ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

yannis-akumpo
Junior
And1: 312

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst 

Post#1561 » by yannis-akumpo » Mon May 20, 2024 11:49 pm

We need a defensive minded SG and an athletic big. It would be a miracle if we could somehow bring back Donte
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,816

Post#1562 » by JayMKE » Tue May 21, 2024 12:11 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Bernman wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:They don't compare even a little as rim protectors. Edey blocked 2.2 shots per game as a senior, Kessler blocked a whopping 4.6 shots as a sophomore.

Edey improved to pedestrian as a rim protector for an NBA prospect. It's not close to an elite skill for him.

Kessler also had a significantly higher foul rate. Edey being a superior offensive player they needed to stay on the court meant he could commit for less. He favored altering w/out fouling a lot of the time.

Edey had the same block rate as Brook Lopez in college. Was he not close to an elite rim protector in the NBA?

In most games collegiates had trouble finishing around the rim when Edey was around by his sheer size, decent awareness, & adequate mobility. We'll see if it translates against more skilled, athletic bigs & when there's def. 3 secs pulling him out the lane.

You do realize that Brook was considered a defensive sieve the 1st half of his career right?

He always was a rim protector even when he was garbage defensively, Brook was a guy putting up 20ppg at one point. One thing I’m confident Edey will be able do on the next level is defend the rim, dude 7’5” with an 8’ wingspan come on.
FREE GIANNIS
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,834

Post#1563 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue May 21, 2024 12:23 am

JayMKE wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Bernman wrote:
Kessler also had a significantly higher foul rate. Edey being a superior offensive player they needed to stay on the court meant he could commit for less. He favored altering w/out fouling a lot of the time.

Edey had the same block rate as Brook Lopez in college. Was he not close to an elite rim protector in the NBA?

In most games collegiates had trouble finishing around the rim when Edey was around by his sheer size, decent awareness, & adequate mobility. We'll see if it translates against more skilled, athletic bigs & when there's def. 3 secs pulling him out the lane.

You do realize that Brook was considered a defensive sieve the 1st half of his career right?

He always was a rim protector even when he was garbage defensively, Brook was a guy putting up 20ppg at one point. One thing I’m confident Edey will be able do on the next level is defend the rim, dude 7’5” with an 8’ wingspan come on.

His slow reactions is what lead to his pedestrian college shot block totals.

If being big made you a great defender, Boban would play
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,435

Post#1564 » by randy84 » Tue May 21, 2024 12:24 am

Athleticism over plodder like Joe Alexander over Brook Lopez or more like Thon over Sabonis?
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,005

Post#1565 » by soxperry » Tue May 21, 2024 12:42 am

yannis-akumpo wrote:We need a defensive minded SG and an athletic big. It would be a miracle if we could somehow bring back Donte

lol.. yes it would, because New York is never getting rid of him.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,652

Post#1566 » by raferfenix » Tue May 21, 2024 1:56 am

Alternative universe where we paid PJ instead of allocate those dollars to Grayson.

We don’t piss off Donte (if not kill his confidence) by extending the new guy clearly brought on as his replacement.

Maybe we say F it and extend the Big Ragu despite the injury to keep him happy. Or we play hardball when he’s a RFA.

Just don’t trade him for Serge Ibaka’s corpse. Yes he was horrid with the Kings too. And the Warriors as well as Thibs deserve credit for his development.

But this is looking like a Tobias for Redick situation though way worse since we desperately need a guy like Donte to compete for championships right about now.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,652

Post#1567 » by Bernman » Tue May 21, 2024 2:04 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:His slow reactions is what lead to his pedestrian college shot block totals.

If being big made you a great defender, Boban would play

Boban has gigantism. He can't control his limbs. That's an impediment to all aspects.

Edey's a rare player around his height/length that doesn't have gigantism, isn't a skeleton, sloppy, a total sloth, lackadaisical, but possesses some skill & instincts. So he's intriguing. Checks plenty of boxes that could make him hit.

I also see some reasons for pause, especially in this era - he's still probably a drop big, he might not be able to keep up in a transition game, he's not yet a proven outside shooter.

I get why he's polarizing, but I also don't because one should be able to see both perspectives. None of us are omniscient. We don't need to have emphatic opinions about everything that hasn't even happened yet.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,695

Post#1568 » by BroncoBuck » Tue May 21, 2024 2:08 am

raferfenix wrote:Alternative universe where we paid PJ instead of allocate those dollars to Grayson.

We don’t piss off Donte (if not kill his confidence) by extending the new guy clearly brought on as his replacement.

Maybe we say F it and extend the Big Ragu despite the injury to keep him happy. Or we play hardball when he’s a RFA.

Just don’t trade him for Serge Ibaka’s corpse. Yes he was horrid with the Kings too. And the Warriors as well as Thibs deserve credit for his development.

But this is looking like a Tobias for Redick situation though way worse since we desperately need a guy like Donte to compete for championships right about now.

Donte was pissed when we tried to trade him for Bogdon. He was offered the same extension as Grayson and he didn’t take it. He was done with the Bucks. This isn’t a Tobias for JJ situation at all. He was never coming back to the Bucks.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1569 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue May 21, 2024 2:18 am

BroncoBuck wrote:
raferfenix wrote:Alternative universe where we paid PJ instead of allocate those dollars to Grayson.

Donte was pissed when we tried to trade him for Bogdon. He was offered the same extension as Grayson and he didn’t take it. He was done with the Bucks. This isn’t a Tobias for JJ situation at all. He was never coming back to the Bucks.

None of this matters. He had admitted that he learned to shoot from Steph. If he stays in Milwaukee, he isn't the player he is today.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1570 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue May 21, 2024 2:20 am

Donte was traded for 2- 2nds. We've cashed in one, and the other is the 33rd pick of this draft
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,529

Post#1571 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue May 21, 2024 2:28 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:

Donte was traded for 2- 2nds. We've cashed in one, and the other is the 33rd pick of this draft
Let's get Andre Jackson Jr. Junior.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,689

Post#1572 » by -Jragon- » Tue May 21, 2024 2:33 am

BroncoBuck wrote:

Tobias is yet ANOTHER player that helps you on one side of the floor but hurts you on the other. Perennial early playoff exits are the result. They probably couldn't get rid of that contract even of they wanted to. Looks better now that it's expiring.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,551

Post#1573 » by drone3 » Tue May 21, 2024 2:46 am

GoldenAntlers wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Ryan Dunn is Ajax jr jr
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,807

Post#1574 » by bucksfansince88 » Tue May 21, 2024 3:19 am

drone3 wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Ryan Dunn is Ajax jr jr

Yea Dunn would be a steal at 23
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 1,043

Post#1575 » by MiltownMadness » Tue May 21, 2024 3:56 am

Okay I know nothing about this draft, I used to be a draft nerd when the Bucks were a lotto team but it escapes me now. Dunn is a 50% FT shooter through 2 years of college. AJJ actually showed decent development with his shot this season and was a 70% FT shooter in college, there is no way Dunn is that much better at what AJJ does to make up for it. 50% FT shooter for a wing is so incredibly bad, close to a death sentence. What am I missing? Seems like a guy who needs a lot to go right to make it in the NBA, albeit I wouldn't mind at 33 because this draft is so bad.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 1,043

Post#1576 » by MiltownMadness » Tue May 21, 2024 4:01 am

One thing is for sure, if John Hammond was our GM we could already lock in the Ryan Dunn pick. Classic Hambone pick
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,415

Post#1577 » by RiotPunch » Tue May 21, 2024 7:26 am

Selling myself on Beef Stew. 9'0.50” standing reach, 7'4.75” wingspan. Brawler, has shown flashes of stretching the floor. He can bang with the brutes of the league. Funny since I thought he was a JAG prospect, but I think he could be about as perfect as you can find next to Giannis. Does Bobby/Pat/33 for Stew/Grimes get it done? Pistons need scoring and vets.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,717

Post#1578 » by LuessiT » Tue May 21, 2024 8:00 am

RiotPunch wrote:Selling myself on Beef Stew. 9'0.50” standing reach, 7'4.75” wingspan. Brawler, has shown flashes of stretching the floor. He can bang with the brutes of the league. Funny since I thought he was a JAG prospect, but I think he could be about as perfect as you can find next to Giannis. Does Bobby/Pat/33 for Stew/Grimes get it done? Pistons need scoring and vets.

Also interested in Beef Stew but I think you’re selling is quite short in value. Picks should go the other way.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 589

Post#1579 » by bdpecore » Tue May 21, 2024 12:08 pm

LuessiT wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Selling myself on Beef Stew. 9'0.50” standing reach, 7'4.75” wingspan. Brawler, has shown flashes of stretching the floor. He can bang with the brutes of the league. Funny since I thought he was a JAG prospect, but I think he could be about as perfect as you can find next to Giannis. Does Bobby/Pat/33 for Stew/Grimes get it done? Pistons need scoring and vets.

Also interested in Beef Stew but I think you’re selling is quite short in value. Picks should go the other way.

I agree Detroit should be sending us a future 2nd not the other way around. Bobby has late 1st value. Due to Stew and Pat's contracts, their value is about neutral. Grimes is worth a 2nd or two but will need to be extended next offseason which could diminish his trade value.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,088

Post#1580 » by German Athens » Tue May 21, 2024 12:40 pm

Yeah, I go back and forth on who I’d rather have between WCJ and Stewart. I like them both. I think WCJ has a little bit more refined game, and I trust his shot more, but Stewart is more durable, only 22 so probably is due for some improvement, and I think may have a better motor.

As of 7:23am cst, gimme Beef Stew.

I’d happily do that deal. I may prefer to send marjon out instead of pat to enable us to trade more salary in a subsequent move, but I really struggle with placing pat’s value. I’m not sold on Grimes by any stretch, but one year ago, he was being talked about as a dude who’d require firsts to get.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks