ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Gallo deciding between Bucks and Clippers

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Goodbye RoLo 

Post#1821 » by -Jragon- » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:58 pm

chonestown wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
chonestown wrote:I don't think Gallo is all that helpful?

People that like KM and don't want Gallo on a minimum are interesting because they basically do the same things at the same speed except Gallo is more efficient and can cover 4s / some 5s on D... I'd LOVE if KM could cover 4s

I like to think I'm interesting for other things but thanks I guess also Donatello and Khris Sweat both can cover 4s and 5s in that they are equally ill-equipped to do so.

ETA: Actually, switch that. I want to be the guy known solely for that as my interesting attribute. Gonna be the lead line on my tinder profile. Just in time for Valentine's Day.

If you use Tinder to seek quality then clearly your scouting system is flawed - he's 6'10 and covers 4s just fine in today's nba since we don't have the Oakley types anymore.. if KM was 6'10 I'd have him covering the 4 so we could get quickness in at the 3
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#1822 » by -Jragon- » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:04 pm

I really hope GA matured now and realizes the MVP sht doesn't matter. Shaq would destroy the whole league and they'd find someone else to hype up. He has Dame now which also will work against him since with those 2 we should be the top east seed already. Blame Griff if you want and that's valid.. blame whoever picked Griff boom back on Giannis lol.. stoics concern themselves with what is within control... win.. win playoff games.. get your teammates in line, etc.. not popularity contests.. ignore it
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,529

Post#1823 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:33 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:Windhorst doesn’t have Giannis in his top 5 for mvp right now. Holy ****
If he did, he'd have to talk about him and he ain't gonna be doing that.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,809

Post#1824 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:34 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
chonestown wrote:I don't think Gallo is all that helpful?

People that like KM and don't want Gallo on a minimum are interesting because they basically do the same things at the same speed except Gallo is more efficient and can cover 4s / some 5s on D... I'd LOVE if KM could cover 4s

Gallinari has never averaged even 3 assists per game, so if you think they're similar, then it all makes sense.

You've never actually seen Khris play.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1825 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:37 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:Windhorst doesn’t have Giannis in his top 5 for mvp right now. Holy ****
If he did, he'd have to talk about him and he ain't gonna be doing that.

They're just so mad that Giannis never left Milwaukee, and that is just so weird. It should be celebrated daily by the national media that he'd rather be a Buck than a Laker
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,412

Post#1826 » by rilamann » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:30 am

It's insane the disrespect Giannis gets by the media.

I don't know if anything will top the time JJ Reddick didn't have Giannis in his top 3 when Giannis was fresh off putting up 50 in a championship clinching game.

What topped it off was when Embiid called Reddick out for not having Giannis in his top 3, Reddick's first response was Giannis is in the 2nd tier.

2-time MVP who just scored 50pts in a championship clinching game and walked away with the Finals MVP: 2nd tier among guys currently in the league.

WTF.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,388

Post#1827 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:35 am

Prez wrote:Griffin being a dunce on a level unseen since 2016 Kidd has pretty much killed Giannis’ chances of MVP this season.

Griffin is an excuse for the media. But if that didn't happen, the media would come up with another excuse not to vote for him.

They want a new story. Giannis is 2019-2021.

Sucks, but is what it is.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1828 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:38 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Prez wrote:Griffin being a dunce on a level unseen since 2016 Kidd has pretty much killed Giannis’ chances of MVP this season.

Griffin is an excuse for the media. But if that didn't happen, the media would come up with another excuse not to vote for him.

Agree, but why doesn't Jokic fall under the same rules?
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,412

Post#1829 » by rilamann » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:43 am

Giannis would probably have to put up 40/15 every night, with the Bucks needing to have the best record in the east just for him to get any serious consideration for MVP.

But if Giannis played for the Lakers, he'd probably only have to put up 24/8 and lead the Lakers to the #6 seed to get the same level of consideration.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,627

Post#1830 » by PG Graveyard » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:50 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

I have a few ideas
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,388

Post#1831 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:54 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

He won the title last year. And media narrative now is he’s bullet proof as an all around player. Giannis got slammed with the “wall stops him” stuff.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,147

Post#1832 » by Matches Malone » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:00 am

For the posters who wanted Bazley, he's currently having a nice night so far.

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1833 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:00 am

With Patty C and Bobby now playing good ball again, I have to ask. Did Griffins coaching negligence kill us at the trade deadline?
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1834 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:01 am

Matches Malone wrote:For the posters who wanted Bazley, he's currently having a nice night so far.

Read on Twitter

We could have inside knowledge of Bazley, but when the Herd were awarded his rights, they traded him. Bizarre then and now.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,147

Post#1835 » by Matches Malone » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:36 am

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,392

Post#1836 » by RiotPunch » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:54 am

rilamann wrote:It's insane the disrespect Giannis gets by the media.

I don't know if anything will top the time JJ Reddick didn't have Giannis in his top 3 when Giannis was fresh off putting up 50 in a championship clinching game.

What topped it off was when Embiid called Reddick out for not having Giannis in his top 3, Reddick's first response was Giannis is in the 2nd tier.

2-time MVP who just scored 50pts in a championship clinching game and walked away with the Finals MVP: 2nd tier among guys currently in the league.

WTF.

That was crazy, but he did backtrack.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,939

Post#1837 » by Fotis St » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:55 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:For the posters who wanted Bazley, he's currently having a nice night so far.

Read on Twitter

We could have inside knowledge of Bazley, but when the Herd were awarded his rights, they traded him. Bizarre then and now.

When did we (Herd) had his rights ?
And we let him go ?
I remember scouting him predraft and thinking he is too good to drop to us.
Idc what OKC thinking by releasing him. He is top tier talent and can become the best 6th man on a championship team. He could be like a smaller Robert Horry.

Same thing with Springer, I remember him scouting predraft, too good to fall for us.

Horst man, I could help him a ton if he hired me, he has a good heart and all, its just my eye talent+ experience that can't be taught.
I have played too much basketball and watched too many eras, I have cracked the code, I am making more makes than misses.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#1838 » by pifhluk23 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:03 pm

If Defense mattered Jokic and Luka would be laughed at in the MVP conversation, teams literally hunt them. MVP is such a gd joke, it should be 1.SGA 2.Giannis 3+ everyone else who can't play both sides of the floor. Or if you want to go the definition of Most Valuable to their team then it's 1. Luka probably.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,434

Post#1839 » by randy84 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:46 pm

Giannis isn’t in the MVP convo because he doesn’t shoot 3s. I even heard one of the chuckleheads say on NBA radio that Giannis wasn’t skilled just athletic. People just think he can only dunk.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,627

Post#1840 » by PG Graveyard » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:51 pm

randy84 wrote:Giannis isn’t in the MVP convo because he doesn’t shoot 3s. I even heard one of the chuckleheads say on NBA radio that Giannis wasn’t skilled just athletic. People just think he can only dunk.

What’s funny is these nerds who never played act like doing a euro step through a crowd is easy while firing up contested junk is somehow skilled.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks