ImageImage

Wisconsin Badgers Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,188
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: Wisconsin Badgers Thread 

Post#1941 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Jan 8, 2024 3:32 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:It's another fun year, maybe two in a row if Storr stays next year...just going to try to enjoy this before everyone wants to burn the KC down somewhere in the range of March 17 or whatever.

I promise it's ok for you to let yourself have fun and not worry about other posters, and it always has been :)

Haha...it's not really other posters, it's just annoying how it always has to end. Though I hope they revert to the bounces of 5+ years ago and get to the 2nd weekend.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#1942 » by jute2003 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 3:53 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Maybe Storr hits another gear as the season goes along or he doesn't have a desire to play another year in college no matter what, but to me he seems like a perfect candidate to get a boatload of NIL money and come back for one more year.
I've seen other people say he is going pro. I dont see it though. He isn't a good enough anything.
only a fan, only an opinion
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,767

Post#1943 » by chonestown » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:10 pm

jute2003 wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:Maybe Storr hits another gear as the season goes along or he doesn't have a desire to play another year in college no matter what, but to me he seems like a perfect candidate to get a boatload of NIL money and come back for one more year.
I've seen other people say he is going pro. I dont see it though. He isn't a good enough anything.

Still looks raw to me. Maybe he goes on a tear, but it's different from Johnny's blow-up when JD was the entire team. Too much balance for Storr to go nuclear for weeks at a time. I love him, but I don't see his game translating well to the pros atm. Shaky defense, loose handle with a tweener build.

He's going to have polish up what he has. I don't think he's an all world athlete. Dude can sky but is not an immediate leaper.

I'd rate Johnny a much more attractive draft candidate at a similar stage and that went <gestures wildly>
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#1944 » by DingleJerry » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:16 pm

I never even considered Storr NBA draft material so far. Never even crossed my mind. I would guess any chatter like that is from twitter UW jabronis who don't really watch much nba. As of now, no way he gets drafted. He has the general size of an nba 3D wing type but while a great athlete for what UW is used to he's just avg for NBA if not a tick below. Not a terrible shooter and form generally is ok (while some awkward 'set shot' type feel to it) but also not a good one right now either where you expect an easy transition to 2 ft longer 3s.

Go pro with the plan to bounce on 2 ways, G league, or just play for money in Europe, sure ok. But with NIL now I'm not sure why someone would do that anymore. Has to be way more fun playing in fully arenas with good environment on national tv and still get paid.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,806

Post#1945 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:22 pm

Johnny sucks as a pro (and I unfortunately thought he would) because he can't shoot, and you absolutely cannot be a good SG in today's NBA that can't shoot. It just isn't happening.

I'm not sure Storr is much better there, but I would suggest that his shooting from his Freshman season at STJ is encouraging. Ultimately he hasn't carried it into this year, though, and he's basically been hot or cold. He needs to improve there, because scoring is the only thing he has going for him. And he could be a great one if he did have better consistency, but there's average defense, zero rebounding or passing.

I think if he stays and can get consistency and work up to the upper-30s from deep and show some range, he could be seen as a sparkplug bench scorer. But I can't imagine that'll be the eval after this season.
wapith
Junior
And1: 164

Post#1946 » by wapith » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:26 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Johnny sucks as a pro (and I unfortunately thought he would) because he can't shoot, and you absolutely cannot be a good SG in today's NBA that can't shoot. It just isn't happening.

I'm not sure Storr is much better there, but I would suggest that his shooting from his Freshman season at STJ is encouraging. Ultimately he hasn't carried it into this year, though, and he's basically been hot or cold. He needs to improve there, because scoring is the only thing he has going for him. And he could be a great one if he did have better consistency, but there's average defense, zero rebounding or passing.

I think if he stays and can get consistency and work up to the upper-30s from deep and show some range, he could be seen as a sparkplug bench scorer. But I can't imagine that'll be the eval after this season.

Really highlights the ineptness of some NBA franchises. I could see plain as day that Davis' skills (shooting) wouldn't translate to the NBA well. And still a team takes him in the friggin lottery.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#1947 » by DingleJerry » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:08 pm

Purdue goes down again last night. 2 losses already for them all of a sudden makes this a possibility for someone other than them to win the B1G now. Going into the year most would've said everyone else is playing for 2nd place, its at least open now. Especially for UW with this chunk of very winnable games before having to face Purdue. We'll see how it goes tonight, should be a close one
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#1948 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:09 am

Sounds like Crowl is iffy to play tonight. Probably the player we can least afford to lose given the available replacements.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,199

Post#1949 » by midranger » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:51 am

Griff has taken over the Badgers defense
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,977

Post#1950 » by jschligs » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:01 am

Badgers need to calm down and run their offense.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,977

Post#1951 » by jschligs » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:15 am

Klesmit has blown by all my expectations. I didn't love him initially when he came, boy was I wrong.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,400

Post#1952 » by RiotPunch » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:16 am

KLESMIT KLUTCH
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,334

Post#1953 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:16 am

Max Freakin Klesmit.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1954 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:16 am

Have to watch on mute rn. Do we have an idea what the ref said to Klesmit? Was it about celebration or something he said?
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1955 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:21 am

When Klesmit is in the zone it's really something else. Think the third time this year? Turns into the Neenah White Mamba.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#1956 » by RiotPunch » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:21 am

:onfire:
#FreeChuckDiesel
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#1957 » by RiotPunch » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:23 am

These refs **** suck.
#FreeChuckDiesel
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#1958 » by DingleJerry » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:27 am

MikeIsGood wrote:Have to watch on mute rn. Do we have an idea what the ref said to Klesmit? Was it about celebration or something he said?

Couldn't tell. I assumed it was about that ref blatantly missing the out of bounds call on the other end where it went off the OSU leg not his.

Who would've thought they'd be sitting in this spot after the Providence game. Impressive turnaround. Another tough one Sat morning vs NW (who surprisingly seems like a contender too). Get that W to start out 5-0 and have to really start thinking the championship is a real shot, only to unfortunately further delay the firing of Gard.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,334

Post#1959 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:29 am

Very impressive win. I thought they might let it get away with nine minutes left.

They're perimeter heavy but that wins in March. Exciting team.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,199

Post#1960 » by midranger » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:32 am

KLESMANIA was a blast to watch.

Refs tried hard, but we closed like professionals.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks