Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,981

Re: PG: Bucks Ground Rockets 

Post#181 » by HaroldinGMinor » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:51 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Bucksmaniac wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Love Khris but let's not pretend that his handle isn't hilarious. It doesn't always end up in a turnover (although his TO per 36 are trending up the last 3 years). Sometimes he just dribbles into traffic, fumbles around with the ball and eventually regains it, but now there's under 10 seconds on the shot clock. I cringe every time he takes more than 2 dribbles. :lol:

But yeah he's an all-time Bucks great, when Giannis went down in the ECF vs. the Hawks, Khris took over. With GIannis inside and Dame behind the arc, Khris' midrange game will be a key to a title run. Number 22 will be in the rafters one day.

This is just it, Game 5 against the Hawks, Brook was our best player. He played as big a part in wrapping that series up in 6 as Khris did. Posters like ShootingtheJ probably only remember Khris, selective memory with Brook stepping up (and Bobby too for that matter).

I'm not sure anyone is saying Khris singlehandedly beat the Hawks. Brook and Bobby were key too. But the recent discussion has been about Khris.

Game 5 against the Suns too. Elite shot making.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,199

Post#182 » by midranger » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:54 pm

Shaffty wrote:
emunney wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:I’m not even factoring in his accomplishments when discussing if he should start or be traded. The player he is right now is good enough for that argument. Now if you’re worried about injuries and think we should trade him for an equal or close return I don’t blame you, hell I could even get behind that if it’s something realistic.

But I can’t take anyone serious saying he should be replaced in the starting lineup, or he’s overpaid or something. And I’m damn sure not dumping him for lesser players.

I think it's functionally impossible to trade him at this point. Would have been hard before, but with Jrue already out, unless it's like another Dame-level guy coming back, you just can't do it. It'd have to be a trade that makes absolutely no sense from the other side.

The speculative ideas I specialize in are 100% off the table, if they were ever on it. We're just going to have to find another way to get Jarace Walker.

There are zero players better then Khris that you can trade khris for

Yup. I honestly believe this to be true. Adding Marjon and the Portland pick won’t change the calculus here. Just keep the good player who fits needs really well.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#183 » by Jez2983 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:51 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:If you yell "that guy sucks!" long enough eventually you'll be right. That's no reason to spike an imaginary football when it happens.

It's the same level of thinking about setting season expectations: there's a lot who will whinge and moan about regular season play and subconsciously set the expectation of championship or bust. So basically, the prediction of failure will manifest.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#184 » by Jez2983 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:54 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:I keep trying to imagine Khris dribbling, creating separation, and getting his shot off against JT, JB, Jrue, and Derrick White every other night in a 6-7 game series vs. Boston after his body somehow makes it through the regular season and I think it's going to be a very sad moment of realization for this board. Once that intensity is kicked up a notch, the steps that he's lost are going to be glaringly obvious.

Definitely an all time Buck and a great career.

Do you also imagine his defender sticking to him like glue, creating more space around Lillard and Giannis than they are used to in the playoffs?

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
JonHeist
Junior
And1: 615

Post#185 » by JonHeist » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:25 am

this board when we're not winning 75%+ of our games:

fire the coach right now!!!

this board when we are winning 75%+ of our games:

is khris middleton actually good????????
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,511

Post#186 » by old skool » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:40 am

I don't think the Bucks should hesitate to trade Middleton if they 100% for certain would get a better wing in return.

You know, a proven clutch playoff performer who averaged better than 24/6/6 in the playoffs earlier this year against a good defensive team (Miami). Which I would expect would be a very short list of All-Stars and near All-Stars.

Yes, his shakey handle and overall gimpyness this season are concerning. But even though his minutes played per game are down about 25% and he has been deferring to a pair of Top 75 all-time stars, his rebounds and assists averages are slightly higher than his career averages. And for all the angst over losing the ball, his turnover numbers are slightly better than his career average.
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#187 » by Jez2983 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:56 am

old skool wrote:I don't think the Bucks should hesitate to trade Middleton if they 100% for certain would get a better wing in return.

You know, a proven clutch playoff performer who averaged better than 24/6/6 in the playoffs earlier this year against a good defensive team (Miami). Which I would expect would be a very short list of All-Stars and near All-Stars.

Yes, his shakey handle and overall gimpyness this season are concerning. But even though his minutes played per game are down about 25% and he has been deferring to a pair of Top 75 all-time stars, his rebounds and assists averages are slightly higher than his career averages. And for all the angst over losing the ball, his turnover numbers are slightly better than his career average.

Mikal Bridges. But why the hell the Nets would do that...

MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 1,025

Post#188 » by MiltownMadness » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:36 am

It's not even that simple with trading Khris. Even if you get a greater player in return, you have pissed off Giannis to the point that it wouldn't surprise me if he rescinded the loyalty he has to the franchise. You pretty much just can't separate Mid/Giannis while they are both still productive players

I can only imagine how clear Giannis had made it to the FO that Khris will stay a Milwaukee Buck
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,828

Post#189 » by tedbrogen » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:04 am

MickeyDavis wrote:In theory Khris can do all of those things. He has done all of those things. In reality it's all up to his health/knee. A healthy Khris in the playoffs is gold.

He was their best player against the Heat last year on one leg…
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,182

Post#190 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:17 am

That's a low bar.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Bucksmaniac
Analyst
And1: 1,001

Post#191 » by Bucksmaniac » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:32 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:That's a low bar.

Yep, and Brook was in the running for best player in the series as well.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#192 » by DingleJerry » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:40 pm

Don't get me wrong, I generally agree with what's said above and that a logical trade is almost impossible to work out with him, and I've usually been on the Khris support side in the years of trade demands here. But in theory, him/bobby + picks could be put together and get a better/equal but younger player. Its possible they could've swapped him for Jrue in the Dame trade and got the same back. But as said above, the chances of finding that type of deal now is very very low. And bottomline, his shooting has been great all year. As long as he's healthy he's all you want in the playoffs
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,199

Post#193 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:55 pm

The only trade proposal I've seen that even got me remotely interested was Khris for Jerami Grant + stuff, but that would probably mean you'd have to rope in a 3rd team anyways. I don't agree at all that Khris + Bobby and 2nd's is gonna get you a legit upgrade over Khris. That gets you in that "guys who are paid like stars" range but that's also not a "star player" package, so by definition, you're looking at guys who are paid like stars but definitely not, i.e. nuetral to bad contracts. So like what? Zach LaVine? Gordon Hayward? CJ McCollum? Tobes? Klay?

Pass.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks