ImageImage

PG Knicks - Vegas Baby

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,055

Re: PG Knicks - Vegas Baby 

Post#181 » by Daver » Wed Dec 6, 2023 3:31 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:A while back Beasley said Griff had to buy dinner after a win. Now he's doing a little shimmy after his threes and winking at the camera. You can tell the guy is having a good time, and it's good to see his hard work paying off. https://youtu.be/lAGshdMkJGg?si=CrQYPWPwZ11LZ4n1&t=277

Think 1st time in a ling time he ferls wntted.Players seem to like him and he has mentioned how much he likes the city n the team.
First rime in a long time im sure he loves all the open 3s hes getting.This is the perfect place for him playing next to 2 top 75 playerx he would be a idiot to leave this.BTW he still isnt good on D but damn it i give him credit for really trying
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#182 » by Shaffty » Wed Dec 6, 2023 3:34 pm

Daver wrote:
Neuromancer56 wrote:A while back Beasley said Griff had to buy dinner after a win. Now he's doing a little shimmy after his threes and winking at the camera. You can tell the guy is having a good time, and it's good to see his hard work paying off. https://youtu.be/lAGshdMkJGg?si=CrQYPWPwZ11LZ4n1&t=277

Think 1st time in a ling time he ferls wntted.Players seem to like him and he has mentioned how much he likes the city n the team.
First rime in a long time im sure he loves all the open 3s hes getting.This is the perfect place for him playing next to 2 top 75 playerx he would be a idiot to leave this.BTW he still isnt good on D but damn it i give him credit for really trying

Giannis is probably one of the only super stars who truly encourages you to shoot the ball as a shooter. Every shooter that comes here excels next to him
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,055

Post#183 » by Daver » Wed Dec 6, 2023 3:38 pm

Shaffty wrote:
Daver wrote:

Giannis is probably one of the only super stars who truly encourages you to shoot the ball as a shooter. Every shooter that comes here excels next to him

Beas has alot to prove after that debacle ge went through last year.Havnt heard anything negative on him except ges a chucker( alot on this board has said) not this year.Hes fitting right in no issues
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Post#184 » by neiLz » Wed Dec 6, 2023 3:40 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
Karsenmitsche wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
Nobody here has ever said Grief was smart. This just strengthens point. If you're watching this PHO-LAL game, you can clearly see/hear how pathetic our crowd is in comparison. There were times in the 4th quarter where our guys would make a shot, and the crowd literally stayed at the same volume. :lol:

Will always miss the Bradley Center crowds. Not sure why but our crowds have gone from the best in the league to the worst ever since the move to fiserv. Fans just don’t care to get into it aside from reactionary big plays.

It's truly mind-boggling. BC crowds in 2000-01 were insane.

And I don't buy the whole "Fiserv doesn't hold noise as well'" or "it's all rich people now". Fans literally sit there like **** zombies.

when the BC sold out, the upper level had like twice as many fans as the lower level. everyone up top would be loud as hell. now it seems like the BC has twice as many people on the lower level vs upper level and the crowd is much differnt.

I sat upper level at the BC as i was in my teens and the experience especially when they made it with karl was the best playoff atmosphere ive ever been to.

I sit lower level now and the fans expect to be wowed and barely cheer. heck when the lakers were in town last year, their casuals brought the energy.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,159

Post#185 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Dec 6, 2023 3:40 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Ugh, I'm sick of those entitled fans paying money and driving to a game on a Tuesday.

And yeah it's kind of weird to compare our first playoff run in two decades to a Tuesday night in December after years of contending.

Right. It's just Tuesday crowds that suck. I swear some of you just don't pay attention. And definitely don't pay attention to other NBA arenas and how the crowds are.

I just think it's weird you are directing your anger at the customer. It's like being upset at guy not enjoying his burger. The Bucks are a billion dollar entertainment franchise. They should be held responsible for creating the type of atmosphere they want. Everything is about creating a high-end experience to maximize value:
$18 Mixed Drinks versus $5 24 ounce beers
$15 custom burgers instead of $2 hot dogs that get you back to your seat quicker
Differential food where you walk across the arena to get what you want verus having every stand the same
$75 Bucks quarter zip instead of pushing better fitting free shirts for color games
$100 Rail Seats in areas that were designed to put SRO rowdy fans in
$Sponsorship money Tshirt toss instead of letting fans cheer on the defense
Less seats to charge a premium vs the bigger BC
Club experiences that encourage you to be there instead of in your seats
Prioritizing Corporate Sales over individual sales
Went cheap on the stadium and have long ass bathroom lines
Forcing loud timeout sponsored entertainment during timeouts instead of allowing down time for people to talk when the game isn't on

ETA: And I'm cool with it. We have an insane payroll for a team in Milwaukee despite a lot of people here complaining constantly how cheap our owners are.
Bucksmaniac
Analyst
And1: 1,001

Post#186 » by Bucksmaniac » Wed Dec 6, 2023 3:41 pm

Daver wrote:

Little things like Brook having a laugh with him after he messed up on spacing in the opening game against Philly could be such a big part of his comfort and therefore his nice offensive start to the year.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,064

Post#187 » by BUCKnation » Wed Dec 6, 2023 3:44 pm

Be Here Now wrote:I know it's been beaten to death, but the difference between the Bucks crowd (when the game was close) compared to the Pacers crowd was really night and day.

to be fair, that was a close game throughout and late. Bucks were up 10-20 throughout the 4th.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#188 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Dec 6, 2023 3:45 pm

I will also add at one point last night, the group of 4 of us in a timeout were all looking at our phones for an extended period. I texted friends watching the game, responded to work emails, and anger read this baord's game thread. No one had a smart phone 20 years ago.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,743

Post#189 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 3:48 pm

Shaffty wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
ReginaldDwight wrote: Its not rich people but its upper middle class people who werent fans until 4 years ago. They dont really care its just something to do and be like yeah i went to the game last night.

Sounds like the team should lower the prices. Get the real fans back in there. Boost the team's morale when they're feelin' low.

they should cut the in arena wifi off too

Half the arena would have a panic attack being unable to check their social media stuff. Only so much ADHD medicine lol
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#190 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 4:01 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:BC was louder because it was a sterile, concrete Sam’s Club warehouse.

Fiserv is designed for concerts. Much more acoustic sound absorption.

Getting Milwaukee fans off their ass to cheer constantly has been a challenge at both buildings.

This. It's been talked about since the building opened. Are there "rich people" who sit on their hands at FiServ? Yes. Were there rich people who sat on their hands at the BC. Absolutely.

Personally, I'm focused on the games (great game last night) rather than being fixated on the crowds game after game after game.

I'm only talking about it after this game because I was called out. And you complain about Novak every single game he announces. So...
Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 271

Post#191 » by Karsenmitsche » Wed Dec 6, 2023 4:03 pm

GBPackers47 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
Karsenmitsche wrote:
Will always miss the Bradley Center crowds. Not sure why but our crowds have gone from the best in the league to the worst ever since the move to fiserv. Fans just don’t care to get into it aside from reactionary big plays.

It's truly mind-boggling. BC crowds in 2000-01 were insane.

And I don't buy the whole "Fiserv doesn't hold noise as well'" or "it's all rich people now". Fans literally sit there like **** zombies.

Except after a made 3 and everyone jumps around, screaming for a free t-shirt with a bank sponsorship on it.

I always wonder how this makes the players feel lol. Free t shirt is the loudest the building gets all night.
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,182

Post#192 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Dec 6, 2023 4:06 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:BC was louder because it was a sterile, concrete Sam’s Club warehouse.

Fiserv is designed for concerts. Much more acoustic sound absorption.

Getting Milwaukee fans off their ass to cheer constantly has been a challenge at both buildings.

This. It's been talked about since the building opened. Are there "rich people" who sit on their hands at FiServ? Yes. Were there rich people who sat on their hands at the BC. Absolutely.

Personally, I'm focused on the games (great game last night) rather than being fixated on the crowds game after game after game.

I'm only talking about it after this game because I was called out. And you complain about Novak every single game he announces. So...

Fair enough.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#193 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 4:07 pm

old skool wrote:But more than anything, I don't feel that TV reflects the level of crowd noise. Crowd noise is obviously modulated for broadcast purposes. Ditto for PA system generated noise. Anyone who regularly attends games knows this.

This isn't it either. You can clearly hear the difference even on TV broadcasts between our games and other games. Did you watch the Laker game after our game? Amazing how loud and into the game all those rich people got.

Our crowd is lazy and/or clueless. They just are. This isn't a personal attack at one individual. I don't know why some feel they need to defend it. I don't know how many times over the years I've seen the Bucks go on a big run, causing the opposing team to call a timeout, and as the team is walking back to the bench, the Fiserv crowd is just dead quiet. No ovation. No cheering. It's just not normal. And the players/coaches notice it...big time.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#194 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 4:11 pm

The whole dead crowd thing is just super weird and interesting to me. Especially considering the team (and Giannis) we have had for a handful of years now after all those dark years of sucking/mediocrity. Sorry if it annoys some of you when I bring it up.

But if you don't think the players and coaches (and everyone in the Bucks org) doesn't notice or care, well, they do. And anyone who has played competitive sports knows how the crowd can "pick you up" during a game.

And then there's the fun factor while attending games. I love going to sporting events when the crowd is engaged instead of just sitting silent on their ass. It makes the whole experience more fun for the fans IMO.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#195 » by greekbuck34 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 4:20 pm

We clearly targeted Brunson and Randle btw. They got torched. :lol:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#196 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Dec 6, 2023 4:25 pm

Novak is a public figure, paid by the Bucks to provide quality sports analysis. If we doesn't do that, it makes sense for paying customers to complain in a forum and hope it spreads. Like the Bucks can/should fire Novak and replace him. The Bucks can't replace their fans.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,418

Post#197 » by MiltownHawkeye » Wed Dec 6, 2023 4:30 pm

Shaffty wrote:
Daver wrote:

Not that they're on the same level as playmakers but I think this is one area where Giannis has LeBron beat. I can't think of a lot of role players that really broke out or shot well above their career norms after joining LeBron. When a player like Beasley goes to a LeBron team and plays poorly or gets doghoused it means almost nothing to me. I don't know if guys are just way more tense playing off LeBron or what but Giannis truly empowers his shooters to be shooters.

George Hill is just another example off the top of my head. Before his first Milwaukee stint he was on the LeBron Cavs and considered totally unplayable.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,828

Post#198 » by tedbrogen » Wed Dec 6, 2023 4:45 pm

blazza18 wrote:Our crowds can get loud but I’m not sure if our fan base (that go to games at least) are actually passionate hoop fans.

This. Go watch the end of game four against the Suns (“the building is shaking”). The 90s killed the fan base for a bit as most local kids who liked hoops would have been drawn to Jordan. You have to be almost 50 to have experienced an actual good multi year run of teams for the Bucks until 2019.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,192

Post#199 » by MissKhriddleton » Wed Dec 6, 2023 4:47 pm

The material the towels were made of was not very conducive to waving.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#200 » by Shaffty » Wed Dec 6, 2023 4:47 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:We clearly targeted Brunson and Randle btw. They got torched. :lol:

between this and how well they took mitch rob out of the game, Griffins playoff prep might be elite. We were roasting them on the same pnr play to get open corner 3s all game.

They shot 9/10 on corner 3s last night

Return to Milwaukee Bucks