ImageImage

Woelfel on trade rumors (Redd on block)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Re: Woelfel on trade rumors (Redd on block) 

Post#141 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:07 pm

That's more caps lock and explanation point usage than I'm used to out of Jerrod. I like the new style!
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,996

Post#142 » by emunney » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:15 pm

Could Redd's trade value get any lower? Possibly, but considering the shooter/scorer he's been over the course of his career, I'd think it'd be more likely that his value goes up rather than down. I have been all over Redd in this thread, and even I think he's capable of producing at a better rate than he has been. And, overall, I really don't think he's been playing that bad. His shooting just needs to improve to something approaching career norms, and we'll be back to helping us. If his trade value isn't as low as it seems, and we could still get value for him in the form of a better fit, obviously you go for it. But until then, I think you wait until he climbs out of his hole. Every day you wait is a day closer to the expiration of his contract.

ps explanation point
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,670

Post#143 » by Max Green » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:22 pm

What did I say that was so out there? The second round part may be a slight stretch, but I believe if we get a favorable 1st round opponent like Orlando, I believe we have a great chance of upsetting them in 7 games.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#144 » by trwi7 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:23 pm

MVP4Champ wrote:What did I say that was so out there? The second round part may be a slight stretch, but I believe if we get a favorable 1st round opponent like Orlando, I believe we have a great chance of upsetting them in 7 games.

How is Orlando a favorable first round opponent?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,833

Post#145 » by worthlessBucks » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:26 pm

trwi7 wrote:
MVP4Champ wrote:What did I say that was so out there? The second round part may be a slight stretch, but I believe if we get a favorable 1st round opponent like Orlando, I believe we have a great chance of upsetting them in 7 games.

Vegas thinks Orlando is quite favorable.
Go Bucks!
BDUB_30
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#146 » by BDUB_30 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:42 pm

i agree ...well , let me just say .. its a possibility with this roster . We just need to get back to work , keep improving .

this team does defend , and the scary thing is , they can get alot better at it ..If we could pull off the cv for landry deal , well be even better defensivly .

nobody can say for certain what the potential is for this team . All of these guys have a ton of room for improvement and that can happen at any time , collectivly they are improving , and have improved .. I would take any player on this roster now then i would in any prior season , with the exception of gadzuric under porter .

Redds shooting is horrendous , but hes not jacking as much , passing more , playing better defense .

Bogut is rebounding better , and a bit more agressive offensivly even though the stats dont reflect that .

Ridnour is playing great for us , if he continues the play hes shown now for 7 games straight IMO hes a better player then mo .

Ja has no where to go but up . :lol:

Moute is well , what can ya say .

A milwaukee assistant said that RJ is possibly playing the best ball of his carrer , take that for what its worth .

Nobody knows for sure either way what this roster can do if in the playoffs ..Id bet we get in , and i would actualy take the bucks over orlando in 7 (wouldnt bet that though )..Dwight Howard is overated at this point in his carrer . that doesnt mean he sucks , he is a wonderful player . But he has flaws and those flaws can be exploited . He is overated in the regard that he is not very skilled around the hoop ..atheletic as hell yes , strong as hell , yes .. but if it requires some touch, forget about it .. dwight throws the ball at the hoop still .
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,670

Post#147 » by Max Green » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:50 pm

trwi7 wrote:

We match up really well with them. But we still have a little bit under 3/4's of a season left. I expect our team to be much more improved by the end of the season.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
RideEmCowboy24
Analyst
And1: 29

Post#148 » by RideEmCowboy24 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:01 am

really wishing it could have been redd down in phoenix with T-Pot instead of j-rich
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#149 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:29 am

Never mind what I wrote about Ann Coulter hitting on my Dad, I just got confirmation that it was actually Laura Ingraham. I have no idea how I could get those two confused.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,266

Post#150 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:37 am

Redd for Bargnani/Parker/Graham (could be cut)/Adam (could be cut)/1st (top 5 protected)

Give enough cap space to possibly get us 1 or possibly even 2 solid shooting guards (MLE type players). A player(s) like Bell, Daniels, Parker maybe even throw an offer at a potential player like Gerald Green.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#151 » by trwi7 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:38 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Never mind what I wrote about Ann Coulter hitting on my Dad, I just got confirmation that it was actually Laura Ingraham. I have no idea how I could get those two confused.

Annoying, blonde conservatives. It's quite simple. Do a google image search of Laura Ingraham and you get Ann Coulter in related searches.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#152 » by power4wardjinx » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:58 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Never mind what I wrote about Ann Coulter hitting on my Dad, I just got confirmation that it was actually Laura Ingraham. I have no idea how I could get those two confused.

:rofl2:
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#153 » by Joana » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:45 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:Maybe the injury was his only problem. Then again his stats last year were very consistent with what he did at the beginning of this year

Reddzone wrote:A year and 15-20 games is quite a long time for a slump, no?

I think that's a very superficial analysis. Only apparently his slump was so large. Ridnour started last season injured. He played 10 consecutive games for the first time only by the end of December. When he put a decent string of games together and gained some game shape, his numbers improved a lot.

You're just seeing his season average of 38% or something. But in the last 4 months his FG% was 42.0%. His splits pre and post ASG:
pre - 36 FG%, 19 3PT%
post - 43 FG%, 36 FG%

Forgetting stats for a while, Ridnour is a solid shooter off the dribble for a guard and a bellow average spot up shooter, especially from distance, where he can be really bad.
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#154 » by Joana » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:58 pm

Is Troy Murphy the only PF in the entire league whose career shooting efficiency is even smaller than Redd's? This board would implode with him playing for the Bucks. And while I've seen him playing defense this season, he's been a sieve his entire career. Sometimes he wouldn't even bother to raise his arms.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#155 » by old rem » Thu Jan 1, 2009 1:09 am

THE DINJ wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Annoying, blonde conservatives. It's quite simple. Do a google image search of Laura Ingraham and you get Ann Coulter in related searches.

Yeah I'd rather bone Helen Thomas...

Yeah...afterwards you can have a few hours of memorable conversation with Helen on history and politics. After doing it with Coulter...I'd be PLEASE STFU...or just kill me....(which I assume she's do with sadistic glee) :evil:
CENSORED... No comment.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#156 » by jerrod » Thu Jan 1, 2009 1:22 am

adamcz wrote:That's more caps lock and explanation point usage than I'm used to out of Jerrod. I like the new style!

that must have been what happened when i blacked out at work and woke up to the screen telling me my post had been entered :D
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#157 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 3:59 pm

This is from Yahoo - link through hoopshype.com.

Note that no Bucks are listed...... You would think Redd would make this list if he was being shopped

Three NBA executives say that the Golden State Warriors are pushing Corey Maggette hard in trade talks. Other players that executives say are available include Philadelphia 76ers center Sam Dalembert, Charlotte Bobcats guard Raymond Felton and forward Adam Morrison, Chicago Bulls forward Drew Gooden and guard Larry Hughes and Sacramento Kings center Brad Miller. …
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,376

Post#158 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 7:10 pm

Tommy Udo 6 wrote:Other players that executives say are available include Philadelphia 76ers center Sam Dalembert, Charlotte Bobcats guard Raymond Felton and forward Adam Morrison, Chicago Bulls forward Drew Gooden and guard Larry Hughes and Sacramento Kings center Brad Miller. …

We've talked a lot over the years about a "Redd for Gooden/Hughes" trade when those players were with the Cav's. I'd still do that deal right now if the Bulls would. I think those two players would give us enough veteran help to make the playoffs. If needed, we could add CV into the deal.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#159 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 7:15 pm

I'd probably do Redd for Gooden/Hughes, only because Hughes contract expires one year sooner than Redd's, and Gooden would easily be our best bench big, and is an expiring. It does hurt our already weak perimeter shooting even more though, that is the one thing I really don't like about it. But acquiring Gooden would give us CV and Gooden as bench bigs, that is pretty solid.

Ridnour/Sessions
Hughes/Bell
Jefferson
LRMAM/Villanueva
Bogut/Gooden

Solid 9 man rotation.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#160 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 7:22 pm

Another trade I'd explore is Redd for Green/Dalembert/Ratliff.

Dalembert and Green both expire same year as Redd. Green is a decent shooter and better defender, Dalembert gives us a shotblocking presence and allows us to continue our rebounding dominance.

Then we could draft a wing or PF with our first in 2009.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks