ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,922

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst 

Post#1361 » by blazza18 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:35 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
LuessiT wrote:I haven’t watched much late Portland Dame but I was surprised how often he got blocked or couldn’t finish at the rim. I assume him not being able (anymore?) to go all the way hurts his midrange game. But that’s just an observation.

Dame had the highest FG% of his career at the rim last season.

That is a wild and unexpected stat.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,707

Post#1362 » by LuessiT » Tue May 14, 2024 12:39 pm

blazza18 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
LuessiT wrote:I haven’t watched much late Portland Dame but I was surprised how often he got blocked or couldn’t finish at the rim. I assume him not being able (anymore?) to go all the way hurts his midrange game. But that’s just an observation.

Probably not that unexpected with the game generally becoming faster and FG% at the rim trending upwards along with better offensive players around you generally increasing FG% but from the limited times I got to watch games last season, I didn’t expect that. Thanks for sharing.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,948

Post#1363 » by fansinceforever » Tue May 14, 2024 12:41 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Really odd discussion here, considering we do not even have the assets to acquire Bridges.

All stemmed from a trade I cooked up with Houston that sends Middleton and gets back #3, Brooks and Eason. Then we send #3, #23, Brook and Bobby to BKN for Bridges and DFS.

To me, these are very unlikely but Houston needs offense and I assume BKN will want to start over soon.

Now, I'm being told we're getting getting screwed in these deals lolol. Insane.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,375

Post#1364 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue May 14, 2024 12:44 pm

blazza18 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

0-3 feet he shot 67.7%, highest of his career. % of field goals there was a 19.4% though, which is lowest in his career, and 3-10 feet was 14.7, which is the highest in his career. So like well he's finishing at the rim, I suppose he is getting there less and doing more short range stuff where he's not amazing and probably where people see him failing a bit. Though throughout his career he hasn't been consistent, or good really, there often. I think one problem with Dame is that's where a lot of the foul baiting stuff he likes to do happens, and he isn't getting that call like he wants. For what it's worth though, his free throw rate was the second highest of his career last season.

John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,375

Post#1365 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue May 14, 2024 1:03 pm

LuessiT wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Dame had the highest FG% of his career at the rim last season.

Probably not that unexpected with the game generally becoming faster and FG% at the rim trending upwards along with better offensive players around you generally increasing FG% but from the limited times I got to watch games last season, I didn’t expect that. Thanks for sharing.

Didn't find it when I posted but got it now, you're not that wrong on him being blocked a lot either. He got blocked 85 times last season which is a lot. Funny enough, Giannis got blocked 90.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/misc?CF=GP*GE*60&PerMode=Totals&Season=2023-24&dir=D&sort=BLKA
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,549

Post#1366 » by Milbucks96 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:00 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Dame had the highest FG% of his career at the rim last season.

0-3 feet he shot 67.7%, highest of his career. % of field goals there was a 19.4% though, which is lowest in his career, and 3-10 feet was 14.7, which is the highest in his career. So like well he's finishing at the rim, I suppose he is getting there less and doing more short range stuff where he's not amazing and probably where people see him failing a bit. Though throughout his career he hasn't been consistent, or good really, there often. I think one problem with Dame is that's where a lot of the foul baiting stuff he likes to do happens, and he isn't getting that call like he wants. For what it's worth though, his free throw rate was the second highest of his career last season.

With no stats to back it up, I think Giannis really **** up spacing for Dames drives and that’s the biggest reason Dame looked a lot better when Giannis sat. Idk how to fix that other than Giannis at the 5 and spamming pick n rolls.

Also I do think injury and age is a factor too, when it comes to his drives.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,227

Post#1367 » by theFireBlanket » Tue May 14, 2024 2:06 pm

Dame didn't workout last summer, & a lot of people thought he looked slow on drives. Easy to imagine that playing a big factor in it.

Doc should at least be tinkering with more Giannis at the 5.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,223

Post#1368 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 14, 2024 2:11 pm

How close is Bobby + 23 to getting us #9 from Memphis?
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,730

Post#1369 » by machu46 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:13 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:How close is Bobby + 23 to getting us #9 from Memphis?

I really have no idea what to think in terms of valuing draft picks this year since the draft seems to be so epically bad. I wouldn't be surprised if Memphis would do that but also wouldn't be surprised if they laughed in our faces.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1370 » by LuessiT » Tue May 14, 2024 2:32 pm

Should get us there in value but also needs filler no?
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,649

Post#1371 » by Bernman » Tue May 14, 2024 2:42 pm

Bobby would have supposedly got us a late lotto last year, and this is a worse draft. It wouldn't shock me if it got done, but I think we're still missing a little value, & I don't know if we have anyone we're willing to give up to make up the gap.

Speaking of which, of course we have the assets for Bridges (Lillard, for example), you mean you just don't want to trade them. We could exchange a little better player on paper on the front end, for maybe a better fit, & a much bigger c'ship window.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#1372 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 14, 2024 2:49 pm

LuessiT wrote:

Probably something like Konchar and Zaire Williams. Starting to think that OKC might be more interested in Bobby than Brook though. Bobby and 23 for Kenrich Williams and 12 gives them a front court upgrade while not cutting into their cap space. They might even throw in Dieng if they wanna go after a big free agent target.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,170

Post#1373 » by Matches Malone » Tue May 14, 2024 4:42 pm

How do we trick OKC into making it Jaylin Williams instead of Kenrich? I remember liking Jaylin coming out and wanted him over Marjon. OKC probably wouldn't go for it though, I just wish he was on the Bucks lol. Trade in one Razorback for a new one.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1374 » by LuessiT » Tue May 14, 2024 4:50 pm

I think the teams that are willing to send the most value for Bobby are teams with enough cap space to renegotiate and extend. I think OKC could be interested, but don’t underestimate the Pistons for example.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,414

Post#1375 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:54 pm

Bernman wrote:However, if some of our more measured fans are even making this claim, it speaks well to the potential return.

Bobby and Pat for Huerter, Davion Mitchell and pick #13.

I can see Vivek liking it. Get vets in for another playoff push. For us, Davion is decent as a point of attack guard, in a contract year. Pick #13 is the real asset, and what we might do with it.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,088

Post#1376 » by German Athens » Tue May 14, 2024 4:55 pm

LuessiT wrote:I think the teams that are willing to send the most value for Bobby are teams with enough cap space to renegotiate and extend. I think OKC could be interested, but don’t underestimate the Pistons for example.

I think Detroit would be interested, too.

But since we’re currently a second apron team, the deals get tougher. We can’t presently aggregate salaries, unless we drop ~1.7m in salary. I even think that means we can’t presently package #23 in a trade with a player because we aren’t trading the pick, we’re trading the player after making the pick on behalf of someone else.

So, we need to trade one of our guys first to bring back less salary, then we can aggregate again.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#1377 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 14, 2024 5:00 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Bernman wrote:However, if some of our more measured fans are even making this claim, it speaks well to the potential return.

I can see Vivek liking it. Get vets in for another playoff push. For us, Davion is decent as a point of attack guard, in a contract year. Pick #13 is the real asset, and what we might do with it.

That's an absolute home-run for us, especially if we don't have to throw in 23 or 33. It's either that or the OKC deal. Bobby and 23 for 12, Kenrich Williams, and Ousmane Dieng. I doubt we'd do it, but that's even a scenario where I'd be fine just keeping the pick and injecting some youth into the roster while keeping Brook as a luxury player/asset going into the season.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,820

Post#1378 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue May 14, 2024 5:19 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

Probably something like Konchar and Zaire Williams. Starting to think that OKC might be more interested in Bobby than Brook though. Bobby and 23 for Kenrich Williams and 12 gives them a front court upgrade while not cutting into their cap space. They might even throw in Dieng if they wanna go after a big free agent target.

Memphis has a TPE that fits Bobby. If we take filler back were not giving up 23. Maybe 33 or a future 2nd.

Pretty sure the offer from Dallas for Bobby was the same offer they made for Washington. Williams and a lightly protected 1st for for Washington and a 2nd. Dallas really wanted Bobby's rebounding, same reason Memphis would be interested.

At the time, Bobby wasn't playing his best basketball. Since then, Bobby has been on fire, including numerous huge games as a starter. Then Bobby averaged 19 ppg and 13 rpg in the playoffs with a team best plus/minus.

His value is significant.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1379 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue May 14, 2024 5:22 pm

German Athens wrote:
LuessiT wrote:I think the teams that are willing to send the most value for Bobby are teams with enough cap space to renegotiate and extend. I think OKC could be interested, but don’t underestimate the Pistons for example.

I think Detroit would be interested, too.

But since we’re currently a second apron team, the deals get tougher. We can’t presently aggregate salaries, unless we drop ~1.7m in salary. I even think that means we can’t presently package #23 in a trade with a player because we aren’t trading the pick, we’re trading the player after making the pick on behalf of someone else.

So, we need to trade one of our guys first to bring back less salary, then we can aggregate again.

Wouldn't we only be trading the rights to the player, as the player wouldn't be signed yet?
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1380 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue May 14, 2024 5:33 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Heurter is a playoff disaster and defends like Beasley. Let's keep looking.

Also, IMO, the Kings should try to put a rim protector next to Sabonis, and that's not Bobby. The Kings are the one team that should go hard after Jonathan Isaac.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks