ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,817

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#1821 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:54 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I just don't think a guy like Delon Wright provides enough offensive value to make the perimeter-defense-for-offense trade off worth it. DFS is still the most realistic best-case-scenario guy. Just a matter of how much Brooklyn would value a Bobby/Marjon package vs. a 1st round pick from some other playoff contender.

Wright is a playoff career 40% 3 point shooter who can also handle the ball. He'd get a ton of wide open corner 3s playing with our big 3 just like Beasley does, and we wouldn't need to empty another position to get him.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1822 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:57 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Not breaking up Brook for 4 guys who struggle that much to put a basketball through the hoop. Again, even if we need another wing defender or two, it can't be at the expense of knee-capping your offensive spacing around your top guys.

I agree that if we deal Brook, it should be part of getting one stud, like Jeremi Grant, not a bunch of filler.

I disagree with the spacing part though, as teams rarely guard Brook deep.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,650

Post#1823 » by raferfenix » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:57 pm

If the Bucks were considering trading Bobby the Celtics game sure was a showcase.

Conversely it's also a clear example of how much he brings us too.

Warriors looking for a big man who can score makes me think Bobby could fit the bill.

Not sure if Golden State has anyone I want so much though thinking about multi-team deals.
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 261

Post#1824 » by yb90 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:02 pm

bdpecore wrote:I think this team isn’t far from being a legit championship contender. Defensively we just need some additional perimeter defenders. I’d look into trading for Delon Wright and either Dorian Finney-Smith or Royce O’Neale. Trading some combination of Portis, Connaughton, Beauchamp, RoLo, Payne, Green and Future 2nds.

Bucks In: O’Neale and Wright
Bucks Out: Connaughton, Beauchamp, RoLo, Payne, Green, 2 future 2nds

Nets Out: O’Neale
Nets In: Connaughton and Beauchamp

Wizards Out: Wright
Wizards In: Payne, RoLo, Green and 2 future 2nds

PG - Dane, Wright
SG - O’Neale, Beasley
SF - Middleton, AJJ
PF - Giannis, Crowder
C - Lopez, Portis

O'Neale is Brooklyn's Pat Connington so that would be a hard pass. I wouldn't trade Marjon for O'Neale. A player swap to see if a change a scenery can revitalize both players should be enough.

The Wright trade could work and hopefully with just one 2nd rd given him coming off injury.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,617

Post#1825 » by Frank Nova » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:05 pm

Trae Young doesn’t want ATL to rebuild so maybe our bench vets entice them to help get their season back on track? Trade works on fanspo..

Bucks out Portis Pat and Marjon
Hawks out Dejounte and Aj Griffin

Look at the buyout market to snatch up a vet big to replace Bobby and maybe Griff can get his kid going to be useful here in Milwaukee.

Trae and Dejounte didn’t work so I know ppl have used that as reference why Dame and Dejounte wouldn’t either but let’s be honest about it, Trae isn’t even close to the level Dame plays at and Dame isn’t as bad defensively as Trae either when he’s locked in. It’s a chemistry disruptor of a trade but winning solves that.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#1826 » by pifhluk23 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:11 pm

Frank Nova wrote:Trae Young doesn’t want ATL to rebuild so maybe our bench vets entice them to help get their season back on track? Trade works on fanspo..

Look at the buyout market to snatch up a vet big to replace Bobby and maybe Griff can get his kid going to be useful here in Milwaukee.

Trae and Dejounte didn’t work so I know ppl have used that as reference why Dame and Dejounte wouldn’t either but let’s be honest about it, Trae isn’t even close to the level Dame plays at and Dame isn’t as bad defensively as Trae either when he’s locked in. It’s a chemistry disruptor of a trade but winning solves that.

I love the Dejounte idea but that's a low return for him. I don't buy the he didn't work with young so he can't work with dame. He's got a 6"10" wingspan and he led the league in steals 2 or 3 years ago. If we are keeping Griffin he is his type of player and the offense would be unstoppable. Think you need a lot more then that to get it done though.
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 261

Post#1827 » by yb90 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:13 pm

Frank Nova wrote:Trae Young doesn’t want ATL to rebuild so maybe our bench vets entice them to help get their season back on track? Trade works on fanspo..

I actually think they are very close and Trae is probably ahead of Lillard career wise. Plus Trae is a true point but is probably a little worse defensively because he lacks Dame's strength and length.

Also, Dejounte needs the ball in his hands too much unless you can convince Middleton or Dejounte to come off the bench it would be a clunky fit having 4 ball dominate players on the floor. You would need him to be in the Norman Powell role but he is not the shooter Powell despite having a good year this season.
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#1828 » by Frank Nova » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:25 pm

yb90 wrote:

I actually think they are very close and Trae is probably ahead of Lillard career wise. Plus Trae is a true point but is probably a little worse defensively because he lacks Dame's strength and length.

Also, Dejounte needs the ball in his hands too much unless you can convince Middleton or Dejounte to come off the bench it would be a clunky fit having 4 ball dominate players on the floor. You would need him to be in the Norman Powell role but he is not the shooter Powell despite having a good year this season.

You think Trae is better than Dame? I don’t agree with that at all but maybe there are stats that show that? Idk. I’d need some heavy convincing there and I don’t see that at all.

I’m all for moving Middleton to a bench role to be the offensive focus for the 2nd unit and be a closer at the end of close games. I think that role would suit Khris extremely well this season and moving forward with Giannis and Dame as the focal points of the offense. And unless you’re Steph or Klay I think all good offensive players “need the ball”. I don’t see an issue there with Dejounte.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 422

Post#1829 » by smauss » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:26 pm

midranger wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
emunney wrote:Giannis needs to set better screens, not more screens.

Isn't it established that he's screening that way by strategy?

He has been the worst screener I’ve ever seen for a guy his size under three different coaches. Whatever the strategy is, sucks.

:clap:
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#1830 » by Frank Nova » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:29 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:

I love the Dejounte idea but that's a low return for him. I don't buy the he didn't work with young so he can't work with dame. He's got a 6"10" wingspan and he led the league in steals 2 or 3 years ago. If we are keeping Griffin he is his type of player and the offense would be unstoppable. Think you need a lot more then that to get it done though.

Yeah I kinda thought the same that ATL could probably get more in return but I guess that depends on their immediate plans. I think Bobby has more value than this board thinks around the league and Pat could certainly be sold as a good glue guy for a team trying to turn their season around. Beauchamp is meh but still has some upside that might entice a team as a filler. Portlands 2nd could be thrown in too. Not sure how much that moves the needle tho for ATL.

If Trae doesn’t want a rebuild, a team throwing 1sts at ATL might not be so enticing for them unless the plan is to completely blow it up. They could look for immediate on court help and I think we can provide that for the most part with this trade…. Probably wishful thinking on my part but still lol..
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 422

Post#1831 » by smauss » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:29 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Marques has had just about enough of this BS

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Couldn't agree more. Close outs are awful, and we need someone, anyone to move their feet and stay in front of their guy! :banghead:
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1832 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:06 pm

smauss wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Marques has had just about enough of this BS

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Couldn't agree more. Close outs are awful, and we need someone, anyone to move their feet and stay in front of their guy! :banghead:

Seems weird a game after Middleton stayed in front of Tatum.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,005

Post#1833 » by soxperry » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Thats interesting...
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,030

Post#1834 » by emunney » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:15 pm

smauss wrote:
midranger wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
Isn't it established that he's screening that way by strategy?

He has been the worst screener I’ve ever seen for a guy his size under three different coaches. Whatever the strategy is, sucks.

:clap:

This guy! Good to see you back.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,030

Post#1835 » by emunney » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:18 pm

soxperry wrote:
Read on Twitter

Thats interesting...

Yeah, that's a really weird phrasing, also, making it sound like a fallback. Those guys don't grow on trees. Makes me think they're gearing up to trade their kids for Markkanen.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,005

Post#1836 » by soxperry » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:18 pm

emunney wrote:
soxperry wrote:
Read on Twitter

Thats interesting...

Yeah, that's a really weird phrasing, also, making it sound like a fallback. Those guys don't grow on trees. Makes me think they're gearing up to trade their kids for Markkanen.

i was thinking Brook for Wiggins, but yeah that probably makes more sense
glowsticks
Starter
And1: 11

Post#1837 » by glowsticks » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:58 pm

Bucks in: Delon Wright

Wizards in: Cameron Payne, Chris Livingston

Start Delon at the 2 and bring in Beasley off the bench to sub for Dame or Delon.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,407

Post#1838 » by RiotPunch » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:02 pm

glowsticks wrote:Bucks in: Delon Wright

Start Delon at the 2 and bring in Beasley off the bench to sub for Dame or Delon.

As mentioned before, the ESPN Trade Machine has Payne's salary listed incorrectly. Need to add ~$4.7M outgoing here to be legal.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,033

Post#1839 » by Prez » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:15 pm

Aight, which one of you sickos has been watching Blazers basketball this year and can speak on how Thybulle's looked this year and if we have what it'd take to get him?
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,434

Post#1840 » by randy84 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:22 pm

glowsticks wrote:Bucks in: Delon Wright

Salaries aren't even close. If you want to take one of those guys out and add Patty C. then it could work. But why would Washington want to do it?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks