ImageImage

Game 56: Bucks at Griz - 2/15/24 - 7:30 - TNT

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,529

Re: Game 56: Bucks at Griz - 2/15/24 - 7:30 - TNT 

Post#21 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:00 pm

jschligs wrote:When we win by 20 the PG thread will be 3 pages long.
It's been an interesting season, not an exciting one. I'm not sure how many pages a win warrants, but post game I generally say "good job" or "bad job" and that's that.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,529

Post#22 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:02 pm

I don't think there's a bigger letdown available this season than losing to Miami the way we did, predictable as it was.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,767

Post#23 » by chonestown » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:44 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:I don't think there's a bigger letdown available this season than losing to Miami the way we did, predictable as it was.

Maybe a case of recency bias, but no doubt it was bad. Sometimes you just have to account for the 2-time reigning MVP having a night, simple as that. The Cleveland massacre takes it for me.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,020

Post#24 » by sidney lanier » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:59 pm

chonestown wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:I don't think there's a bigger letdown available this season than losing to Miami the way we did, predictable as it was.

Maybe a case of recency bias, but no doubt it was bad. Sometimes you just have to account for the 2-time reigning MVP having a night, simple as that. The Cleveland massacre takes it for me.

For me it was the loss to the Pacers in the in-season tourney. I was at that game in Vegas, and it was a disorienting dystopian zombie of an NBA game with no home crowd and people yelling things like "c'mon Yellow team." And we sucked. And Haliburton's a punk.

On the other hand, these random winter losses like the Miami loss don't get me. True, they serve to validate the disgusting East Coast bias. "Milwaukee's not beating Boston," says Frank Isola on Sirius NBA Radio just now, and he says it like it's fact. Bucks are 6/1 to win the title, warts and all, because money talks and East Coast bias walks. Those odds will certainly go down if the team progresses as we expect it to under Doc.

Get Khris back healthy and maintain good health across the board, and the Bucks will be formidable come playoff time.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,005

Post#25 » by emunney » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:12 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
chonestown wrote:

For me it was the loss to the Pacers in the in-season tourney. I was at that game in Vegas, and it was a disorienting dystopian zombie of an NBA game with no home crowd and people yelling things like "c'mon Yellow team." And we sucked. And Haliburton's a punk.

On the other hand, these random winter losses like the Miami loss don't get me. True, they serve to validate the disgusting East Coast bias. "Milwaukee's not beating Boston," says Frank Isola on Sirius NBA Radio just now, and he says it like it's fact. Bucks are 6/1 to win the title, warts and all, because money talks and East Coast bias walks. Those odds will certainly go down if the team progresses as we expect it to under Doc.

Get Khris back healthy and maintain good health across the board, and the Bucks will be formidable come playoff time.

I still don't think everybody has internalized how much parity there is in the league now. Even Charlotte's won 3 in a row since we made them look like they'd struggle to get a call to the NIT.

The reality is, we talk about how x team is scary, y team is a bad matchup, z team is a juggernaut with whom we can't possibly compete, but series these days turn more than anything else on who makes their jumpshots. If you play reasonable defense and make a **** of shots, you're very likely to win. That's why getting Dame was so important, and why his poor shooting thus far is so consternating, but an important thing to keep in mind is he has a baked-in baseline impact because of a well-earned reputation: teams are going to defend Dame like he's going to make his shots whether he is or not. If people on this board don't expect Dame to break out of his slump, they're at odds with everybody in the NBA.

I've seen enough at this point to feel like if we fight over screens, talk, and run hard in transition, our defense will be fine. If we don't make shots, we're vulnerable against anyone. If we make shots, we'll be right there. Just get healthy and stay together.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#26 » by pifhluk23 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:53 pm

When 75% of the league is just playing for a paycheck any regular season game can be won/lost.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#27 » by Profound23 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:00 pm

chonestown wrote:

My top 5 in no order:
1.) Blazers 01/31, really wanted Dame to get a win back home and start a nice streak. No reason that team should have been close.
2.) Bulls in OT 11/30, we should have put that game away a long time before OT.
3.) Rockets 01/06, scrub team we should have dominated
4.) Heat loss two nights ago
5.) The last three Pacers losses. Just because they really showed how old and slow this team is. We are more talented than that team, but they beat us 4 times this year because of hustle and abusing how slow we are on defense.

I get that in the regular season teams will lose to inferior teams, but eventually when it happens enough you have to stop it and we just keep losing to inferior teams. People can make comments and jokes like "well, after a while you have to just admit the Bucks are the inferior team." Not buying it, we have faults but we aren't inferior to anyone.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,767

Post#28 » by chonestown » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:11 pm

The fkin Bulls game!
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,778

Post#29 » by jimmybones » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:31 pm

emunney wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:
chonestown wrote:

I still don't think everybody has internalized how much parity there is in the league now. Even Charlotte's won 3 in a row since we made them look like they'd struggle to get a call to the NIT.

The reality is, we talk about how x team is scary, y team is a bad matchup, z team is a juggernaut with whom we can't possibly compete, but series these days turn more than anything else on who makes their jumpshots. If you play reasonable defense and make a **** of shots, you're very likely to win. That's why getting Dame was so important, and why his poor shooting thus far is so consternating, but an important thing to keep in mind is he has a baked-in baseline impact because of a well-earned reputation: teams are going to defend Dame like he's going to make his shots whether he is or not. If people on this board don't expect Dame to break out of his slump, they're at odds with everybody in the NBA.

I've seen enough at this point to feel like if we fight over screens, talk, and run hard in transition, our defense will be fine. If we don't make shots, we're vulnerable against anyone. If we make shots, we'll be right there. Just get healthy and stay together.

Thank you sid and e for these level, rational, non emotional takes on the current state of things. I can be a bit prisoner of the moment and lose the forest in the trees, thanks for zooming me out to see the entire forest (sincerely).
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,761

Post#30 » by msiris » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:41 pm

emunney wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:
chonestown wrote:

Bingo. Teams are catching up as we get older.
Ride the tank
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,005

Post#31 » by emunney » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:56 pm

Profound23 wrote:
chonestown wrote:

My top 5 in no order:
1.) Blazers 01/31, really wanted Dame to get a win back home and start a nice streak. No reason that team should have been close.
2.) Bulls in OT 11/30, we should have put that game away a long time before OT.
3.) Rockets 01/06, scrub team we should have dominated
4.) Heat loss two nights ago
5.) The last three Pacers losses. Just because they really showed how old and slow this team is. We are more talented than that team, but they beat us 4 times this year because of hustle and abusing how slow we are on defense.

I get that in the regular season teams will lose to inferior teams, but eventually when it happens enough you have to stop it and we just keep losing to inferior teams. People can make comments and jokes like "well, after a while you have to just admit the Bucks are the inferior team." Not buying it, we have faults but we aren't inferior to anyone.

There are just very, very few teams/seasons you could not do this with. There are zero teams this year you couldn't do this with.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,919

Post#32 » by Dick Tate » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:59 pm

It was less of a letdown than Philly ending the Cavs win streak then two nights later losing to that dreaded Heat team playing SEGABABA(?).
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,194

Post#33 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:19 pm

Giannis downgraded to questionable.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#34 » by Profound23 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:45 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Giannis downgraded to questionable.

What time is it? ----------- time!
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,139

Post#35 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:52 pm

Fine with sitting Giannis. But then sit him Sunday too.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#36 » by Profound23 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:59 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Fine with sitting Giannis. But then sit him Sunday too.

Call me anxious, which I always am, but I worry about someone getting hurt on that new court. LED court just sounds like it's going to be slippery and someone is going to get seriously hurt. I know they said they are adding different aspects to make it so players don't slip and it will have better grip, but still. Hope I'm wrong but something about playing on a glass surface does not sound smart.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,145

Post#37 » by Matches Malone » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:15 am

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,316

Post#38 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:04 am

I refuse to believe there isn't some way around LP's blackout rules, whether it's at the hardware or software level. I'm gonna find it out.
drdrG
Bench Warmer
And1: 833

Post#39 » by drdrG » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:36 am

3:1 odds that they switch to a different game during the 3rd quarter.

Happy it's Greg Anthony. I enjoy listening to him much more than Reggie Miller or Doris
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,766

Post#40 » by JayMKE » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:36 am

Oof no excuse not stomping this Griz line up
FREE GIANNIS

Return to Milwaukee Bucks