ImageImage

Damon Jones back + WSSP rumor (page 8)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Re: Damon Jones back + WSSP rumor (page 8) 

Post#121 » by aaprigs311 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:20 am

I'd be thrilled with Camby. He's most definitely a Skiles type of player too.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#122 » by xTitan » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:21 am

One more thing, Woelfel said over a month ago he thought the Bucks would have a decent chance of getting Chris Wilocx.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#123 » by trwi7 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:24 am

xTitan wrote:One more thing, Woelfel said over a month ago he thought the Bucks would have a decent chance of getting Chris Wilocx.

Did he hear this from a "Western Conference Executive"?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#124 » by REDDzone » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:28 am

I don't like how Wilcox has played this season. He was good last year but based on his play this season, we have at least two players on our roster better at playing PF than him.

I'd give up DJ to do it, but OKC would insist on a pick, I don't think I'd be down with that given how successful our picks have been.

EDIT: Second rounds picks, that is...
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#125 » by aaprigs311 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:31 am

Wilcox wouldn't be a good fit for the Bucks.
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#126 » by JustinCredible » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:34 am

I would be thrilled with Odom or Boozer. Would those trades even be possible if Lue and CV were included? I still think this is a pipe dream but I'm starting to believe it might be a big name player. With Milsap stepping up for Utah would they really do a deal like this?
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
CBeacs
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#127 » by CBeacs » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:36 am

If OKC didn't want Jones during the three-way trade, why do they want him now?
Wouldn't that rule out a deal for Wilcox, Smith or Collison?
Dedicated reader.... infrequent poster
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#128 » by xTitan » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:41 am

CBeacs wrote:If OKC didn't want Jones during the three-way trade, why do they want him now?
Wouldn't that rule out a deal for Wilcox, Smith or Collison?

Buy out his contract, they have Krsytic coming in and need to clear a roster space.
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#129 » by Andrew34r » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:44 am

JustinCredible wrote:I would be thrilled with Odom or Boozer. Would those trades even be possible if Lue and CV were included? I still think this is a pipe dream but I'm starting to believe it might be a big name player. With Milsap stepping up for Utah would they really do a deal like this?

I dont think its un-reasonable to think its something major. Bogut is obviously excited about it.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 422

Post#130 » by smauss » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:46 am

xTitan wrote:My information flow is now, but a trickle...but based upon the comments Hammond made during the Q&A that GAD posted, along with Skiles comments, there is no way in hell Damon Jones is going to be on this roster for any period of time. Lue is just a good bench guy who is as good a shooter as Jones but light years better defender and ball handler. My guess is this is going to be a very small deal, Jones and possibly a #2 for another player who's deal is also expiring.

This is my thought as well. I'm thinking Wilcox or Collison or that type of player. I wanted Wilcox 4 years or so ago when I was on the JS board. Well, better late than never I guess........
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
BDUB_30
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#131 » by BDUB_30 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:10 am

theirs no way the bucks are dealing cv/lue for wilcox .

call me crazy , but lue/cv can and should land alot more then wilcox ... obviously thats it these " rumblings " are true .

i wouldnt be happy with that trade at all . i think lue is without a doubt needed on this roster and provides something that nobody else on this roster can ...defense at the pg position ...that alone is worth more then what wilcox can bring . cv has provided us with a very nice scoring punch off the bench ... not sure why we would just give that up for something as average as wilcox ..

if theirs any merit to lue/cv being packaged i think were going to get back something of a bit more signfigance then wilcox .

which raises the question ...would the bucks have any interest in wilcox at all ? moute / cv / allen are all as capable if not more capable then wilcox imo .
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,725

Post#132 » by SupremeHustle » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:13 am

If it's Utah, let it be my main man Memo! (He's expiring, too).

Better fix this before I'm attacked. Memo has a player option, just like Boozer.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#133 » by jeremyd236 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:22 am

I think a lot of us may be overreacting. Perhaps a future deal is going down...but Redd is going to be traded because Jones is activated? Get real. Jones shoots threes. If you guys think Redd is one dimensional, Jones may be the most one dimensional player in the NBA. And he also has a terrible terrible contract. It'd be tough for the Bucks to trade him without him playing, so perhaps we're just going to give him a few minutes and show some teams that he's still active and can still get up and down the court.

I don't think you can simply say Redd is going to be traded because Jones is activated. And that WSSP rumor is garbage. The Bucks might be shopping CV and Lue? Really? The whole time, I thought those 2 were untouchable! Ground breaking stuff here.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#134 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:23 am

If were able to nab a decent PF for just Damon Jones, then it would be a gift.

I'm not thrilled with the idea of shipping out Lue/CV unless we are getting: Camby, Boozer, or Odom for them. Lue can give us good minutes and is worth more than DJ, especially since DJ has been playing video games and eating cheeseburgers while Lue has been learning and playing in Skiles system.

CV has also made great strides under Skiles and in his 6th man role. I wouldn't want to ship him out for a guy like Wilcox, Collison, or Brandon Bass. Maybe Bass, but I think CV has more offensive tools than Bass and is also a better rebounder.
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#135 » by BDUB_30 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:25 am

anybody think the bucks can do better with cv / jones expiring then taking on collisions contract for 2 more season ?

i do .

scratch collison off the list ..his deal sucks , no way the bucks take on his salary for what he brings to the table .. why would the bucks take on collison ? id rather have cv this year , and have him pick up his option for next year . then to pay collision that kind of money for 2 more years .

i dont see wilcox or collison headed here .
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#136 » by BDUB_30 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:30 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:If were able to nab a decent PF for just Damon Jones, then it would be a gift.

I'm not thrilled with the idea of shipping out Lue/CV unless we are getting: Camby, Boozer, or Odom for them. Lue can give us good minutes and is worth more than DJ, especially since DJ has been playing video games and eating cheeseburgers while Lue has been learning and playing in Skiles system.

CV has also made great strides under Skiles and in his 6th man role. I wouldn't want to ship him out for a guy like Wilcox, Collison, or Brandon Bass. Maybe Bass, but I think CV has more offensive tools than Bass and is also a better rebounder.

i agree with this 100% .. if their is any validity to a cv/lue package ...its not for collison or wilcox. It just doesnt make sense for the bucks ... not only are cv / lue just flat out performing better , theirs also chemistry issues .. the bucks are going to risk chemistry for collision/wilcox , which isnt even really much of an upgrade to our 4 spot ..

not to mention collisions deal flat our sucks for what he brings ... he gets gadzuric money , and performs like gadzuric ....are we really advocating trading expiring deals for a gadzuric at the 4 spot .

i wouldnt even trade gadzuric for collision straight up ..id simply rather have dan ...wilcoxs expiring , i probablly would do that ... :lol:
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#137 » by Nebula1 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:34 am

Hope the Jones package brings back some real talent. This is an important deal for the Hammond Era.
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#138 » by BDUB_30 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:38 am

the more i think about this , the more i think that theirs not **** happening .

that the big suprise was DJ .. the " i think it will help us " comment from bogut is pretty much the nail in the coffin with that one .

f'n pube playing with our emotions getting us all excited about Damon Jones ? thanks for the gift uncle scrooge , i would of prefered damon jones just stayed gone . next time why doesnt bogut just climb up on my roof , and take a big **** down my chimeney and scream " MERRY CHRISTMAS" because getting excited about damon jones as a gift is about as exciting as getting a stick of fkn gum from grandma when i was 10 .
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#139 » by trwi7 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:42 am

BDUB_30 wrote: and take a big **** down my chimeney and scream " MERRY CHRISTMAS"

How about "Hold out your stockings, kids."?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBKdwR8npW4
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
bigdog13
Junior
And1: 6

Post#140 » by bigdog13 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:52 am

I think he is just what we need. I expect him to play backup 2 . we need another guy that can hit the 3

Return to Milwaukee Bucks