ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,813

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst 

Post#1321 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon May 13, 2024 9:53 pm

Bridges is nice, but was overrated defensively, and then has taken a step back from that. Brooklyn made a major mistake not dealing him after last season.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#1322 » by machu46 » Mon May 13, 2024 10:08 pm

I imagine we’d have to add some serious value to Middleton to get a package worth Bridges, but something that results in Middleton out and Bridges in is probably the only suggestion I’ve seen in here that I’d be happy with dealing Middleton for so far.

I agree with whoever it was that said Houston would just take Bridges in the scenario proposed though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,647

Post#1323 » by raferfenix » Mon May 13, 2024 10:51 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Horst staying isn't the worst thing. Remember, we downgraded from Bud.

The guy is a highly competent GM as it relates to trades. The real question is where the organization as a whole stands on being aggressive or say only trading Marjon and the pick, and running most of it back.

Do you think Horst leaked that he didn’t want to hire Doc, or did that come from Detroit or somewhere else (mid-playoffs) to stir the pot?

If the pecking order between Doc and Horst and ownership is murky that certainly could impact our ability to be aggressive — especially if there are any disagreements about personnel.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,195

Post#1324 » by Ron Swanson » Mon May 13, 2024 10:57 pm

We don't have the assets for Bridges and that's probably a good thing. He's become massively overrated. Gimme the other Brooklyn wing that gives you 80% of what Bridges gives you, and doesn't require sacrificing Khris. I'll keep banging the Cam Johnson drum. Slot him in the front-court next to Giannis and it'll be like when the 2012-14 Heat figured out small ball and played Shane Battier at PF.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,401

Post#1325 » by paulpressey25 » Mon May 13, 2024 11:22 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:We don't have the assets for Bridges and that's probably a good thing. He's become massively overrated. Gimme the other Brooklyn wing that gives you 80% of what Bridges gives you, and doesn't require sacrificing Khris. I'll keep banging the Cam Johnson drum. Slot him in the front-court next to Giannis and it'll be like when the 2012-14 Heat figured out small ball and played Shane Battier at PF.

I don't see Cam Johnson as 80% of Bridges. And from a salary standpoint, we're taking on a $23mm a year guy in Cam. And Bridges is essentially paid the same.

If there was some way we could move Middleton and our #1 for Bridges with a third team, sign me up. That would sort of be the perfect move if Khris would be dealt.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,284

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#1326 » by FlagsFlyForever » Mon May 13, 2024 11:52 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:If only Herb Kohl were still with us. We could hoist the “Best 3 Man statistical lineup” banner at Fiserv.

My point is no moves we make will matter if Giannis keeps getting hurt for the playoffs.
Read on Twitter
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#1327 » by -Jragon- » Tue May 14, 2024 1:20 am

ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1328 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue May 14, 2024 1:26 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:We don't have the assets for Bridges and that's probably a good thing. He's become massively overrated. Gimme the other Brooklyn wing that gives you 80% of what Bridges gives you, and doesn't require sacrificing Khris. I'll keep banging the Cam Johnson drum. Slot him in the front-court next to Giannis and it'll be like when the 2012-14 Heat figured out small ball and played Shane Battier at PF.

I don't see Cam Johnson as 80% of Bridges. And from a salary standpoint, we're taking on a $23mm a year guy in Cam. And Bridges is essentially paid the same.

If there was some way we could move Middleton and our #1 for Bridges with a third team, sign me up. That would sort of be the perfect move if Khris would be dealt.

Throw on a 1st to downgrade the SF spot and not have any assets left to get the combo guard we need? Absolutely not. That deal ends us as contenders.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#1329 » by -Jragon- » Tue May 14, 2024 1:42 am

Weird number... Donte Divincenzo has the 39th highest winning % in NBA history.. guess who is 40th..... MJ wth lmao... averaging 9 ppg
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#1330 » by -Jragon- » Tue May 14, 2024 1:44 am

The only other former Buck on the list is Kareem
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,392

Post#1331 » by RiotPunch » Tue May 14, 2024 1:46 am

-Jragon- wrote:Weird number... Donte Divincenzo has the 39th highest winning % in NBA history.. guess who is 40th..... MJ wth lmao... averaging 9 ppg

They don't call him the Michael Jordan of Delaware for nothing.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#1332 » by -Jragon- » Tue May 14, 2024 1:47 am

Giannis to Steph to Brunson.. quite a magic carpet ride for that cat
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#1333 » by -Jragon- » Tue May 14, 2024 2:20 am

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-players-best-winning-percentage-ever/

Link JIC.

Pretty interesting list. The main guys like Magic/Bird/Duncan either joined a good team or helped resurrect it and stayed put, but there are role players sprinkled in like Rodman and Horry who winning teams would covet and they could just do their thing and keep winning. Donte fits in with that idea; especially if he can keep getting more and more consistent.

Still can't all the way say it was a mistake trade. We wouldn't have signed Donte AND Grayson Allen. Grayson 3p% was hight 37%DD 40%GA and his TS% was higher .54DD .62GA. They also got some second rounders that ended up wasted on Crowder --
Serge didn't pan out but Serge is on this list too so I see what they were trying. I'm assuming Donte would have been in the Dame trade instead so it's about the same outcome.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#1334 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:56 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:Throw on a 1st to downgrade the SF spot and not have any assets left to get the combo guard we need? Absolutely not. That deal ends us as contenders.

You might be the only one who views it that way. Would be hard to get a third team to send the Nets enough draft assets in exchange for Middleton.

Bridges played 82, 83 and 82 games the past three years. He’s five years younger than Middleton and can defend.

German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,084

Post#1335 » by German Athens » Tue May 14, 2024 3:15 am

I also think Midds is better than Bridges, and Bridges has become very overrated around the league. He’s really durable, and would be a very nice fit as kinda a midpoint between Khris and Jrue, but without the elite skillset that either of those two brought.

He’s a very good defender who never should have been in any DPOY talk, and is more in the crop of borderline all-nba defenders.

His reputation would match if he was 5 years younger doing what he’s doing, but as it stands, he’s a finished product in the middle of his prime.

I just don’t think bridges would be worth it considering what else we’d have to give up to get him, unless we could keep the big 3 together.

I agree with Ron that it would be better to go after someone like Cam where you could assuredly keep the big 3 intact.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,334

Post#1336 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 14, 2024 3:16 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:Throw on a 1st to downgrade the SF spot and not have any assets left to get the combo guard we need? Absolutely not. That deal ends us as contenders.

You might be the only one who views it that way. Would be hard to get a third team to send the Nets enough draft assets in exchange for Middleton.

Bridges played 82, 83 and 82 games the past three years. He’s five years younger than Middleton and can defend.

Rare place where I agree with ShootingtheJ. That's great that you get a guy who's been around more in the regular season. He's also never been as good as Middleton, including last season.

Put Middleton on ice next spring with a phantom injury if you're worried about availability. He's better when it matters.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,617

Post#1337 » by Frank Nova » Tue May 14, 2024 3:19 am

Here’s a crazy idea that works financially..

Khris, Brook, pick 23 and 2031 1st (or whatever 1st available we can move) to Philly for Joel Embiid.

I’m thinking if you want Khris Middleton trades, they’re likely going to be how we used Jrue for Dame. We’re gonna try and make a huge splash for a star that asks out. That could be Embiid. He’s 30, fragile and can’t win in Philly even with star sidekicks. Dame Giannis Embiid would be the best trio maybe ever…. Just a thought.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#1338 » by yb90 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:58 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

To me Cam is a slightly shorter Michael Porter Jr. Who doesn't rebound as well.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#1339 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:08 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Rare place where I agree with ShootingtheJ. That's great that you get a guy who's been around more in the regular season. He's also never been as good as Middleton, including last season.

Put Middleton on ice next spring with a phantom injury if you're worried about availability. He's better when it matters.

Middleton is the better player when healthy. It’s the philosophical debate that’s been raging the last few weeks. I’ll take the slight downgrade in talent in exchange for five years younger and health. Would rather build a stronger foundation for the next 3-4 years, because I don’t think we were that close last year, even when healthy.

ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1340 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue May 14, 2024 4:15 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

It took Bridges 82 games to reach the same value Middleton had in 55 games this year. Come playoff time, no one will care that Bridges played in the 82 meaningless games. In the playoffs Bridges is not, nor will he ever be, as good as Khris Middleton.

Bridges is a vastly overrated defender. Remember when he tried to defend Mids in the Finals? Good times

I will say that at least Bridges is better than that awful Josh Giddey proposal.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks