Post#161 » by vlietinho » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:56 pm

^^^^ what he said, and it's Flavor Flav, boiiiiiii :wink:

Would love to see T-Mac as a Buck, though without that pick
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 422

Re: Trade Rumor?? Redd, CV, 1st for TMac+Bonzi 

Post#162 » by smauss » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:21 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:This is supposed to be a rumor from Peter Vescey. I have yet to even find where this is, but Sparky is talking about it right now on WSSP.

I guess first Vescey mentioned that the Bucks are shopping Michael Redd, and one of the deals offerred to us was Ron Artest for Michael Redd. That of course doesn't work salary wise as a a one for one and would require other parts, plus that is just absurd :lol:
Also, Artest now just had surgery yesterday and will be out for 3-4 weeks.

Anyway, the other deal on the table supposedly is Redd, Villanueva, and a 1st round pick to Houston for Tracy McGrady and Bonzi Wells.

This is the last year of Wells contract, incidentally, with an 07-08 salary of $2.2842 mil

I have heard nothing at all about this and I happened to be actually working the phones a bit late last night talking to some NBA people. That doesn't mean it doesn't have any legs of course, but this IS Peter Vescey (something Sparky is making sure to state as a qualifier as well).

YUCK!

I don't want T-Mac and his injuries here. I agree about how good of a player he is but his body is breaking down IMO. I think this will continually get worse. On the other hand, Bonzi Wells would at least give us someone who would be willing to fight A Storey.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
schwartz57
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#163 » by schwartz57 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:45 pm

This is my first post but im not your normal ballboy in the sense that I have beenreading this board daily since before we won the lottery. I have tried to sign up but i havent had a non-free email address until now. so yay im quite excited to be here.

This was the houston/milwaukee trade i was putting together last night. im not sure if its already been posted in all 10 or whatever pages of this thread. I know 8 player trades dont happen too often but who knows. passes trade checker.

Carl Landry, Luther Head, Battier, and TMac

for

Redd, Villenueva, Bell, and Simmons

Mil Depth Chart

Mo-Ivey/Head-Sessions
TMac-Head/Mason
Battier-Mason
Yi-Ruffin/Landry
Bogut-Ruffin/Gadz

Maybe the bucks need to include a second round pick, but houston does this deal IMO if they believe Bell and Simmons need a change of scenery to thrive.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#164 » by jerrod » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:03 pm

schwartz57 wrote:
Carl Landry, Luther Head, Battier, and TMac

for

Redd, Villenueva, Bell, and Simmons

i'd do that in a second, but i doubt houston would

and, Welcome
NBA Cares
Sixth Man
And1: 34

Post#165 » by NBA Cares » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:56 pm

This is a terrible trade for the Bucks.

1) We are already weak at the PF position.

2) I think McGrady is one of the most overrated players on this board. Maybe it's because of his one great year with Magic, in which he put up 32 ppg. Or maybe it's the way McGrady played against us in 2000 playoffs.

But today's McGrady has lost his jumpshot and explosion. Even veteran posters on Rockets Board admit now that McGrady is no longer a first option on a team, and needs a strong supporting cast. How is this T-Mac going to help us more than Redd?

I've watched Houston play many times during the current T-Mac/Yao era, and their offense is one of the worst in the NBA. When the ball is McGrady's hands down the stretch, it is isolation time.

McGrady driving to the basket with more skill is not true today. Because he doesn't have his legs anymore, he struggles to finish at the rim.
Redd drives to the basket more than McGrady, look at their FT attempts.

3) Why should we give up what should be a lottery pick next year?
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#166 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:09 pm

showtimesam wrote:So was the tone of his article that the rockets have this on the table and are considering it, or that the bucks have it on the table and are debating on whether or not to do it?

I for one would be ecstatic if this trade was on the table. When healthy Mcgrady is a top talent and while he can be a ball hog, he has better natual vision and skills than redd.

Mo/Bell
Wells/Mason
Mcgrady/Simmons
Yi/Ruffin/Simmons
Bogut/Gadz

Man I'd love that!
A ballhog! Now he is the type of player who should be a ball hog because he is a better passer then Bogut is!

T-Mac is an exceptional passer and all around ballplayer with a clutch time, gut-check, type game with things are on the line.

Absolutely love the guy as a player. Top 5 in the entire league when he is well or not.

Even banged up he demands attention everywhere on the darn court and Bogut is a better complement to him because he can run the floor as can Yi...

Instantly he would make the Bucks a perennial contender...INSTANTLY!
Instantly he would sell tickets and drum up interest and overall value.

But I do not anticipating T-Mac agreeing to come here although he might however that is highly unlikely and perhaps built in his contract.

I would love to have Ron Artest as well as I have documented before. He is exactly who you need just like Randy Moss was who you needed for the Packers to ENSURE a Superbowl ring.

But the Bucks' and even some in the media are basically reluctant when it comes to deals of high risk like Ron Artest because of what h would not grant them in doing their jobs, but yet the Bucks' have hired more of the wrong high risks GM's and coaches in the league...so go figure.

But if we were to attempt this Houston deal only if we could also get Carl Landry or Steve Nowak in the deal I would love it even more...Two local kids coming near home would be nice.

But this is what I am talking about... :nod:
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#167 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:12 pm

Freeway wrote:Absolutely love the guy as a player. Top 5 in the entire league when he is well or not.

Dwight Howard
Tim Duncan
Steve Nash
Kobe Bryant
Yao
Dwyane Wade
LeBron James

That's 7 and there's more that I'm too lazy to think of.

Freeway wrote:Instantly he would make the Bucks a perennial contender...INSTANTLY!

Please. He can't even get out of the first round with Yao. WTF is he going to do here?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#168 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:15 pm

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Dwight Howard
Tim Duncan
Steve Nash
Kobe Bryant
Yao
Dwyane Wade
LeBron James

That's 7 and there's more that I'm too lazy to think of.

And thats the part that sticks out to you? What about him only using one emoticon in the whole post? (and using it at the very end)

BTW, that austrailian simpsons episode was on last night. Awesome.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#169 » by BuckFan25226 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:20 pm

How can this be a bad trade for the Bucks?? We are going nowhere with the players we have.

Fine, T-mac has had injury problems. And yes it would be a risk, but what Blockbuster trade isn't a risk?

1.) We are getting a Small Foward in Wells who is better then any foward we have right now.

2.) We're getting a superstar in T-mac who is better then any player we have. Whether you think he's overrated or not, that's still a fact.

If it's on the table, then I feel you have to do it.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
trwi7
RealGM

Post#170 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:20 pm

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:BTW, that austrailian simpsons episode was on last night. Awesome.

Saw it.

I'd like a coffee.
Beer?
Coffee.
Beer?
Cooooo...feeee
Beee....errr?

:lol:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

trwi7
RealGM

Post#171 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:24 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:How can this be a bad trade for the Bucks??

Because it still shows this organization has no sense of direction. T-Mac isn't taking us anywhere, just like Redd isn't. So we're swapping out Redd for T-Mac, adding Wells but giving up CV and our 1st.

How is

Williams
T-Mac
Wells
Yi
Bogut

Bell
Simmons
Gadz
Voskuhl
Ivey

any better than

Williams
Redd
Mason
Yi
Bogut

Bell
Simmons
Ivey
Voskuhl
Gadz

It's not. Maybe a fringe playoff team possibly up to a 7th seed but still not enough for contention and not rebuilding. So we're basically the same as we have been we're just shifting pieces.

BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant

Post#172 » by BuckFan25226 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:32 pm

[quote="trwi7"][/quote]

It's better because T-mac and Wells are a fair amount better then Redd and Mason, it really isn't close.

If you're in the boat of just blowing the team up and starting over with young players, fine. But in the meantime, if you have the chance to fill the seats with a superstar like T-mac, you do it. Not only will it make the team better, but it's always wise financially.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,

- yiyiyi
trwi7
RealGM

Post#173 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:39 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's better because T-mac and Wells are a fair amount better then Redd and Mason, it really isn't close.

If you're in the boat of just blowing the team up and starting over with young players, fine. But in the meantime, if you have the chance to fill the seats with a superstar like T-mac, you do it. Not only will it make the team better, but it's always wise financially.

But we're already in a deep hole this year. Plus McGrady is good to miss about 10 games per year, we'd probably lose 8 or 9 of those, then we lose Wells after the year or overpay him and lose our 1st.

This team needs to choose a direction not just switch parts and hope that improves you. I don't care which direction they take, if it's trading our young guys for a guy to pair with Redd or if it's trading Redd and getting young guys. This just isn't going to work though.

BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant

Post#174 » by BuckFan25226 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:42 pm

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

But we're already in a deep hole this year. Plus McGrady is good to miss about 10 games per year, we'd probably lose 8 or 9 of those, then we lose Wells after the year or overpay him and lose our 1st.

This team needs to choose a direction not just switch parts and hope that improves you. I don't care which direction they take, if it's trading our young guys for a guy to pair with Redd or if it's trading Redd and getting young guys. This just isn't going to work though.

I guess I'm looking at it more short term. Right now this franchise is losing money. Bringing in a guy like T-mac would instantly boost ticket sales and merchandise.

Everyone likes to talk about what direction this team is going. What direction is any team going? Every teams direction is to get the best players they can get and win. This franchise needs a shot in the ass, this would be that for the next couple of years.

- yiyiyi
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#175 » by bango_the_buck » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:05 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:This franchise needs a shot in the ass, this would be that for the next couple of years.

I think a shot in the arm will suffice... :lol:

Many of us (read me) thought we had enough talent to compete this year (i.e. advance a round or two in the playoffs). I believe our woes have more to do with chemistry than anything. We don't have an identity and the players don't know their roles. Michael is trying to play the alpha dog role, but he just isn't good enough and can't seem to figure out how to consistently make his teammates better. If we make this trade, we still have a lot of young talent (Yi, Bogut, Mo) and it will change the team dynamic (hopefully for the better), which more than anything may help us improve. Stock-piling young talent does not a contender make (look at the Hawks)...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
MajorDad
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#176 » by MajorDad » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:24 pm

i hate to be negative and burst people's bubble, but i don't see tmac as being a guy who the fans are all going to come out of their hiding to come and watch the bucks play. i don't see the addition of TMAC and bonzi wells creating very many more wins for the bucks. Houston must believe the Bucks' first round pick will be a top ten pick - otherwise why would they want it? Houston is not going to accept a lottery protected pick. I also don't see how this trade will affect the bucks wanting a new arena either. just because fans want a new arena is not a real reason to build one. A new arena would be built on the premise that it would generate a profit. the fact that there are absolutely no plans in existance for the building of a new arena should speak volumes about the anticipated revenues that would be generated by a new arena. I have to believe people have looked at the idea and scrapped it because they don't see a new arena as a money making idea. Building a new arena just so Bucks fans can get a better view is not a good enough reason . how about if the Bucks decided to have a couple of outdoor games at Miller park like the Sabres and penguins did? that would bring the fans. it would be kind of cool. or rather - cold.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,670

Post#177 » by Max Green » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:18 pm

Um, If we were to get Tmac, I would instantly go to bucks.com and buy some tickets to the next home game, and I know for a fact i'm not the only person who would.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#178 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:18 pm

Well, it's too late to merely pay back the money, but as a sign of good faith to our Australian friends, we'd like to imprison Bart for five years.

Homer: [thinks briefly] That's tough but fair. Boy, go with the man

:rofl:
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#179 » by Induveca » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:47 pm

Milwaukee needs to do this if it's still out there.

You won't get anything better for Redd.

Huge for Houston though. An inside/outside game of Redd/Yao is scary.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#180 » by Buck You » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:51 pm

Induveca wrote:Milwaukee needs to do this if it's still out there.

You won't get anything better for Redd.

Huge for Houston though. An inside/outside game of Redd/Yao is scary.

That was the point of having Tmac wasn't it?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks