ImageImage

Hail Mary pass to save fan interest (trade idea)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,260

Post#21 » by Sigra » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:07 pm

These 2 are problems:

We are not going anywhere with these 2. Totally worthless and expensive. Nobody want them and the only way to get rid of them is if we pack them with something good. Good in this team are only 4 players. Yi is going nowhere. So our only chance is to pack these 2 with Redd or Mo or Bogut. I think Mo is not enough to make that pack worthy for other teams. Same with Bogut. So the logical solution is to pack Redd with these 2 terrible contracts. We are NOT wining games with Redd anyway. Redd is also playing with young players' minds. We will be able to find player on Redd's level in one of next few drafts if we really suck without Redd (and we suck with him mind you).

The only hope for this franchise is to pack Redd with terrible contracts NOW. But there is a reason why this is terrible franchise. That's why they will not do that.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,293

Post#22 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:59 am

ALLCAPSGOBUCKS wrote:If Kohl really cared about the bucks he'd personally eat part of Simmons Gadz ect. contracts so they have trade value so we can blow up the team save Yi and Bogut.
Then he can sell the team and he'll still be making a large profit, does he really need the money?

I'm not sure what you are suggesting here.
Kohl just can't decide to eat part of their contracts. That isn't allowed. What he can do is include as much as $3 mil in a trade, to help compensate/reimburse the team getting one of those players for the salary they will end up having to pay them.

I think what you are talking about is something you see in MLB, but that is not allowed in the NBA, as it would drive up spending and give an advantage to the big-market deep-pocket teams.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#23 » by El Duderino » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:54 am

Let's assume Kohl won't fire Larry.....and won't hire a GM and give him full power.....Here's an idea with two moves to try and salvage the season or at least fan interest

The more trade proposals and trade posts i see from you PP and comments like those above, all i can say is, you're the one of last type of persons i'd want as the GM of a sports team i followed.

You almost seem frantic for the Bucks to make a trade of any kind. Thinking like here are some moves to maybe salvage some fan interest or i'm desperate to try and salvage the season are the kind of comments i can imagine Isiah Thomas saying to himself as he has made some of his moves over the years as the Knicks GM.

GM's who go around making rash and impatient moves mainly to just give fans the appearance that something is being done or that they care about fans frustration is often how GM's end up making dumb moves that make things no better or even worse.

The odds are pretty high that at some point this year or in the offseason that a move or moves will need to be made that reshapes this Bucks team. IMO though, worrying about the short term of this years team and/or fan interest for this season should be near or at the very bottom in importance when considering just exactly what move/moves should be made and when.

The only thing that should be taken into consideration whenever a big trade is made is how that move effects the team now and in the future, appeasing fans shouldn't enter the GM's thought process. At least if the GM is qualified to be in that position. Quality GM's don't go around thinking, man the fans are pissed off, i better quickly make a major trade to get them excited again.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,348

Post#24 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:10 pm

El Duderino wrote:[Quality GM's don't go around thinking, man the fans are pissed off, i better quickly make a major trade to get them excited again.

I understand that....but remember, we don't have a quality GM....we have Kohl...it most likely isn't in the cards for us to ever get a quality GM who has a long-term plan.......if the future looks like Kohl meddling, at least make it interesting for a ticket holder like me.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks