ImageImage

Game 63: Bucks at Warriors - 3/6/24 - 9:00 - ESPN/BSWI - Giannis Will Play

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,146

Re: Game 63: Bucks at Warriors - 3/6/24 - 9:00 - ESPN/BSWI - Giannis Questionable, Khris Out 

Post#21 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:49 am

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Re: Game 63: Bucks at Warriors - 3/6/24 - 9:00 - ESPN/BSWI - Giannis Questionable, Khris Out 

Post#22 » by Jez2983 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:50 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:Middleton is vastly becoming my least liked buck. Giannis being questionable but Khris bring out is all you have know. Khris will basically steal money and play as little as humanly possible for the duration of his insane contract. It will shortly become the worst contract in the league

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Or, you know, he's just injured and will be back when he's healthy enough to play.

No no no it's far more reasonable to insinuate things about his character because your own emotions are so tied to a sports team, while using the most evocative language possible.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,195

Post#23 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:56 am

Lol, of course we get the Warriors the first time all season that they're healthy. Gonna need another Dame masterclass.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,913

Post#24 » by blazza18 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:15 am

Seems like Midds and/or the doctors aren't comfortable with him playing regular season games unless he's 100% which I think is totally fine. I just find it funny how we've had three coaches now trip over words when talking about when he's going to return. Makes the situation look bad but in the end who really cares outside of people who are always mad online?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#25 » by steger_3434 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:20 am

blazza18 wrote:Seems like Midds and/or the doctors aren't comfortable with him playing regular season games unless he's 100% which I think is totally fine. I just find it funny how we've had three coaches now trip over words when talking about when he's going to return. Makes the situation look bad but in the end who really cares outside of people who are always mad online?

I’m mad because if this is who he is now it sucks being a fan because it’s 40 million in cap space that could be used on a player that can actually play. This is what? Year 3 of him being hurt consistently now?

Eventually it sucks. Although I’m sure people here don’t bash players like Embiid, porzingas, Simmons, etc for. Instantly being hurt.

yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,325

Post#26 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:33 am

Who gives a flying ****, it's the regular season.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Re: Game 63: Bucks at Warriors - 3/6/24 - 9:00 - ESPN/BSWI 

Post#27 » by mediocrityrules » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:41 am

rilamann wrote:
chonestown wrote:Bobby and Dray get in a tussle, Pat Bev cracks Green (Draymond, sorry for confusion) with a folding chair, Bucks win 120-104, retaining ownership of the Intercontinental belt.

Draymond has Bobby in one of his patented sleeper holds and out of nowhere, coach Bud comes running out of the tunnel and starts whaling on Draymond, freeing Bobby from the sleeper hold. Bobby and both Pats then take turns on Draymond as Bud chases a fleeing Steve Kerr back to the locker room. We never see Bud Again.

Draymond gets Bobby in a chokehold. Draymond thinks he's on top as he's choking Bobby so hard Bobby's eyes are bulging out of his head. Little did Draymond realize that this was just Bobby getting angry.

Circling calendars since 2021
steger_3434
RealGM

Post#28 » by steger_3434 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:00 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Who gives a flying ****, it's the regular season.

Honestly don’t know why you watch any games until the playoffs. You hated the in season tourney. Regular season games obviously mean nothing in your eyes. Lose by 50 to Detroit? Who gives a flying f right? What a stupid response.

Philly shouldn’t care about embiids injury. Boston shouldn’t care about porzingas history. Who cares if Kidd screws up dallas games. It’s the regular season still

yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,412

Post#29 » by rilamann » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:02 am

I've been following the NBA for almost 35 years and Khris Middleton has done 2 things I have never seen before.

I've never seen a guy fall off more of an abrupt cliff. Middleton was 29 years old scoring 40 points in the NBA Finals, less than 3 years later he now looks like he's pushing the age of 40 on the court. He can still hit an open jumpshot, but he also looks like half the people sitting in Fiserv Forum could beat him in a foot race.

I've also never seen a guy 30+ this perpetually injured and this easily injured not retire.

I am not questioning the legitimacy of Middleton's injuries, I like Khris and he's done a lot for the Bucks.

But his lack of availability season after season because the guy literally can't step on a basketball court without getting injured is getting really old.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,192

Post#30 » by MissKhriddleton » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:04 am

Don’t be mad at Khris. Be mad at all the posters that didn’t want to entertain the idea of trading him when he had value.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,767

Post#31 » by chonestown » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:09 am

rilamann wrote:I've been following the NBA for almost 35 years and Khris Middleton has done 2 things I have never seen before.

I've never seen a guy fall off more of an abrupt cliff. Middleton was 29 years old scoring 40 points in the NBA Finals, less than 3 years later he now looks like he's pushing the age of 40 on the court. He can still hit an open jumpshot, but he also looks like half the people sitting in Fiserv Forum could beat him in a foot race.

I've also never seen a guy 30+ this perpetually injured and this easily injured not retire.

I am not questioning the legitimacy of Middleton's injuries, I like Khris and he's done a lot for the Bucks.

But his lack of availability season after season because the guy literally can't step on a basketball court without getting injured is getting really old.

Simmons is the first guy I think of.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
steger_3434
RealGM

Post#32 » by steger_3434 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:10 am

chonestown wrote:
rilamann wrote:I've been following the NBA for almost 35 years and Khris Middleton has done 2 things I have never seen before.

I feel Simmons doesn’t like basketball but likes the money and found a way to get what he likes. I think Middleton wants to play but has extremely low pain tolerence. Which is fine if he didn’t get hurt every 6 weeks

theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,216

Post#33 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:12 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:Middleton is vastly becoming my least liked buck. Giannis being questionable but Khris bring out is all you have know. Khris will basically steal money and play as little as humanly possible for the duration of his insane contract. It will shortly become the worst contract in the league

Or, you know, he's just injured and will be back when he's healthy enough to play.

Make him take a lie detector test! :evil:
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#34 » by Jez2983 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:15 am

blazza18 wrote:Seems like Midds and/or the doctors aren't comfortable with him playing regular season games unless he's 100% which I think is totally fine. I just find it funny how we've had three coaches now trip over words when talking about when he's going to return. Makes the situation look bad but in the end who really cares outside of people who are always mad online?

It could be a management direction. For example some clubs are much more evasive with diagnosis/return timetables in the AFL, and this is a high-up directive. Generally the medical guys don't care, and if the NBA is like other sports, people in the industry talk and they actually know what's happening in other teams in detail as well.

These days teams will definitely prioritize the player being 100% from a performance perspective over a healing timeline, especially in the regular season.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,767

Post#35 » by chonestown » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:33 am

steger_3434 wrote:
chonestown wrote:

I feel Simmons doesn’t like basketball but likes the money and found a way to get what he likes. I think Middleton wants to play but has extremely low pain tolerence. Which is fine if he didn’t get hurt every 6 weeks

OK, but doesn't really speak on the abruptness of the decline for either.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,053

Post#36 » by Daver » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:40 am

So is this week 4 gor midds ankle sprain n last week doc was adamant how good he looked in practice.Midds reminds me of a 85 year old gets hurt expect him to miss hslf the season.Dude heals like hes a old man
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,325

Post#37 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:47 am

steger_3434 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Who gives a flying ****, it's the regular season.

Honestly don’t know why you watch any games until the playoffs. You hated the in season tourney. Regular season games obviously mean nothing in your eyes. Lose by 50 to Detroit? Who gives a flying f right? What a stupid response.

Philly shouldn’t care about embiids injury. Boston shouldn’t care about porzingas history. Who cares if Kidd screws up dallas games. It’s the regular season still

No one in Philly or Boston will care if they're both healthy for the playoffs.

No one, including you, will care about missed regular season games if Middleton is healthy for the playoffs.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,811

Post#38 » by Ayt » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:49 am

Didn't he have a pretty bad ankle sprain that was entirely not his fault?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,149

Post#39 » by Matches Malone » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:56 am

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,412

Post#40 » by rilamann » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:21 am

chonestown wrote:

Simmons is decent comparison, I will give you that one. Although I don't think he tops Middleton just because I think Middleton's peak was higher. Middleton was doing hall of fame stuff when you consider the stage (ECF, NBA Finals) less than 3 years ago. Now he can't stay healthy and looks like he's running in quicksand when he's actually on the court.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****

Return to Milwaukee Bucks