ImageImage

OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

thonnisbeastley
Pro Prospect
And1: 674

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1361 » by thonnisbeastley » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:05 am

Plossum wrote:The FTX case will be interesting. Perhaps I’m a bit naive but I always saw it as a poorly run business as opposed to a scam. Clearly the DoJ sees it differently. SBF will be going to prison given the DoJ’s strike rate on convictions.

Was a full on scam
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#1362 » by M-C-G » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:09 pm

thonnisbeastley wrote:
Plossum wrote:The FTX case will be interesting. Perhaps I’m a bit naive but I always saw it as a poorly run business as opposed to a scam. Clearly the DoJ sees it differently. SBF will be going to prison given the DoJ’s strike rate on convictions.

Was a full on scam

Yep, those texts that were made public literally had SBF he felt bad about **** over the investors and that the ethics and oversight talks he gave were for show. 100% scam, maybe it started as legit but he knowingly pivoted at some point along the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,767

Post#1363 » by chonestown » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:20 pm

Reading about speculative assets, boy, it's a trip. Don't need no brown acid to rearrange your mental.imo

Read on Twitter
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
chonestown
General Manager

Post#1364 » by chonestown » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:21 pm

Read on Twitter

Time for Husqvarna to make their move into the exciting world of sports arena sponsorship. The world may not need speculative assets you can put assets in quotation marks if that's your thing but the world will need quality powered saws and assorted landscaping tools for homeowners around the world.imo
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-DCB
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,188
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#1365 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:24 pm

Bad Boy Mowers Arena. Beef'O'Brady's Arena.

I am admittedly influenced by bowl games here.
chonestown
General Manager

Post#1366 » by chonestown » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:30 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:Bad Boy Mowers Arena. Beef'O'Brady's Arena.

I am admittedly influenced by bowl games here.

Oh, you better believe that's where I'm coming from.

-DCB
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#1367 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:16 pm

I dumped my Etherium and put it into WETG. Somebody on Reddit has been pumping it and I took a small flyer on it. As long as I can get the stock to move from 0.47 to 1.00, I will come out ahead.

I only have 1-2% in Bitcoin but think I will just ride that out.

Starbucks has been very good for me. It was looking bleak most of 2022, but I’m up 15% overall now. Coca Cola is my safe haven, havent made a ton but on positive side. I cashed out some Madison Square Garden stock, which has moved well in last month.

I should have hung on to WWE longer. Stock was almost back up to 90 this week I think I saw. I bought in around 40 and sold off at 60 over the summer I think it was.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,493

Post#1368 » by KidA24 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:33 am

chonestown wrote:
Read on Twitter

Time for Husqvarna to make their move into the exciting world of sports arena sponsorship. The world may not need speculative assets you can put assets in quotation marks if that's your thing but the world will need quality powered saws and assorted landscaping tools for homeowners around the world.imo

Guaranteed rate all the way.

Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
chonestown
General Manager

Post#1369 » by chonestown » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:11 pm

Chicago is a whore (for predatory mortgage lenders)

-DCB
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,024

Post#1370 » by sidney lanier » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:17 pm

chonestown wrote:
Read on Twitter

I could get behind Husqvarna Arena. Probably need some lobby signs with beauty shots of manly tools, though. And maybe some snappy ad copy along the lines of one of my favorite old jokes:

"I can count the advantages of my Husqvarna chain saw on the finger of one hand."

But seriously, ladies and germs, don't forget to tip your server and mock those teams who took the naming rights money from these scammers. I think Crypto.com arena is next. What was wrong with Staples Center? Everybody uses staples.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
sidney lanier
Head Coach

Post#1371 » by sidney lanier » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:31 pm

How effed up is the FTX thing? The fact that you've got a dese and dose grifter like the Mooch sounding like he's talking through an Alan Greenspan translator tells me something. It's like Mike Tyson lecturing at a conference on ear health.

And by the way, savvy move to sell them a third of your company. Hope you did a credit check.

Scaramucci says SkyBridge can buy back FTX stake this year, alleges SBF committed fraud

SkyBridge Capital can buy back the stake it sold to collapsed cryptocurrency exchange FTX but the issue will likely take months to resolve, the investment firm’s founder Anthony Scaramucci told CNBC Friday,

“We’re waiting for the clearance from the bankruptcy people, the lawyers and the investment bankers to figure out exactly what we’re going to be buying back, and when,” he said, adding that the situation likely won’t be resolved “until probably the end of the first half of this year.

FTX bought a 30% stake in SkyBridge in September, before the crypto company filed for bankruptcy on Nov. 11.

The financier and short-term White House communications director also said that, in his opinion, it is now obvious that FTX’s former CEO and founder Sam Bankman-Fried, known as “SBF” and believed to be a friend of Scaramucci, broke the rules.

“I think it’s very clear now that there was fraud. We’ll of course have to let the legal system determine all of those things,” Scaramucci told CNBC.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/13/scaramucci-says-skybridge-can-buy-back-ftx-stake-this-year-alleges-sbf-committed-fraud.html
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#1372 » by -Jragon- » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:22 pm

Does anyone trade with ICT or Strat techniques? I'd be interested in chatting, if so
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,395

Post#1373 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:32 pm

Interesting that FTX gets chopped out on Wednesday, but last night the FTX logo was still prominently being superimposed on the Heat court.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
sidney lanier
Head Coach

Post#1374 » by sidney lanier » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:16 pm

I'm not a fan of crypto, but I do like the mystery crpyto car at Davos.

Michael Chobanian, the founder of Kuna, confirmed to CNBC in a statement that the car belongs to him and the reason he parked there was purely out of convenience.

“The car is there because this is the closest parking spot that I found,” Chobanian said.

He also hit back at the critics of the car.

“How is the crash related to my property? I am [in the] crypto and finance industry for 10 years. I am not selling anything, nor promoting. If someone made bad decisions and lost money, it’s their fault and not my cars,” Chobanian said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/19/davos-mystery-of-orange-bitcoin-car-revealed-and-owner-slams-critics.html
chonestown
General Manager

Post#1375 » by chonestown » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:27 pm

<goes to Etsy>
<types in "artisanal crowbar">
<mashes the purchase button>
<selects overnight delivery>
<books flight to Switzerland>
<...>
<profit?>

-DCB
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#1376 » by vital_signs » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:19 pm

Anyone have experience with I Bonds? Moving my money around currently as the few quarters US Bank gives me monthly is a joke.

So far put some into an 11 month CD at 5% APY through Capital One. Opened up a high yield savings account through Capital One at 3.4%.

I know these Bonds are currently 6.89% but my only experience with bonds is savings bonds from my grandparents as bday and christmas gifts as a kid so I'm not entirely well versed on how to get the money out. What does the process look like?
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,395

Post#1377 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:35 pm

vital_signs wrote:Anyone have experience with I Bonds? Moving my money around currently as the few quarters US Bank gives me monthly is a joke.

So far put some into an 11 month CD at 5% APY through Capital One. Opened up a high yield savings account through Capital One at 3.4%.

I know these Bonds are currently 6.89% but my only experience with bonds is savings bonds from my grandparents as bday and christmas gifts as a kid so I'm not entirely well versed on how to get the money out. What does the process look like?

To buy the I Bonds, you need to set up an account with Treasury, and are limited to $10,000 per year. That said, when inflation is running high, you get the great returns people have gotten the past year, with no principal risk. Know people who started buying these 20-years ago, and have accumulated a nice holding of them. Can make sense as part of a portfolio, now that high rates are here.

Have to hold the bond for one year. The good news is that if you later sell, you get 100% of principal back, unlike other bonds that are priced at market, depending on interest rates. If you sell in the first five years, when cashing out, you lose the last three months interest.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,965

Post#1378 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:21 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
vital_signs wrote:Anyone have experience with I Bonds? Moving my money around currently as the few quarters US Bank gives me monthly is a joke.

To buy the I Bonds, you need to set up an account with Treasury, and are limited to $10,000 per year. That said, when inflation is running high, you get the great returns people have gotten the past year, with no principal risk. Know people who started buying these 20-years ago, and have accumulated a nice holding of them. Can make sense as part of a portfolio, now that high rates are here.

Have to hold the bond for one year. The good news is that if you later sell, you get 100% of principal back, unlike other bonds that are priced at market, depending on interest rates. If you sell in the first five years, when cashing out, you lose the last three months interest.

Pretty well covers it.

I bought 10K worth back when the interest was over 9%. Some people thought the website was hard to figure out but I didn't have any trouble.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,152

Post#1379 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:32 pm

Been awhile since I've done any I-Bonds but I thought it was pretty easy to buy and sell on the website. Certainly a good thing to park some cash in right now.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,152

Post#1380 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:17 pm

Threw some money on ANKR at .015 a couple months ago and with the Microsoft announcement this morning it's soared to .051. Didn't invest a ton but a nice pump.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks