PG Rockets - Too Little, Too Late

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,192

Re: PG Rockets - Too Little, Too Late 

Post#181 » by MissKhriddleton » Sun Jan 7, 2024 9:28 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:We had a chance to hire a coach who won a championship 5 years ago with arguably the least talented championship roster since I have no idea And instead we chose to hire a guy who has never coached a game in his life. With a championship window of about 2-3 years. Doesn’t matter where Nurse preferred, you give him whatever it takes to get him.

I’m not sure how this wasn’t considered absolutely insane at the time, because most of the board was cool with it, but what a slap in the face to this entire fan base.

Uhhh……what?

Uhhh it was Kawhi and a bunch of role players, albeit some very good role players. Which other finals winning teams are you taking their roster over? Us? Lebron and Kyrie? The Dirk Mavs?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,195

Post#182 » by Ron Swanson » Sun Jan 7, 2024 9:34 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:We had a chance to hire a coach who won a championship 5 years ago with arguably the least talented championship roster since I have no idea And instead we chose to hire a guy who has never coached a game in his life. With a championship window of about 2-3 years. Doesn’t matter where Nurse preferred, you give him whatever it takes to get him.

I’m not sure how this wasn’t considered absolutely insane at the time, because most of the board was cool with it, but what a slap in the face to this entire fan base.

Uhhh……what?

Uhhh it was Kawhi and a bunch of role players, albeit some very good role players. Which other finals winning teams are you taking their roster over? Us? Lebron and Kyrie? The Dirk Mavs?

Dude, it was one of the most stacked championship rosters in recent history. What are you talking about?

Lowry
FVV
Marc Gasol
Siakam
Ibaka
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,032

Post#183 » by Prez » Sun Jan 7, 2024 9:41 pm

Yeah that Raptors squad AFTER Kawhi left went 53-19 (60 win pace over a full season) and was super close to knocking out Boston and making the ECF. Yeah they didn't have another top 10 guy next to Kawhi but the collective talent + coaching was still insane in that title year.

Makes me so jealous. Current Giannis with a 2019 Raptors-level squad around him + Nick Nurse wouldn't lose more than like 2 games in a title run.

But the larger point of Nurse being an amazing coach is still true. I can't believe we let him go to Philly. I'll never get over it lol.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach

Post#184 » by MissKhriddleton » Sun Jan 7, 2024 9:49 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Uhhh……what?

Dude, it was one of the most stacked championship rosters in recent history. What are you talking about?

Lowry
FVV
Marc Gasol
Siakam
Ibaka

Say the other championship teams you’d take them over.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,749

Post#185 » by yannisk » Sun Jan 7, 2024 10:27 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:Uhhh it was Kawhi and a bunch of role players, albeit some very good role players. Which other finals winning teams are you taking their roster over? Us? Lebron and Kyrie? The Dirk Mavs?

Lowry
FVV
Marc Gasol
Siakam
Ibaka

Say the other championship teams you’d take them over.

They have an mvp level player(Leonard), a second all star (Lowry), a former all star (Gasol), a future all star (Siakam)
and most important everybody in the starting 5 was a very good defender

They also had the second best record and 58 wins in the regular season
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach

Post#186 » by MissKhriddleton » Sun Jan 7, 2024 10:40 pm

Say the teams.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,113

Post#187 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Jan 7, 2024 11:38 pm

Giannis never criticized bud and was a big fan of Kidd too if I recall?

Act NOW
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,010

Post#188 » by emunney » Sun Jan 7, 2024 11:49 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:Say the teams.

2020 Lakers and 2022 Warriors.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,195

Post#189 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jan 8, 2024 12:13 am

The teams that had worse rosters than the 2019 Raptors? Name any team in recent history outside of the Steph/KD Warriors and the Heatles.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,611

Post#190 » by aboveAverage » Mon Jan 8, 2024 12:23 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:Giannis never criticized bud and was a big fan of Kidd too if I recall?

Act NOW

I could imagine that the management would like to correct their mistake of hiring Griffin, but are afraid of the backlash of firing a 25-11 coach after just firing a championship coach. It doesn’t look good. We’re in a difficult situation.

If the Bucks were even something like 16-20, he’d be gone this week.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#191 » by DingleJerry » Mon Jan 8, 2024 12:30 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:Giannis never criticized bud and was a big fan of Kidd too if I recall?

Act NOW

Yea I think say 5 days ago most of us were wishful thinking on this being possible and acknowledged how low of a chance firing mid season would be. After these last few games and this Boston one followed up by more tough games, along with that statement from Giannis I now think there is a legit chance if a blowout to Bos at home happens. One would think they are at least discussing contingency plans right now, can't imagine they are stubbornly putting their heads in the sand.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,647

Post#192 » by raferfenix » Mon Jan 8, 2024 12:43 am

If Giannis wants Grief gone no way would optics prevent it.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,743

Post#193 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 1:02 am

A somewhat plausible scenario of Griffin getting the axe would be if our direct rival Boston beat the piss out of the Bucks on primetime. And then Gianni told Horst to get rid of him, which I doubt he would do.

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,113

Post#194 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Jan 8, 2024 1:09 am

raferfenix wrote:If Giannis wants Grief gone no way would optics prevent it.

its this. the lockerroom could come apart if it doesnt happen.

its likely the team is more aware of the ridiculously low level of leadership were operating with as us the fans or of course even the media circus with how weve been. i trust the players are out of their minds over this. its giannis job to make those comments if thats what this is
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#195 » by DingleJerry » Mon Jan 8, 2024 1:16 am

Well respected 30 year NBA coaching vet putting his hands up a few weeks in saying "f this guy I'm out of here" was a huge huge indicator something was up. That type of thing just doesn't happen
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach

Post#196 » by MissKhriddleton » Mon Jan 8, 2024 1:58 am

Ron Swanson wrote:

The teams that had worse rosters than the 2019 Raptors? Name any team in recent history outside of the Steph/KD Warriors and the Heatles.

Well if this is true then the fact that they should have lost to us and needed a miracle shot to beat Philly means that Nurse is actually a bad coach.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#197 » by Neuromancer56 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 2:33 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
BigO wrote: He is much more open to interaction with his coaches and players than Bud, but doesn't know what buttons to push. If Griffin was a prima donna, I'd feel differently.

To Mark Pope’s point, how many top assistants did Bud can? They usually went on to head coaching jobs.

Griff dumped Stotts in training camp. During a time when Stotts was working with Giannis and Dame on things.

Stotts quit. Griff did not dump him.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#198 » by Neuromancer56 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 2:37 am

The equipment manager is washing Griff's shorts so poorly, that Griff is starting to itch so bad he can't think straight. This talk about Griff or our defense being at fault is pure nonsense.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,761

Post#199 » by msiris » Mon Jan 8, 2024 2:42 am

crowhead76 wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=20[/x]
Talk is cheap.
Ride the tank
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,418

Post#200 » by MiltownHawkeye » Mon Jan 8, 2024 3:24 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:

Well if this is true then the fact that they should have lost to us and needed a miracle shot to beat Philly means that Nurse is actually a bad coach.

This is so wack lol
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak

Return to Milwaukee Bucks