ImageImage

Trade Rumor?? Redd, CV, 1st for TMac+Bonzi

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#181 » by Induveca » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:56 pm

ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That was the point of having Tmac wasn't it?

Not at all.........T-Mac is a slasher, with range. Redd is a pure shooter. T-Mac is an amazing player, but there isn't as much room to operate with a 7'6" monster patrolling the paint in Houston. Houston was obviously hoping for a Shaq/Kobe combo but it just isn't working. Yao isn't mobile enough.

One nice thing this does for Milwaukee as well is get you a bit more exposure in the media. Milwaukee is a complete afterthought, and very boring to watch. Putting T-Mac on your team at least guarantees you more regular highlights.

Will he make your team a lot better? Not necessarily, but he'll certainly cause more trouble defensively for opposing teams. He'll also give you more of a "go to guy". He's a much better #1 option than Redd. Houston just happens to be one of the VERY few teams in the league where T-Mac SHOULD NOT be the #1 option, and I think that's causing some of the problems there.

Redd is an obvious #2, trying to be a #1........and a perfect fit for Houston. I hope the trade happens, I think it's good for both teams.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#182 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:00 pm

Induveca wrote:Redd is a pure shooter.

Here's where I stopped reading. Where did everybody else?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#183 » by Chapter29 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:41 pm

Why has this trade not happened yet?

Of course without the pick. :wink:
Giannis
is
UponUs
thakfu
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#184 » by thakfu » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:00 am

As long as it's top 10 protected, which I heard was the rumor, I dont see why we dont do it. Im a lifelong Redd fan (that thread about me getting a jersey wasnt a complete joke... =) ) but if we can get 2 starters for him, one being an improvement, why dont you make this deal?

I dont see why we are squabbling over this pick if it's protected. If we continue to suck with T-Mac we still have a top 9 pick. If we borderline miss/make the playoffs we lose out on a 10-16 pick. Solid pick, yes... but I think we have much bigger problems then a player at this slot solves. And if we are better then that, we make the playoffs with a decent seed and maybe take a series (oh wait... TMac, NM) then the next step is adding roleplayers, or vets (or coach) with playoff experience.

The draft after the top 10 (sometimes even sooner) is a mammoth crap shoot. And one we rarely have had success. You guys remember the 90s right?? If you think this is a good move for us, do you really think that having a 10% or worse chance at catching lightning in a bottle is enough not to pull the trigger?

Now if this is an unprotected pick. Then yes.... no deal. No way.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,412

Post#185 » by rilamann » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:14 am

Odds are the Bucks would be making a bad situation even worse by trading away draft picks at this point.

With that said and knowing how the Milwaukee Bucks run things look for the Bucks to trade away all their drafts picks for the next 5 years. :lol:

Seriously though draft picks are (or should be) pure gold to the Milwaukee Bucks right now.Draft picks is what this team needs and lots of them,so trading them away would be beyond foolish.

But we are dealing with the Milwaukee Bucks so get ready to bang your head agianst the wall.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Induveca
Head Coach

Post#186 » by Induveca » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:17 am

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Here's where I stopped reading. Where did everybody else?

So Redd isn't considered one of the purest shooters in the league.......ok.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#187 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:28 am

Induveca wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So Redd isn't considered one of the purest shooters in the league.......ok.

Induveca wrote:T-Mac is a slasher, with range. Redd is a pure shooter.

That was your quote. A pure shooter means he just sits outside and rains jumpers all day.

However look at free throw attempts per game the past 3 years.

T-Mac:

Redd:

Clearly Redd is only a shooter though. :roll:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#188 » by Chapter29 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:42 am

I don't agree with that.

I think the term pure shooter defines the likes of a Ray Allen. A guy with a perfect often effortless release. A flawless jumper and form. If left alone in a gym they seldom miss.

I would probably consider Redd a pure shooter, but his rushed shot is not quite flawless.

Not a guy who only shoots jumpers. Though they could be one in the same player.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Induveca
Head Coach

Post#189 » by Induveca » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:05 am

Chapter29 wrote:I don't agree with that.

I think the term pure shooter defines the likes of a Ray Allen. A guy with a perfect often effortless release. A flawless jumper and form. If left alone in a gym they seldom miss.

I would probably consider Redd a pure shooter, but his rushed shot is not quite flawless.

Not a guy who only shoots jumpers. Though they could be one in the same player.

Exactly what I meant. I am not foolish enough to categorize Redd alongside Piatkowski or Pat Garrity. I think someone just has their panties bunched up that their favorite player is on the block.

Redd is a pure shooter, T-Mac is not.........but they are both capable of putting the ball on the floor. However the latter plays much more to T-Mac's size, ability and strength.

How's that?
buckybadgerfan
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#190 » by buckybadgerfan » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:14 am

....Redd is a pure shooter, T-Mac is not.........but they are both capable of putting the ball on the floor. However the latter plays much more to T-Mac's size, ability and strength.

How's that?

Uhm.... That is because the latter player you mention was TMac?

Anyway, Houston insists TMac is NOT disgruntled in Texas. I find it hard for them to move TMac considering he is their leading scorer AND assist man. He is their real team leader and creator AND probably the main draw of crowds to the Toyota center.

Equal trade for them is probably something like Kobe straightup or Marion+filler. No way they take Redd + filler. Head pretty much was suppose to be Houston's version of Redd.
buckybadgerfan
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#191 » by buckybadgerfan » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:21 am

No way Rockets trade Bonzi either because he has shown he may be the only player to consistently play/run Adelman's system.

An offguard who can play almost 3 spots (SF/SG and even PG if needed), get you rebounds, postup points, run the wing and make athletic plays (two-handed monster jam over guys) is hard to replace.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#192 » by realfung » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:43 am

If T-Mac is really on the table, I think Redd is a perfect player they want back....

But to me, Redd just worth a little more than T-Mac....call me crazy all you want. But Redd is more solid.....whole T-Mac is more fancy.
GTO
RealGM
And1: 19

Post#193 » by GTO » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:41 pm

This thing might actually have been "on the table" as Vecsey said, but I'm guessing more than 95% of the trades that had been "on the table" at some time never gets consummated.

I wouldn't hold by breath on this one. Also, I'm not so sure what the point of trading for TMac is right now... this team probably needs to think long term and the future. Given TMac's health, I'm not so sure he's the right guy for building for the future.
Who wants to sex Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean Jacque Wamutombo?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks