ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS, RACE OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,064

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS, RACE OR RELIGION] 

Post#1821 » by BUCKnation » Sun Jan 7, 2024 9:58 pm

I hate some of the trendy botox stuff that really exaggerates features but there is a lot of subtle stuff you would never notice. My girlfriend had some botox put in to settle a muscle in her forehead that was causing frequent headaches and its been really effective.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#1822 » by Jez2983 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 10:28 pm

BUCKnation wrote:I hate some of the trendy botox stuff that really exaggerates features but there is a lot of subtle stuff you would never notice. My girlfriend had some botox put in to settle a muscle in her forehead that was causing frequent headaches and its been really effective.

Botox was originally used to help reduce muscle spasticity, such as in kids with cerebral palsy. Certainly can help with other conditions, like you mention.

The most disappointing Botox use that I've seen is 20 olds using it 'preventatively' to stop getting wrinkles in the future. I absolutely hate that it's a thing.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,369

Post#1823 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 8, 2024 2:16 am

Gonna try and become a tea person. Non-caffeinated kind. Anyone have some teas they like? Kinda looking for flavored stuff. Like I bought an apple cinnamon tea at the grocery store but it's fooled me. Smells amazing, tastes like hot water.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,409

Post#1824 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jan 8, 2024 2:18 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Gonna try and become a tea person. Non-caffeinated kind. Anyone have some teas they like? Kinda looking for flavored stuff. Like I bought an apple cinnamon tea at the grocery store but it's fooled me. Smells amazing, tastes like hot water.

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,815

Post#1825 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Jan 8, 2024 2:34 am

Tea is my drink, but I drink caffeinated. If you change your mind on that front let me know.

I'd generally recommend against non-tea stuff like "apple cinnamon". For herbal teas, try chammomile, a mint blend, turmeric, hibiscus. Also, I recommend ponying-up for good stuff and not lipton (for minimal added cost, really).

https://www.harney.com/
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#1826 » by jute2003 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 2:39 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Gonna try and become a tea person. Non-caffeinated kind. Anyone have some teas they like? Kinda looking for flavored stuff. Like I bought an apple cinnamon tea at the grocery store but it's fooled me. Smells amazing, tastes like hot water.
Tea is a big world once you see the inside of a real tea shop. I'm not a big tea drinker but I know I prefer black teas and am a horrible tea person since I steep it in milk.

https://www.telsaan.com/

This shop is located by me but does ship. I'm sure if you sent them an email and asked for recs, she'd be happy to help.
only a fan, only an opinion
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1827 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 8, 2024 2:40 am

jute2003 wrote:
Tea is a big world once you see the inside of a real tea shop. I'm not a big tea drinker but I know I prefer black teas and am a horrible tea person since I steep it in milk.

https://www.telsaan.com/

This shop is located by me but does ship. I'm sure if you sent them an email and asked for recs, she'd be happy to help.

Thanks!
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#1828 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jan 8, 2024 11:20 pm

Buddy I got bad news for ya, they all taste like that :)

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,165

Post#1829 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jan 9, 2024 12:11 am

Every six months I try a sparkling water thinking the results will be different.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#1830 » by jute2003 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 12:19 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:

Every six months I try a sparkling water thinking the results will be different.
The only kinda sparkly water thing I've found that doesn't suck is bubbl'rs
only a fan, only an opinion
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,053

Post#1831 » by Ryan5UW » Tue Jan 9, 2024 12:29 am

Dude, me too. I’ve tried it before and hated it, but I also used to hate coffee and I like that now. Just got myself a kettle and a couple boxes of stuff. I’m hoping some agave nectar helps me acclimate to the taste of drinking bath water.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,966

Post#1832 » by stellation » Tue Jan 9, 2024 12:29 am

Definitely a plus one for suggestions of trying chamomile as a first port of call if you're interested in non-caffeinated teas. I drink it regularly, and find it legitimately helps with settling my tummy after some over indulgence. I also enjoy lemon and ginger tea- given your love of flavourful foods a good lemon and ginger might be a great option to consider to try with food/just after (I tend to have chamomile about an hour after, but enjoy lemon and ginger straight after).

Also- if you enjoy slightly sweet things, I can't recommend enough a big cup of lemon and ginger tea with some good quality honey swirled through it. Great combo of relaxation with just a little kick of energy, very very soothing on the throat. I infrequently add honey, but it's a great combo/pick me up- if I'm having the tea with food/straight after food I don't, but if on its own I might add a swirl of just a dunked in/out teaspoon (literally in/out of the jar and go with whatever sticks).

There's also decaf teas to consider, I've tried both a decaf Earl Grey and a Russian Caravan (the latter/Lapsang Souchong is my go to caffeinated tea) that I honestly would not have guessed were any different. I've not looked a lot into them to understand if the decaf process messes with them much, my basic understanding is antioxidants are still there but in possibly reduced amount.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,165

Post#1833 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jan 9, 2024 4:08 am

BUCKnation wrote:I hate some of the trendy botox stuff that really exaggerates features but there is a lot of subtle stuff you would never notice. My girlfriend had some botox put in to settle a muscle in her forehead that was causing frequent headaches and its been really effective.

I mean I hate anything that is unnatural. Like even going back to high school you would have to compliment the girls hairs because she spent two hours on it when in reality it smelt like burnt hair and has crispy to the touch. Just give me a girl with workout clothes and pony tail that would look equally comfortable going on a run with you or chilling on a couch.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,335

Post#1834 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jan 9, 2024 4:13 am

I enjoy the Celestial True Blueberry from time to time. Make sure you add a bit of sugar.

But I'm partial to caffeinated black tea with cardamom. Ahmad Tea is my go to brand. With some fresh mint or sage.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1835 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jan 9, 2024 2:54 pm

Love Sohla. Excited to where this new series of 101 cooking goes. Most of the techniques here are well known, but I hadn't considered a saucier before when making my preferred low and slow scrambled eggs. Looks like I have another pan to order.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,311

Post#1836 » by Finn » Tue Jan 9, 2024 3:45 pm

jute2003 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:

The only kinda sparkly water thing I've found that doesn't suck is bubbl'rs

I enjoy Sparkling Ice.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,981

Post#1837 » by jschligs » Tue Jan 9, 2024 3:51 pm

I kinda like Spindrift...but the rest of sparkling waters are meh.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,192

Post#1838 » by MissKhriddleton » Tue Jan 9, 2024 3:57 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

Love Sohla. Excited to where this new series of 101 cooking goes. Most of the techniques here are well known, but I hadn't considered a saucier before when making my preferred low and slow scrambled eggs. Looks like I have another pan to order.

I **** love my low and slow eggs. I go by the motto, if the eggs are starting to cook then the heat is too high. Never tried the constant whisking in the pan, that's interesting.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1839 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jan 9, 2024 4:00 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I **** love my low and slow eggs. I go by the motto, if the eggs are starting to cook then the heat is too high. Never tried the constant whisking in the pan, that's interesting.

I love low and slow eggs too. I'd only been taught the constant whisking technique, and she's right, it does add a lot of time and work. Sometimes 15-20 minutes. I do usually add a little cream cheese near the end, too. But the result is so good it's impossible to go back to the days of quick and easy (and usually dry) scrambled eggs.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,361

Post#1840 » by Mags FTW » Tue Jan 9, 2024 4:08 pm

I've been using the Gordon Ramsay method from his scrambled eggs video for years.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks