ImageImage

Trade Rumor?? Redd, CV, 1st for TMac+Bonzi

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#121 » by Newz » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:56 pm

If I went the 'rebuilding' route with the Bucks (AKA if I had to trade Redd) then I could see a deal with the Rockets...

I'd try Redd + Ruffin for Battier + Scola + Brooks + Snyder + 1st

I think Battier and Scola would be great players to help show our young guys how to play in the NBA... And they are cheap, good players that would help support Bogut, Yi, Mo and whatever lottery selection we would get next season as well as whoever we could get out of the Rockets pick...

I am also extremely high on Aaron Brooks, I think that kid is going to be a really good player in the NBA. He could be a TJ Ford type player, uptempo creater who gets his teammates easy shots... If he never becomes a starter than he could become a very good change of pace type guy off of the bench.

That is how I, personally, would rebuild a team if I did it... Get good, quality, unselfish players like Battier and Scola to create a solid foundation and good attitude on the team, let them teach the young players not only how to handle themselves on the court but off of the court as well... There would also be no locker room problems with those guys.

I wouldn't want to do this deal... But if I absolutely had to trade Redd this would be one of the ideal deals in my opinion, since if we are dealing Redd we are rebuilding IMO... No sense in trying to trade him for a better player when we don't have the supporting cast to win anything anyways.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,412

Post#122 » by rilamann » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:59 pm

I never been a big fan of Tmac he's one of those guys who puts up nice numbers but doesnt do much to help his team wins games.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#123 » by BobbyLight » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:01 pm

This is a trade you have to do, as long as the pick is top 10 protected. We need a superstar in the worst way. If we don't get one soon I see a lot of empty seats and the Bucks moving somewhere else.

I don't think these rumors have legs... But I'd do the Kidd/Carter trade before I would do this one. But either would generate some real excitiment and give us a shot at the playoffs. I also think Yi and Bogut benefit from either of these moves. I really think that Redd is stunting their growth. McGrady/Kidd are excellent passers and I feel they'd be willing to get Bogut and Yi involved.

One thing that seems promising is that Redd's name is out there. I am done with him. I need form him to be traded before I see the Bucks as anything more than 1st round fodder, if they are lucky.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#124 » by El Duderino » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:02 pm

I don't believe there is truth to this rumor, but if for pretend it did happen and knowing the Bucks luck, it's destined to backfire badly.

We'd miss the playoffs this year and the next two years a not overly happy to be in Milwaukee McGrady milks a wide variety of strains, pulls, and stiff back injuries. We'd finally have our much needed superstar, except we'd have the broken down version.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,198

Post#125 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:45 pm

"It's one of the tendons on the outside of the knee; you can almost say it's part of the hamstring," Rockets trainer Keith Jones said. "When we did the first MRI, we were looking for the bone bruise. "With the MRI they did (Wednesday), you get more imaging, better resolution, and you could see the strain area in the tendon where it inserts in there, and that's exactly where the pain is coming from. "Normally, it's three weeks for that kind of strain." Bonzi Wells will continue to get most of the minutes in his place.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,902

Post#126 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:47 pm

I think Houston needs to make a trade to add depth, and this doesn't qualify because of Wells being included. I would think a Redd/CV for T-mac deal would be more appropriate for both teams.

All the talk about T-mac not being a winner is irrational, his teams have historically been far better when he's played than when he's injured and that's all he should be judged on. He can't control Grant Hill's injuries or Orlando's inability to add another star beside him or Houston's inability to add enough depth in a conference where lots of other teams have just as much star power as they do but far superior supporting casts.

The injury objection is a far more rational objection, as is the objection that it doesn't make the Bucks so much better that they won't still need to rebuild anyway. I'd rather try to trade Redd for a top young prospect and some more friendly contracts, while also perhaps getting rid of a bad contract, but I'd do Redd/CV for T-mac because it's worth a shot. They would probably still be in the lottery this year, but could trade their pick for more veteran help while also using the MLE to shore up their depth.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#127 » by El Duderino » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:53 pm

McGrady is a great talent, but he's become one of those fragile athletes that his team has to cringe each time he falls to the floor. It seems like whenever i watch the Rockets, Tracy starts limping whenever he falls down or starts grabbing his back.

Gotta be nerve racking for Rockets fans given they have no hope without McGrady, but that he's a young guy with what looks to be old mans body.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#128 » by Chapter29 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:15 pm

Profound23 wrote:Yep, the 1st rounder would have to be at least top 5 protected, if not top 8.

Love the trade, hate giving up the pick.

Thumbs up from me as long as the pick is protected and McGrady looks good health wise.

Star players rule in this league. Go get him Larry.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#129 » by Chapter29 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:18 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:I think Houston needs to make a trade to add depth, and this doesn't qualify because of Wells being included. I would think a Redd/CV for T-mac deal would be more appropriate for both teams.

All the talk about T-mac not being a winner is irrational, his teams have historically been far better when he's played than when he's injured and that's all he should be judged on. He can't control Grant Hill's injuries or Orlando's inability to add another star beside him or Houston's inability to add enough depth in a conference where lots of other teams have just as much star power as they do but far superior supporting casts.

The injury objection is a far more rational objection, as is the objection that it doesn't make the Bucks so much better that they won't still need to rebuild anyway. I'd rather try to trade Redd for a top young prospect and some more friendly contracts, while also perhaps getting rid of a bad contract, but I'd do Redd/CV for T-mac because it's worth a shot. They would probably still be in the lottery this year, but could trade their pick for more veteran help while also using the MLE to shore up their depth.

Good post and I agree. I don't quite get the Wells thing. Unless for some reason, be it either salary issues or that Houston management is unhappy with him. Even salary wise it fits better.

Our doctors would have to at bare minimum say he's of good health. I know he is somewhat fragile, but I'll take that risk.

Even more so that the pick is the sticking point.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,633

Post#130 » by Bernman » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:25 pm

I don't see how adding T-Mac for Redd, as primaries, makes the Bucks' much better.

We have 3 main problems right now:

1. No perimeter defense. McGrady doesn't make a dramatic difference in that area.

2. No leaders. McGrady is not a real intense, vocal guy. He couldn't turn the Magic around from their freefall.

3. The offense is too perimeter oriented, ball dominated by Mo, and nobody makes each other better. Well, adding McGrady makes us equally perimeter oriented, if not more. He's struggling to work with Yao even. Either he's going to dominate the ball, or Mo is still here to do so. McGrady doesn't make players better.

I don't particularly care for the deal. We'd continue to have similar problems which have ailed us this season.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#131 » by Buck You » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:27 pm

McGrady's play making ability is actually something I would love to get in this trade. I think he would make Bogut and Yi better.
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#132 » by bango_the_buck » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:44 pm

How 'bout combining this rumor with the Miami one?

Bucks trade: Redd, CV, Simmons, 1st
Bucks receive: McGrady, J Will, Smush

Rockets trade: McGrady, Franchise
Rockets receive: Redd, CV, 1st

Heat trade: J Will, Smush
Heat receive: Simmons, Franchise
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#133 » by Buck You » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:46 pm

bango_the_buck wrote:How 'bout combining this rumor with the Miami one?

Bucks trade: Redd, CV, Simmons, 1st
Bucks receive: McGrady, J Will, Smush

Rockets trade: McGrady, Franchise
Rockets receive: Redd, CV, 1st

Heat trade: J Will, Smush
Heat receive: Simmons, Franchise

Why would the heat want 2 bad contracts?
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#134 » by skones » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:49 pm

There is no way I throw the pick in that deal. Redd and CV? That's quite a package there. CV is the type of guy that makes the deal for the Rockets. He's also a guy that would fit extremely well in Houston. That first is overkill in my opinion.
BrewersGM
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#135 » by BrewersGM » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:53 pm

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yup. We've talked about that and to me, that's pretty huge. I think this team badly needs some buzz and a reason for people to come out and watch it play. I don't think blowing the team up and going with 5 lottery picks is going to generate much excitement. I do think adding a player like McGrady would not only create buzz locally but nationally as well. I don't think that aspect should be overlooked here.

Hey we might even get some televised games if it happen!
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#136 » by bango_the_buck » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:55 pm

ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Why would the heat want 2 bad contracts?

Francis does not have a bad contract (he's only got one year remaining for around the vet minimum). They were rumored (don't know how true it is) to be interested in Bobby and they're desparately trying to find a taker for Smush...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#137 » by Buck You » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:01 am

bango_the_buck wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Francis does not have a bad contract (he's only got one year remaining for around the vet minimum). They were rumored (don't know how true it is) to be interested in Bobby and they're desparately trying to find a taker for Smush...

Ah yeah you're right about Francis. Forgot about his latest signing. I was thinking about his contract from the Knicks. But I still doubt they take Bobby.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#138 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:12 am

No way I do this deal. TMac is one of the most overrated players in the NBA, and giving up Redd/CV AND a first round pick is too much. The pick is the breaking point in this deal. It's not like McGrady is a 23 year old player, he's a very good player, an upgrade from Redd yes but not CV and a lottery pick better. No way in hell.
tlsbucks
Senior
And1: 0

Post#139 » by tlsbucks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:13 am

lets keep redd and pair him with a star...sounds basic but two stars are needed in the east now
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#140 » by skones » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:17 am

I don't want to pair Redd with a star. I can't see him deferring to ANYONE.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks