ImageImage

PG Sixers: Who needs a Nurse when you’ve got a Doc

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

bbbarnett47
Junior
And1: 136

Re: PG Sixers: Who needs a Nurse when you’ve got a Doc 

Post#21 » by bbbarnett47 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:32 pm

Daver wrote:JFC i know the hate for beas on this site has been pretty high( mostly by 3 posters) by fu.. christ he has found he stroke again if he didnt price himself out of the bucks range he is doing it now 6-8 from 3 nice +28

The guy gets WAY too much hate. Is he a great defender? Of course not - but it’s not from a lack of effort. The dude hustles his ass off and his only defensive fault is that he’s truly only 6’3”.
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#22 » by Chad34 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:32 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Giannis continues to rack-up 1/2 assist-short TDs.

P.S. Good game, good game.

yeah, thanks bobby :D
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,710

Post#23 » by SupremeHustle » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:32 pm

Watching this Giannis post-game talk, he's right. The Bucks are an elite team when they play hard. They are so talented that Fotis could coach them to the playoffs in the East but if they play hard they should be in the ECF at the very least.

I'm starting to believe again. I need a couple of more games to see. They don't even have to be wins. Just show me that you're playing TO win.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#24 » by Neuromancer56 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:32 pm

If Horst didn't have the balls to fire Griff when he did, we wouldn't even be entertaining thoughts of a Championship. Any later in the season, and there just isn't enough time to get the team far enough along in the right direction.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 1,019

Post#25 » by MiltownMadness » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:32 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:Ive just been silently happy with Doc because the defense is so obviously better, you can win a chip with this level of defense. Just was a matter of time before the guys started to gel. Two great road wins, what a response from the tumultuous allstar weekend

I know we might be scoring less but the offense being in control and systematic will pay dividends later.. the free flowing bs is good vs the scrub teams but in the playoffs we need to know how to do this higher level stuff.. like... run a play, set a screen, attack a mismatch, cut off a double team... this is what we're seeing now and it will pay big later as we keep working on this and having discipline

Guys were playing streetball with AG, never seen such a clear example of a team winning games purely off talent.

Then you have morons who question the AG firing, it was impossible to make it work. Bucks had no choice, and Doc is basketball Jesus compared to AG
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#26 » by Neuromancer56 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:33 pm

Good to see Pat and Dame play like their old selves.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,413

Post#27 » by rilamann » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:33 pm

I'm not going to get too hyped up after just 2 games. But the vibes around this team are starting to feel a little different in a positive way.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,922

Post#28 » by Dick Tate » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:33 pm

The Dame post all-star boost has been nice. :bowdown:
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,649

Post#29 » by Profound23 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:33 pm

Another great win. Let's take care of business these next three games before the schedule gets tougher.
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#30 » by Chad34 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:34 pm

Profound23 wrote:Another great win. Let's take care of business these next three games before the schedule gets tougher.

Let's just not lose again, win em all :nod:
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,315

Post#31 » by humanrefutation » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:35 pm

This is a mediocre Sixers team without Embiid. Still, after that debacle in Memphis, it was important to get off to a good start post ASB. Great win in Minnesota followed by taking care of business in Philly. Can't complain.
Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 687

Post#32 » by Chessboxer » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:35 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:Ive just been silently happy with Doc because the defense is so obviously better, you can win a chip with this level of defense. Just was a matter of time before the guys started to gel. Two great road wins, what a response from the tumultuous allstar weekend

I know we might be scoring less but the offense being in control and systematic will pay dividends later.. the free flowing bs is good vs the scrub teams but in the playoffs we need to know how to do this higher level stuff.. like... run a play, set a screen, attack a mismatch, cut off a double team... this is what we're seeing now and it will pay big later as we keep working on this and having discipline

I remember Doc said the offense will suffer a bit in the short term, because of the increased level of intensity on defense will effect the players' offense. He said, that the players right now are not conditioned yet to playing the level of D required to play championship basketball. However, now we see the offense has coming back to where it was and looking even better especially with increased ball movement/screening/cutting.
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#33 » by MiltownMadness » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:36 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

Guys were playing streetball with AG, never seen such a clear example of a team winning games purely off talent.

Then you have morons who question the AG firing, it was impossible to make it work. Bucks had no choice, and Doc is basketball Jesus compared to AG

That being said, I think only 10% of GMs pull the trigger on the midseason firing. I am so happy Horst saw what most of us did. His shrewdness is a large reason we have sustained being an elite organization.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#34 » by Shaffty » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:38 pm

humanrefutation wrote:This is a mediocre Sixers team without Embiid. Still, after that debacle in Memphis, it was important to get off to a good start post ASB. Great win in Minnesota followed by taking care of business in Philly. Can't complain.

they just beat the cavs last game
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,813

Post#35 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:38 pm

With options including Maxey, Melton, and Oubre, Nurse opened the game with Batum on Dame, and got cooked.

Nurse is a clown, and I'm so relieved he's not our coach
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,627

Post#36 » by PG Graveyard » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:41 pm

I thought Beasley played really good defense the last two games.

That was more of the Dame I thought we would see. He’s weirdly a way better 3 point shooter from about 5-8 feet behind the line.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,055

Post#37 » by Daver » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:51 pm

ReddoverKobe wrote:Greyson Allen leading the NBA in 3 pt %. 49%, just saw that during the suns game

Yes he is diesnt seem like it.Seems like beas should be i know he had like 3 bad games in a row but ....
drdrG
Bench Warmer
And1: 833

Post#38 » by drdrG » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:53 pm

Beasley looks great when the shot is falling. He's been playing with great effort on D all year but is really limited on that side. He also requires lots of communication to know where to be. Jae, Gallo, Bev and Brook and a competent coach all help with that
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#39 » by MiltownMadness » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:56 pm

Seems like to me Dame can D up when he wants to, I wanna say he has been extremely good defensively these last 2 games. Horrible defenders don't have a switch like that. Gotta find the balance in the playoffs
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,055

Post#40 » by Daver » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:57 pm

drdrG wrote:Beasley looks great when the shot is falling. He's been playing with great effort on D all year but is really limited on that side. He also requires lots of communication to know where to be. Jae, Gallo, Bev and Brook and a competent coach all help with that

Dame n midds look great when their shot us falling thats nothing new i agree he does put great effort in on D will never be that great D guy doesnt help either that hes 6"3 as another poster said

Return to Milwaukee Bucks