ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas -Trade Deadline Thursday 2 pm CT

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,617

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas -Trade Deadline Thursday 2 pm CT 

Post#1781 » by Frank Nova » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:00 pm

Wiggins really intrigues me. He was an absolute nightmare matchup for Boston when GSW beat them in the finals so if I’m just looking at it on the surface that seems like a major upgrade to the roster…. Wiggins has been a shell of that player the past 1.5 seasons now, can he get back to that or even 90% back? If so, he’s an ideal trade target. If his mind is now past basketball like some suggest, he’s gotta be a hard pass…. How in the world do you determine that tho? Take the chance? That’s dicey.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,195

Post#1782 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:02 pm

We also have this fun habit of labelling all our bench players "trash" while also over-valuing the perpetual "youth and athleticism" guys. DFS is the same age as Pat and almost 2-years older than Bobby, but he's just a better fit with this roster and will help more than either other guy in most playoff series. Just focus on getting good and/or better fitting players, not younger.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,005

Post#1783 » by soxperry » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:03 pm

Unless Wiggins has some kind of long term injury, im very much in on him
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,761

Post#1784 » by msiris » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:04 pm

raferfenix wrote:So....Jake Fischer's sources just connected us to Andrew Wiggins.
nooooooooooooooo
Ride the tank
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,005

Post#1785 » by soxperry » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:04 pm

You take a swing on Wiggins because you dont need Bobby or Pat's offense and if Wiggins regains form we go up a level. Easy decision.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#1786 » by DingleJerry » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:06 pm

Factoring how limited Bucks resources are Dunn really is someone that could tick a lot of boxes and not cost much. The bigger names just seem like they'll cost too much whereas he's flying under the radar and seems to be the exact role player they need next to Dame. Move Beaz to bench sharpshooter. Obviously that doesn't fix everything but it really should help and at least address the guard D issue. Then whatever gets done out of Pat/Bobby etc hopefully helps the bigger wing problem.

It seems Utah does really like him but they have so many Gs and some young ones they can give minutes to instead.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#1787 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:06 pm

raferfenix wrote:So....Jake Fischer's sources just connected us to Andrew Wiggins.

It's tempting because in theory he's a perfect fit for what we need. You'd be praying you can fix something the Warriors havent been able to fix this year which seems iffy. He's been terrible. We still really have no concrete idea why he vanished from the Warriors last year do we?

He also just got hurt last night which isn't ideal timing. Not sure how serious it is.
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#1788 » by Frank Nova » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:09 pm

soxperry wrote:You take a swing on Wiggins because you dont need Bobby or Pat's offense and if Wiggins regains form we go up a level. Easy decision.

I’m not 100% sold on that but I do tend to lean this way as well. A change of scenery can definitely be a good thing for certain players and him getting an opportunity to just kind of blend in with our roster would probably be a good transition. I’m not even worried about what he would bring offensively, dude has all nba defensive intangibles that were on full display on the brightest stage there is. I’d say taking a chance on that could be exactly what the Bucks need right now.
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#1789 » by Frank Nova » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:11 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:

It's tempting because in theory he's a perfect fit for what we need. You'd be praying you can fix something the Warriors havent been able to fix this year which seems iffy. He's been terrible. We still really have no concrete idea why he vanished from the Warriors last year do we?

He also just got hurt last night which isn't ideal timing. Not sure how serious it is.

He’s listed as doubtful for tonight but day-to-day with a sore left ankle. Doesn’t seem overly serious but that’s just from espn fantasy so who really knows..
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#1790 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:13 pm

Frank Nova wrote:Wiggins really intrigues me. He was an absolute nightmare matchup for Boston when GSW beat them in the finals so if I’m just looking at it on the surface that seems like a major upgrade to the roster…. Wiggins has been a shell of that player the past 1.5 seasons now, can he get back to that or even 90% back? If so, he’s an ideal trade target. If his mind is now past basketball like some suggest, he’s gotta be a hard pass…. How in the world do you determine that tho? Take the chance? That’s dicey.

Wiggins is a radioactive player asset for me at this point. No way you can justify as a contender giving up any useful players for him. It's gonna have to be like the Poole contract where you're basically dumping him to some rebuilding franchise. Wouldn't surprise me at all if GS flips him for Gordon Hayward at the deadline just to rid themselves of that money.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,032

Post#1791 » by Prez » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:14 pm

I’d take Wiggins if they gave us Moody too lol
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#1792 » by DingleJerry » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:16 pm

Just did a bit of digging trying to remember his personal issue last year. Best I can find it was due to his dad getting some kind of serous health issue. As best I can tell his dad hasn't passed so presumably the issue is ongoing so him getting back to his old self might not be in the cards anytime soon. And if its been affecting him this much, moving to a new area likely wouldn't be a help to it. Who knows of course, but his fall off seems to correlate pretty strongly with that happening last year.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Post#1793 » by ReddRum » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:21 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:We also have this fun habit of labelling all our bench players "trash" while also over-valuing the perpetual "youth and athleticism" guys. DFS is the same age as Pat and almost 2-years older than Bobby, but he's just a better fit with this roster and will help more than either other guy in most playoff series. Just focus on getting good and/or better fitting players, not younger.

What is your perfect deadline move /moves?
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
MKE_Hodag22
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#1794 » by MKE_Hodag22 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:28 pm

I'd absolutely take Wiggins
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#1795 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:31 pm

ReddRum wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:We also have this fun habit of labelling all our bench players "trash" while also over-valuing the perpetual "youth and athleticism" guys. DFS is the same age as Pat and almost 2-years older than Bobby, but he's just a better fit with this roster and will help more than either other guy in most playoff series. Just focus on getting good and/or better fitting players, not younger.

If you can turn Bobby, Pat, and Marjon into Royce O'Neal and DFS, then I think we're set. That's the ideal move.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,649

Post#1796 » by Profound23 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:32 pm

Prez wrote:I’d take Wiggins if they gave us Moody too lol

Khris/Filler for Wiggins/Kuminga has been my dream trade for years now. I think it would have been possible before Kuminga started going off this year.
rayallenscalves
Junior
And1: 222

Post#1797 » by rayallenscalves » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:32 pm

Prez wrote:I’d take Wiggins if they gave us Moody too lol

Agreed. I'm only taking Wiggins if we get at least one additional asset in return. If Wiggins doesn't return to form, and there's nothing indicating he will, that contract becomes a massive albatross.
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Post#1798 » by ReddRum » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:35 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
ReddRum wrote:

If you can turn Bobby, Pat, and Marjon into Royce O'Neal and DFS, then I think we're set. That's the ideal move.

I like it! What are you thoughts on moving one of Middleton or Lopez? It seems like thats not even a possibility, but maybe its time to get a little younger, no?
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#1799 » by LUKE23 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:36 pm

DFS is the ideal target especially since he is signed for next year as well at a reasonable number. He fits perfectly in our starting five in Beasley’s spot.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,402

Post#1800 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:36 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:If you can turn Bobby, Pat, and Marjon into Royce O'Neal and DFS, then I think we're set. That's the ideal move.

We can do Bobby, Marjon and the picks for DFS---right? Then you keep Bobby for frontcourt depth and 25pt nights against Charlotte.

If that's our outcome, that's not bad.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks