Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,853

Re: OT: Video Games/Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos 

Post#1741 » by TroyD92 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:04 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:So long as you have a save file with Remake and Intermission you get the two additional summons, right? Between that and watching some tips videos now I wanna hit the ground running.

AFAIK this is correct.

Remake file: Laviathan
Digital pre-order: Moogle

Then you also get some accessories for any pre-order.

Ugh, so I see that you get a Kupo Charm and Survival Set (whatever those are!) if you've played the demo. Can't believe I'm doing this now but I'm gonna download it and try and do a quick save.

Christ I'mma end up taking tomorrow off, aren't I.

I can’t so do it for me brother
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,966

Post#1742 » by stellation » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:45 am

My kid already has Rebirth here in the future, installed/updated and raring to go. They're kindly leaving it for a late night gaming session so I don't stumble past and catch any spoilers (still working through Remake).

No idea how well distributed install software is globally on Playstation (e.g. local AWS delivery etc.), but I think their biggest bit of excitement with getting it before the rest of the world was not trying to download a mega day one patch at the same time as everyone else.
#FreeChuckDiesel
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1743 » by TroyD92 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:24 am

stellation wrote:My kid already has Rebirth here in the future, installed/updated and raring to go. They're kindly leaving it for a late night gaming session so I don't stumble past and catch any spoilers (still working through Remake).

No idea how well distributed install software is globally on Playstation (e.g. local AWS delivery etc.), but I think their biggest bit of excitement with getting it before the rest of the world was not trying to download a mega day one patch at the same time as everyone else.

Stella you must work in tech. Lol
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,810

Post#1744 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:12 pm

Trying to learn Queen's Blood at 12:30am this morning, 2 hours past my bed time, was probably not my best decision. Hoping I understand it a little better when I jump in this evening at normal hours :D
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1745 » by TroyD92 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:47 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Trying to learn Queen's Blood at 12:30am this morning, 2 hours past my bed time, was probably not my best decision. Hoping I understand it a little better when I jump in this evening at normal hours :D

I was going to start playing, but finished the demo at like 11:30 and ended up showing restraint for the first time in my life. Had a productive work day so will now slack off when I get home in a few hours.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,966

Post#1746 » by stellation » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:00 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
stellation wrote:My kid already has Rebirth here in the future, installed/updated and raring to go. They're kindly leaving it for a late night gaming session so I don't stumble past and catch any spoilers (still working through Remake).

Guilty as charged!

Turns out PSN is on Azure.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,097

Post#1747 » by Siefer » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:00 pm

Big news, guys - I'm going pro at Queens Blood. It's so good.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1748 » by TroyD92 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:09 pm

stellation wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

Guilty as charged!

Turns out PSN is on Azure.

Azure seems like such a cute cert. I’m over here with google cloud
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1749 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:25 pm

Siefer wrote:Big news, guys - I'm going pro at Queens Blood. It's so good.

I know people were saying it's as good or better than Triple Triad - which I was obsessed with - so excited to get my head around it.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1750 » by TroyD92 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:26 pm

I thought the piano mini game was a lot of fun. Seemed like it could be really hard
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,097

Post#1751 » by Siefer » Fri Mar 1, 2024 12:37 am

There's just a whole minigame collection with of minigames in this thing. It's wild
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,366

Post#1752 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:26 am

It's been a while since I've played a Ubisoft open world and I'll be honest, I'm not hating this at all. Sometimes I just wanna shut my brain off, collect some materials, unlock some towers, and check off icons on a map.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#1753 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:27 am

Only Final Fantasy game I’ve ever played was FFXIV, I feel left out.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1754 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Mar 2, 2024 4:40 pm

Update: 34-0 is my new Queen's Blood high score.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1755 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Mar 3, 2024 12:05 am

I did everything in the Grasslands - some of it I really loved, some of it not so much. Not sure it was worth it vs. continuing the story, which I was really missing, so not sure I'll do it again in the next open world area. May cheat it a little bit and look up what the rewards are to decide what I do, and otherwise just prioritize the actual side quests and maybe the battles.

P.S. I want more QB. Everyone should be challenge-able :(
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1756 » by TroyD92 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 12:14 am

MikeIsGood wrote:I did everything in the Grasslands - some of it I really loved, some of it not so much. Not sure it was worth it vs. continuing the story, which I was really missing, so not sure I'll do it again in the next open world area. May cheat it a little bit and look up what the rewards are to decide what I do, and otherwise just prioritize the actual side quests and maybe the battles.

I'm just doing stuff till i get bored then moving on. I'll probably do a more thorough playthrough when i unlock the next tier of combat difficulty. Combat is so fun.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1757 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Mar 3, 2024 12:26 am

TroyD92 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I did everything in the Grasslands - some of it I really loved, some of it not so much. Not sure it was worth it vs. continuing the story, which I was really missing, so not sure I'll do it again in the next open world area. May cheat it a little bit and look up what the rewards are to decide what I do, and otherwise just prioritize the actual side quests and maybe the battles.

I'm just doing stuff till i get bored then moving on. I'll probably do a more thorough playthrough when i unlock the next tier of combat difficulty. Combat is so fun.

Oh yeah, combat rocks. I unfortunately didn't jive with Red XIII as I was hoping I would, I think mostly because I don't guard much :D , so playing waiting game until Yuffie comes aboard and I can rock my Cloud/Tifa/Yuffie main party. Interested to check out Cait Sith too though.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1758 » by TroyD92 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 12:31 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

Oh yeah, combat rocks. I unfortunately didn't jive with Red XIII as I was hoping I would, I think mostly because I don't guard much :D , so playing waiting game until Yuffie comes aboard and I can rock my Cloud/Tifa/Yuffie main party. Interested to check out Cait Sith too though.

Cultured I SEE. I also think they improve Aerith quite a bit. I think Vincent is in this game isnt he? I bet he's pretty fun.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1759 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Mar 3, 2024 12:34 am

TroyD92 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

Cultured I SEE. I also think they improve Aerith quite a bit. I think Vincent is in this game isnt he? I bet he's pretty fun.

I think Vincent and Cid are both non-playable, like Red from Remake.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,227

Post#1760 » by FrieAaron » Sun Mar 3, 2024 12:38 am

Wasn't Yuffie added in the DLC or is that just a standalone story or something?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks