ImageImage

PG Knicks - Vegas Baby

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Re: PG Knicks - Vegas Baby 

Post#161 » by greekbuck34 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 10:10 am

I can't believe I watched Giannis in playoff mode in early December. You could tell from the beginning he was locked in just by the look in his eyes. The IST is a huge success, kudos to Adam Silver!

Dame knew we wouldn't need Dame time in the clutch this time so he used it to close out the 1st half with Giannis in foul trouble.

If there was any doubt left about Malik it's surely gone by now. He is locked in the starting five. Screw the overall defense when you have such a good spacing on offense. It's not just the catch and shoot 3s that elite defenses can actually manage to contest some times. It's all the fake and pullups or the side steps he takes and makes with confidence that truly punish any wall defense, double teams and general packing of the paint. When you have that from 2-3 players in the lineup there is no wonder Giannis averaging +30 PPG on +60% FG.

The Knicks have great defense and Thibodeau is very smart on that end and it says a lot when he was watching our team shooting for 60% on 3s and he never once changed his defense of packing the paint against Giannis on his drives, his rolls and his post ups. He knows that he is **** if he let Giannis go 1v1.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,511

Post#162 » by old skool » Wed Dec 6, 2023 10:13 am

I think the the complaints about the Fiserv crowd being bad are flat out wrong. There are plenty of spontaneous chants of "Bobby, Bobby", "MVP, MVP", etc. Every Lopez block gets a loud cheer. Ditto for 3-pointers, slams etc. The crowd responds to recorded "Defense, Defense" chants and mindlessly react negatively to every call that goes against the home team. Cheers every challenge.

I have seen games in over a half dozen NBA arenas and today's Bucks crowds are roughly typical. I saw over 400 games in the BC and the crowds were definitely suddenly louder at the end of games, after 3 quarters of indifference . Plenty of times the crowds were stone silent. There was a ten year stretch when the loudest fan reaction was when a Packer in attendance would be introduced, or a Bears logo would be displayed to produced boos when the opponent was at the FT line. It was not unusual to hear players shouting to each other from my upper level seat.

I have always appreciated the designated cheer section, but they seemed to stand out much more in the BC than they do in FF. I think the FF crowds are louder, by comparison, which makes sense as there is so much more to cheer for when the team is one of the winningest teams in the NBA.

Watching the recent Heat road game, I was struck by how many seats were empty throughout that game. Prime seats in TV camera view sitting empty the entire game. The Fiserv crowd does better than that.

But more than anything, I don't feel that TV reflects the level of crowd noise. Crowd noise is obviously modulated for broadcast purposes. Ditto for PA system generated noise. Anyone who regularly attends games knows this.

I felt that tonight's crowd was a bit quieter than normal. But not that much quieter than other NBA crowds I have experienced. Attendance seemed down. Lots of vacant suites. No school/civic "groups" attending - normally dominated by youths. Regular weekday night game.

These aren't "excuses". Just my opinions reflecting my experiences and observations. I respect other views. Anyone is free to disagree, but the facts as I see them contradict the idea that Bucks crowds are very different from the crowds in other NBA cities.
greekbuck34
RealGM

Post#163 » by greekbuck34 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 12:00 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Was a great statement game by the team.

Giannis needs to be put back up in that MVP race by the media. He’s been the forgotten man. No longer after tonight.

No star has ever been more disrespected.

Based on our Game Threads he is been our 2nd or 3rd worst player so far in the season. :lol:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,403

Post#164 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 12:18 pm

BC was louder because it was a sterile, concrete Sam’s Club warehouse.

Fiserv is designed for concerts. Much more acoustic sound absorption.

Getting Milwaukee fans off their ass to cheer constantly has been a challenge at both buildings.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,918

Post#165 » by blazza18 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 12:46 pm

Our crowds can get loud but I’m not sure if our fan base (that go to games at least) are actually passionate hoop fans.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,627

Post#166 » by PG Graveyard » Wed Dec 6, 2023 1:05 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
randy84 wrote:
Prez wrote:He's like 10 years in man, this is who he is. They just need to capitalize on what trade value he has left before it completely craters, and try to get someone who better fits whatever Griffin's trying to do.

Does anyone know what Griffin is trying to do?

5 Teenwolves just nonstop steals.

That defense would be amazing
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#167 » by GBPackers47 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 1:22 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
Karsenmitsche wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
Nobody here has ever said Grief was smart. This just strengthens point. If you're watching this PHO-LAL game, you can clearly see/hear how pathetic our crowd is in comparison. There were times in the 4th quarter where our guys would make a shot, and the crowd literally stayed at the same volume. :lol:

Will always miss the Bradley Center crowds. Not sure why but our crowds have gone from the best in the league to the worst ever since the move to fiserv. Fans just don’t care to get into it aside from reactionary big plays.

It's truly mind-boggling. BC crowds in 2000-01 were insane.

And I don't buy the whole "Fiserv doesn't hold noise as well'" or "it's all rich people now". Fans literally sit there like **** zombies.

Except after a made 3 and everyone jumps around, screaming for a free t-shirt with a bank sponsorship on it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,178

Post#168 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Dec 6, 2023 1:23 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:BC was louder because it was a sterile, concrete Sam’s Club warehouse.

Fiserv is designed for concerts. Much more acoustic sound absorption.

Getting Milwaukee fans off their ass to cheer constantly has been a challenge at both buildings.

This. It's been talked about since the building opened. Are there "rich people" who sit on their hands at FiServ? Yes. Were there rich people who sat on their hands at the BC. Absolutely.

Personally, I'm focused on the games (great game last night) rather than being fixated on the crowds game after game after game.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,545

Post#169 » by Milbucks96 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 1:43 pm

Giannis shaking off that nasty ankle twist was crazy
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,192

Post#170 » by MissKhriddleton » Wed Dec 6, 2023 1:49 pm

I can’t tell you how many times the Bucks made a great offensive play and then .5 seconds after the inbound gave up a bucket on the other end. Killed some of the crowd momentum.

Also the on court host screwed over 1 dancing old lady who clearly should have won and a guy playing lightning who lost out on a trip to Vegas.

And the giant tshirt cannon didn’t work. Shot zero shirts.

Not sure what you want the crowd to do with all that.
greekbuck34
RealGM

Post#171 » by greekbuck34 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 1:53 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:Giannis shaking off that nasty ankle twist was crazy

You usually feel those sprains after the game. Let's see how he looks tomorrow if it got swollen a bit at night. We are unlucky the Pacers game tip off is also unsually very early. Not only they get 1 night of extra rest, they put the game early while we also have to travel in Vegas...
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,194

Post#172 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Dec 6, 2023 2:01 pm

God our offense looks unstoppable. Obviously 60% from three won't likely happen again but Giannis is getting clear lanes, our shooters (Dame, Beas) are getting wide open shots, and our ISO guys (Bobby, Khris) are getting to their spots unbothered. Its a beautiful thing to watch. And important, too, because our defense is still a dumpster fire. I still prefer a little energy, effort *wink* on that end but it was apparent early on how we were going to win games this season.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#173 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Dec 6, 2023 2:02 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Image

Proud member of the "I don't have to" club. Not sure how Beas became the early scapegoat.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,178

Post#174 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Dec 6, 2023 2:03 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:Giannis shaking off that nasty ankle twist was crazy

You usually feel those sprains after the game. Let's see how he looks tomorrow if it got swollen a bit at night. We are unlucky the Pacers game tip off is also unsually very early. Not only they get 1 night of extra rest, they put the game early while we also have to travel in Vegas...

His ankle is definitely hurting this morning and will be hurting pretty bad tomorrow night.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#175 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Dec 6, 2023 2:03 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Yeah **** it, let's just keep punting on D and score a million. Coach can't scheme anyway so let's **** go nuts and score 140 a game.

:lol:

yeah basically
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,005

Post#176 » by soxperry » Wed Dec 6, 2023 2:04 pm

Giannis can sleepwalk to 40 against Indy.

Dame should also get his pretty easily.

Khris has a good game and its over fast.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#177 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Dec 6, 2023 2:05 pm

drone3 wrote:Is there a correlation with Patty out?

Maybe. We could definitely use a rotation condensing move at the deadline. Although every other contender will be looking to do the same thing.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,418

Post#178 » by MiltownHawkeye » Wed Dec 6, 2023 2:26 pm

Dame is up to 28/5/9 on 48/41/91 splits his last 11 games. I'll admit I was worried in the beginning, not just because he had a few subpar games but because you never know when the wheels are gonna start falling off a 33-year old small guard + the fact we weren't his preferred destination. Glad he's looking like the player we were all expecting.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,767

Post#179 » by chonestown » Wed Dec 6, 2023 2:39 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
KidA24 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:Bucks should just pay David Bakhtiari to be there every game, shot-gunning beers on the jumbotron. They love that ****!

Listen, I was there tonight. When the entire in arena experience is designed to take away from the game, it's not surprising that fans don't react.

There's always some stupid excuse why our crowd sucks. It used to be 'oh it's a week night' to fans coming up with other creative excuses now.

You watch any of these other games around the league and it's clear as day how pathetic ours is. And we have a team that's competing every single year. Is always at the top of the conference. Has Giannis and now Dame.

It's pathetic...and very weird to me. Just a bunch of lazy, low IQ fans that go to these games nowadays.

I think the problem starts at the top.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#180 » by Shaffty » Wed Dec 6, 2023 3:14 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
ReginaldDwight wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:It's truly mind-boggling. BC crowds in 2000-01 were insane.

And I don't buy the whole "Fiserv doesn't hold noise as well'" or "it's all rich people now". Fans literally sit there like **** zombies.

Its not rich people but its upper middle class people who werent fans until 4 years ago. They dont really care its just something to do and be like yeah i went to the game last night.

Sounds like the team should lower the prices. Get the real fans back in there. Boost the team's morale when they're feelin' low.

they should cut the in arena wifi off too

Return to Milwaukee Bucks