ImageImage

Game 62: Clippers at Bucks - 3/4/24 - 7:00 - NBATV/OTA - Khris Out, Giannis Questionable

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Re: Game 62: Clippers at Bucks - 3/4/24 - 7:00 - NBATV/OTA - Khris Out, Giannis Questionable 

Post#21 » by pifhluk23 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:24 pm

Team should be super careful with injuries right now. Even if we rest guys the East is banged up bad, worst case we drop to 4th or 5th. Don't care about seeding either, Boston and the Finals will have the home advantage no matter what, just avoid Miami round 1 that's it.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Re: Game 62: Clippers at Bucks - 3/4/24 - 7:00 - NBATV/OTA - Khris Out, Giannis Questionable 

Post#22 » by jschligs » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:18 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:Team should be super careful with injuries right now. Even if we rest guys the East is banged up bad, worst case we drop to 4th or 5th. Don't care about seeding either, Boston and the Finals will have the home advantage no matter what, just avoid Miami round 1 that's it.

Yup, again, I really don't care about seeding besides being top 4. I think if we're smart we can rest guys when we need and still be fine. That said, I'm not concerned about Giannis. It's a rest day.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,767

Post#23 » by chonestown » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:51 pm

Doc Rivers tips his Stetson as he pulls into yet another windswept frontier town. He discharges a healthy plug of Kodiak.

He whistles lowly.

"Son, we got some unfinished bid-ness to tend to, I reckon."

<...>

<...>

120-104.

<cue the Morricone>

<realizes the game is in Milwaukee tonight. Fk>
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,218

Post#24 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:02 pm

chonestown wrote:Doc Rivers tips his Stetson as he pulls into yet another windswept frontier town. He discharges a healthy plug of Kodiak.

He whistles lowly.

<...>

<...>

120-104.

<cue the Morricone>

<6 days ahead, Mondo Cane>

<ginormous DOGS>

<in six>
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,537

Post#25 » by Gant » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:33 pm

jschligs wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:Team should be super careful with injuries right now. Even if we rest guys the East is banged up bad, worst case we drop to 4th or 5th. Don't care about seeding either, Boston and the Finals will have the home advantage no matter what, just avoid Miami round 1 that's it.

Yup, again, I really don't care about seeding besides being top 4. I think if we're smart we can rest guys when we need and still be fine. That said, I'm not concerned about Giannis. It's a rest day.

The Bucks seem to be in prime position for the second or third seed. Not long ago, Cleveland, Philly, New York and Indiana were all looking strong, and with Miami and Orlando the East playoffs looked very difficult. Then Embiid and many Knicks got injured, Halliburton got banged up and hasn't been the same, Cleveland's schedule got tougher, while Milwaukee finally started playing well.

Things do change fast though. The Bucks do have the second hardest remaining schedule with six games still against contenders, and only a couple left vs absolute dregs.

The Suns schedule going forward is really tough. They have ten games left against genuine contenders (Boston, OKC, Denver, Minn, LAC, Milwaukee). They're the team with the hardest schedule left.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,024

Post#26 » by sidney lanier » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:39 pm

chonestown wrote:Doc Rivers tips his Stetson as he pulls into yet another windswept frontier town. He discharges a healthy plug of Kodiak.

He whistles lowly.

<...>

<...>

120-104.

<cue the Morricone>

Not expecting a shootout. Gonna go 110-94.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
chonestown
General Manager

Post#27 » by chonestown » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:06 pm

sidney lanier wrote:Image

Not expecting a shootout. Gonna go 110-94.

Don't need all these points and superfluous activity obscurin' a final resolution.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-DCB
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#28 » by -Jragon- » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:12 pm

It seems like we know our plays now so that leaves more time to scout teams... that's bad for other teams... schedule W
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,216

Post#29 » by BigO » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:19 pm

I encourage everyone to listen to Rivers press conference from yesterday on bucks.com.

You will rarely here a coach lay out why he is playing certain defenses. He acknowledges the Bucks don't have much quickness, which means certain types of schemes are out. It also means the Bucks have to play more physical, which they have been doing.

It doesn't mean Doc is a great coach, but Bud was one of the worst I've seen in communicating anything.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,024

Post#30 » by sidney lanier » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:37 pm

BigO wrote:I encourage everyone to listen to Rivers press conference from yesterday on bucks.com.

You will rarely here a coach lay out why he is playing certain defenses based. He acknowledges the Bucks don't have much quickness, which means certain types of schemes are out. It also means the Bucks have to play more physical, which they have been doing.

It doesn't mean Doc is a great coach, but Bud was one of the worst I've seen in communicating anything.

Yeah no, Bud was sometimes less than lucid. We'll see how Doc manages things as they start to get interesting, but he certainly wins the public speaking derby. Must be that Marquette education.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
AntetokounmBros
Rookie
And1: 1,202

Post#31 » by AntetokounmBros » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:45 pm

A lot of people aren't up-to-date on the Bucks. Still seeing a lot of "their defense sucks" comments. I like it that way.
tsamo
Junior
And1: 212

Post#32 » by tsamo » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:47 pm

I really hope we can win this relatively easy, but I'll take even a one point win in the buzzer. Clippers really struggled in their match yesterday shooting the ball sans Leonard and Powell. With our luck, I'm expecting them to shoot lights out today against us.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#33 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 7:33 pm

Read on Twitter
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,635

Post#34 » by Balls2TheWalls » Mon Mar 4, 2024 7:52 pm

We can take a loss here, but we need to look like a team that top teams should be afraid of. This is a good game for putting that emotion out there.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,152

Post#35 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:18 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:We can take a loss here, but we need to look like a team that top teams should be afraid of. This is a good game for putting that emotion out there.

Definitely. Clippers are good but we're home and they're on a B2B. Have to take care of business before hitting the road. Hopefully Giannis is good to go.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#36 » by DutchManDanFan » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:48 pm

I'd like to avoid the mile high home court advantage for Denver. For the rest I don't care much about homecourt. As long as KD's shoe is big enough.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,493

Post#37 » by KidA24 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:51 pm

He whistles lowly.

<...>

<...>

120-104.

<cue the Morricone>

Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
KidA24
General Manager

Post#38 » by KidA24 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:55 pm

BigO wrote:I encourage everyone to listen to Rivers press conference from yesterday on bucks.com.

You will rarely here a coach lay out why he is playing certain defenses. He acknowledges the Bucks don't have much quickness, which means certain types of schemes are out. It also means the Bucks have to play more physical, which they have been doing.

chonestown
General Manager

Post#39 » by chonestown » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:56 pm

KidA24 wrote:

He whistles lowly.

<...>

<...>

120-104.

<cue the Morricone>

The Los Angeles Clippers organization is the colloquial offspring in this case. Initially, I thought the game was in Los Angeles. Doc Rivers has already vanquished the Sixers and I envision tonight's contest a furtherance of his tour to exact revenge on his ex-employers. However, it is the Clips visiting tonight.

Look, I wanted to use a Western trope. Once I had momentum, I was loathe to abandon the post.

-DCB
KidA24
General Manager

Post#40 » by KidA24 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:59 pm

chonestown wrote:
KidA24 wrote:

He whistles lowly.

<...>

<...>

120-104.

<cue the Morricone>

The Los Angeles Clippers organization is the colloquial offspring in this case. Initially, I thought the game was in Los Angeles. Doc Rivers has already vanquished the Sixers and I envision tonight's contest a furtherance of his tour to exact revenge on his ex-employers. However, it is the Clips visiting tonight.

Look, I wanted to use a Western trope. Once I had momentum, I was loathe to abandon the post.

Oh, I understood the literary device the great chones was using, the .imo prose, of course.

I just had to use this opportunity to post confused Austin Rivers.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks