ImageImage

Game 57: Bucks at Wolves - 2/23/24 - 9:00 - ESPN/BSWI/OTA Wisconsin

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,755

Re: Game 57: Bucks at Wolves - 2/23/24 - 9:00 - ESPN/BSWI/OTA Wisconsin 

Post#21 » by msiris » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:11 am

Been living here for 25 years and this is the 1st Bucks game on ota by a local station. I had to look twice.
Ride the tank
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,128

Post#22 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:37 am

msiris wrote:Been living here for 25 years and this is the 1st Bucks game on ota by a local station. I had to look twice.

The Suns started doing this last season. Games on local TV plus their own streaming service. Looks like the Bucks are testing things out for when their Bally's deal is over (I think after this season but not positive).
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#23 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:14 am

msiris wrote:Been living here for 25 years and this is the 1st Bucks game on ota by a local station. I had to look twice.

They used to be on WCGV
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,023

Post#24 » by Plossum » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:05 am

Midds is like the anti-Wolverine with how quickly he heals.
#LockUpChuck
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,639

Post#25 » by Gianstoppable » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:09 am

Plossum wrote:Midds is like the anti-Wolverine with how quickly he heals.

Slowverine
#FreeChuckDiesel
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#26 » by fan230 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:20 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
Profound23 wrote:This is going to be on CBS in Milwaukee....really weird

We got this!

Same company owns 41 and 58. The other 9 games will be on 41 but not 58.

Ch 58 cbs is on Channel 5 in Spectrum. Would anyone know ch 41 is on which Spectrum channel?

Thanks!
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,261

Post#27 » by Sigra » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:43 am

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,128

Post#28 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:46 am

fan230 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
Profound23 wrote:This is going to be on CBS in Milwaukee....really weird

We got this!

Same company owns 41 and 58. The other 9 games will be on 41 but not 58.

Ch 58 cbs is on Channel 5 in Spectrum. Would anyone know ch 41 is on which Spectrum channel?

Thanks!

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,988

Post#29 » by Badgerlander » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:49 am

Danilo Gallinari practices for first time with Bucks

The team welcomed in their newest addition, too, in 35-year-old forward Danilo Gallinari. He was officially signed late Wednesday night and practiced with the team on Thursday.

“The way that I play, I’m a very versatile type of player so I can play in any system, with any player, so looking at the bigs that we got I think that I fit. That was one of the reasons why I chose this team is because I think that I can fit in very well. Very excited.”

Gallinari, who was waived by Detroit on Feb. 8, entertained offers from other contenders but settled on the Bucks due to his relationship with Rivers. Gallinari played 89 games for Rivers with the Los Angeles Clippers from 2017-19, averaging 18.7 points per game while shooting 40.8% from behind the three-point line.

“I’ve worked with a lot of people that are working in this franchise and I believe in the stuff that we can do with this team,” Gallinari said. “Of course, after talking with Doc – I worked with Doc for two years in L.A. so I know him very well – so I really believe in this group.”

But after a solid season in Oklahoma City in 2019-20 (18.7 points per game, 40.5% three-point shooting), Gallinari has played 149 of a possible 286 games over the last four years. He missed the entire 2022-23 season after tearing his left anterior cruciate ligament, which was the second time he ruptured that ACL (2013-14).

In 32 games in Washington and Detroit this season, Gallinari played 15 minutes per game. He is hoping for a more expansive role with the Bucks over the final 26 games of the regular season. Rivers said he has not spoken to Gallinari yet about his minutes, and for his part the veteran forward said he’s not concerned with what those could be.

“I mean, I definitely could’ve played more than those minutes but here I’m just here to help, whatever needs to be done on the court,” Gallinari said. “I don’t care about playing every night, not playing one night, play the other night, I’m here to help. So whatever needs to be done I’m here to do and help. I’m not looking for guaranteed minutes or this kind of stuff. I’m just here to help.”

In 48 career playoff games he’s shot 34.1% from behind the three-point line. He was a member of the 2021 Atlanta Hawks, which lost to the Bucks in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Gallinari has battled a variety of injuries throughout the 14 seasons he has played, but he is a career 38.2% three-point shooter and has averaged 15.2 points per game. The Bucks are his eighth team. He is not considered a strong defender at this stage in his career, but the Bucks hope his shooting and passing can help open more offensive options in the halfcourt.

“He was great, it was an easy of a fit as you could have,” Rivers said. “With the second group with Bobby (Portis) and him it’s a five and a four, that’s pretty good. Pretty big, great shooting, knows how to play, so he’s going to be a really good fit for us.”

Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#30 » by pifhluk23 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:45 pm

Badgerlander wrote:

The team welcomed in their newest addition, too, in 35-year-old forward Danilo Gallinari. He was officially signed late Wednesday night and practiced with the team on Thursday.

“The way that I play, I’m a very versatile type of player so I can play in any system, with any player, so looking at the bigs that we got I think that I fit. That was one of the reasons why I chose this team is because I think that I can fit in very well. Very excited.”

Gallinari, who was waived by Detroit on Feb. 8, entertained offers from other contenders but settled on the Bucks due to his relationship with Rivers. Gallinari played 89 games for Rivers with the Los Angeles Clippers from 2017-19, averaging 18.7 points per game while shooting 40.8% from behind the three-point line.

“I’ve worked with a lot of people that are working in this franchise and I believe in the stuff that we can do with this team,” Gallinari said. “Of course, after talking with Doc – I worked with Doc for two years in L.A. so I know him very well – so I really believe in this group.”

But after a solid season in Oklahoma City in 2019-20 (18.7 points per game, 40.5% three-point shooting), Gallinari has played 149 of a possible 286 games over the last four years. He missed the entire 2022-23 season after tearing his left anterior cruciate ligament, which was the second time he ruptured that ACL (2013-14).

In 32 games in Washington and Detroit this season, Gallinari played 15 minutes per game. He is hoping for a more expansive role with the Bucks over the final 26 games of the regular season. Rivers said he has not spoken to Gallinari yet about his minutes, and for his part the veteran forward said he’s not concerned with what those could be.

“I mean, I definitely could’ve played more than those minutes but here I’m just here to help, whatever needs to be done on the court,” Gallinari said. “I don’t care about playing every night, not playing one night, play the other night, I’m here to help. So whatever needs to be done I’m here to do and help. I’m not looking for guaranteed minutes or this kind of stuff. I’m just here to help.”

In 48 career playoff games he’s shot 34.1% from behind the three-point line. He was a member of the 2021 Atlanta Hawks, which lost to the Bucks in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Gallinari has battled a variety of injuries throughout the 14 seasons he has played, but he is a career 38.2% three-point shooter and has averaged 15.2 points per game. The Bucks are his eighth team. He is not considered a strong defender at this stage in his career, but the Bucks hope his shooting and passing can help open more offensive options in the halfcourt.

“He was great, it was an easy of a fit as you could have,” Rivers said. “With the second group with Bobby (Portis) and him it’s a five and a four, that’s pretty good. Pretty big, great shooting, knows how to play, so he’s going to be a really good fit for us.”

He played 15mpg on the worst teams in the league and he is hoping for a more expansive role here?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,253

Post#31 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:59 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:

He played 15mpg on the worst teams in the league and he is hoping for a more expansive role here?

Seems as though, reading what he said, not really.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#32 » by Badgerlander » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:01 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
Spoiler:
Badgerlander wrote:

Why would tanking teams give a 35 year old minutes over their young guys that they want to develop? Are you saying that you wouldn’t give Gallo minutes over Pat? With no Middleton he should be getting 20+ mpg

Spoiler:

engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,884

Post#33 » by engelmartin » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:04 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:
Spoiler:
Badgerlander wrote:

Why would tanking teams give a 35 year old minutes over their young guys that they want to develop? Are you saying that you wouldn’t give Gallo minutes over Pat? With no Middleton he should be getting 20+ mpg

Pat really isn’t an NBA player any more, there’s no doubt Gallo is better.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#34 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:01 pm

engelmartin wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:
Spoiler:

Pat really isn’t an NBA player any more, there’s no doubt Gallo is better.

Sounds like Pat/Gallo/Bobby though reading Doc's comment on the latter two being complimentary 4/5.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,172

Post#35 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:05 pm

Excited to see how the Bev/Green/Pat/Crowder/Gallo bench lineups look. Terrified at the thought of all the Gallo/Bobby frontcourt lineups, which Doc seems to be indicating are gonna be a thing....
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#36 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:07 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:

Slowverine

At least our staff isn't throwing numbing agents on it & pulling out all stops to throw him to the Wolves. Like Pat Bev described the way Philly did Joel.

Bucks staff from the outside seems very preventative based. Giannis had to supercede them in instances like 2021 Finals & demand to play.

Ron Swanson wrote:Excited to see how the Bev/Green/Pat/Crowder/Gallo bench lineups look. Terrified at the thought of all the Gallo/Bobby frontcourt lineups, which Doc seems to be indicating are gonna be a thing....

Pretty sure playing those two together gets lit the f up. But Maybe Bev can get BP playing right. That's the best outcome. Bev telling Bobby how it is & he responds with improvement.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
otmshank1
Junior
And1: 416

Post#37 » by otmshank1 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:09 pm

Does anyone know if the Green Bay CBS will be airing the game or just Milwaukee? Go figure I keep Bally's and still get screwed lol
I'm sober enough to know what I'm doing, and drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,216

Post#38 » by BigO » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:12 pm

I like the Gali signing, but the key to any championship hopes is Middleton. A healthy and productive Middleton means the Bucks have a good shot at winning. No Middleton and there is no chance at all.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#39 » by Badgerlander » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:15 pm

otmshank1 wrote:Does anyone know if the Green Bay CBS will be airing the game or just Milwaukee? Go figure I keep Bally's and still get screwed lol

“We are thrilled to offer the Bucks fans in Green Bay, Eau Claire, La Crosse, Wausau, and nearby areas the chance to watch these ten games for free. This is a fantastic opportunity for Gray stations WBAY/WBAY 365 in Green Bay, WYOW/WSAW in Wausau, and WEAU/WECX in Eau Claire-La Crosse to provide complete access to these Bucks games, regardless of how you watch TV,” said Matt Moran, senior managing vice president for Gray Television.

Spoiler:

chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,765

Post#40 » by chonestown » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:28 pm

engelmartin wrote: Pat really isn’t an NBA player any more, there’s no doubt Gallo is better.

Triggered
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB

Return to Milwaukee Bucks