ImageImage

Is Redd going to be traded in the next couple of days?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#21 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:03 pm

I don't think Utah has interest in Brewer/Milsap for Redd. They have plenty of offense, and don't want to sacrifice defense, at least as I see it.
stevescheffler06
Analyst
And1: 223

Post#22 » by stevescheffler06 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:07 pm

Do you all think Redd will really be moved? I've always heard that he's Kohl's golden child. A hard-working, happy to be in MKE, good guy. Plus, right now he's the face of the team. While I think he should be the first out the door, I just don't see Kohl being this bold.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#23 » by REDDzone » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:09 pm

Saw this on the trade board...

Milwaukee incoming: Antawn Jamison / DaShawn Stevenson / 08' 1st rd pick
Milwaukee outgoing: Michael Redd / Desmond Mason

Would anyone like this deal?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#24 » by jerrod » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:09 pm

adamcz wrote:I don't know, but here's my new favorite Redd trade (checker approved of course).

Redd+Gadzuric
for
Corey Brewer + Ratliff (exp) + Doleac (exp)

i might do that, the quality of a deal like that depends on a what the cap space is used for. it could conceivably end up as more bad contracts.

but i think i'd do it
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,198

Post#25 » by midranger » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:10 pm

I think we have to look at mounting evidence that he will be traded.

1. Another embarrassing season leading up to 4 straight embarrassing losses, including a blow out in Denver that he didn't bother showing up to. Including a 45 point massacre to the Pistons.

2. Following Pistons game, other "leader" on the team calls out entire team's effort. A team meeting is forced to be called for the airing of grievances.

3. Bucks win for the first time in 5 games, with Michael Redd's ass sitting firmly on the bench. I don't ever recall Redd being benched before.

4. Within 24 hours multiple independent reports come out stating that the team needs to be blown-up, or that everyone is available, or that Redd needs to be traded, or that the Bucks are talking Redd-McGrady, etc...

5. Michael Redd is now going to miss a game with a thigh bruise, that was only brought to light after he was sat for the fourth quarter of the Heat game?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
midranger
RealGM

Post#26 » by midranger » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:13 pm

REDDzone wrote:Saw this on the trade board...

Milwaukee incoming: Antawn Jamison / DaShawn Stevenson / 08' 1st rd pick
Milwaukee outgoing: Michael Redd / Desmond Mason

Would anyone like this deal?

Probably, though I'd rather give Gadzuric than Mason (obviously).
nwy2211
Junior
And1: 0

Post#27 » by nwy2211 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:15 pm

I do it, as long as the pick from washington is from the lottery.
mnstinks
Sixth Man
And1: 42

Post#28 » by mnstinks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:20 pm

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The Timberwolves are rebuilding. The last thing they're gonna do is this trade.

Redd and Jefferson could be their Lewis and Howard, plus they have a load of picks and other youth.
midranger
RealGM

Post#29 » by midranger » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:31 pm

They have Randy Foye for that "Redd" slot.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#30 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:21 pm

adamcz wrote:Redd isn't even an allstar, so the idea that he could bring back a superstar is ludicris. Cap space is good for a lot of things other than signing players to max contracts. First and formost, the team budget is fixed around $60 million, so getting down below that number means you can add players, period. Secondly, you can make many more trades happen, such as the Marion one we had on the table this summer. Thirdly, just getting Redd off the roster forces/allows Mo/Yi/Bogut to grow into leadership roles.
Cap space is stupidi if you move Redd. You fans and 'cap space.' Be quiet with cap space!

What good does cap space do a team with a lame duck GM? Use your head!

You need players! You need to win! You need to be viable and relevant and you need to get Bogut and Yi's careers off to a great start.

Screw cap space.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#31 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:22 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Cap space is stupidi if you move Redd. You fans and 'cap space.' Be quiet with cap space!

What good does cap space do a team with a lame duck GM? Use your head!

You need players! You need to win! You need to be viable and relevant and you need to get Bogut and Yi's careers off to a great start.

Screw cap space.

I actually totally agree with this

:clap:
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#32 » by BobbyLight » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:28 pm

So do I. Cap space brings more flase hope and more Bobby Simmons type players. We need youth or a (flawed) star player.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#33 » by rsavaj » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:13 pm

Would you guys do http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash= + the ATL pick from the Suns?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#34 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:19 pm

rsavaj wrote:Would you guys do http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash= + the ATL pick from the Suns?

No. Too much long term salary.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#35 » by jerrod » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:41 pm

i don't think cap space is definitely bad, but we do have a bad track record with it
BobbyLight
RealGM

Post#36 » by BobbyLight » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:51 pm

jerrod wrote:i don't think cap space is definitely bad, but we do have a bad track record with it

For the Bucks the equation goes as follows:

Cap Space + Bucks = Doom

Always has, always will. Name the last really good free agent siging, I can't.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM

Post#37 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:53 pm

jerrod wrote:i don't think cap space is definitely bad, but we do have a bad track record with it
But we do have a firm budget to work with, and we are up against the limit. If we don't shed contracts, we can't add players.

I agree with midranger that Childress would be an example of an excellent FA pickup. He's averaging 11/5 on 57% shooting, and those numbers won't command a huge contract (which is good of course). He's a smart player, with great shot selection, and he can play a little D. Offer him a 3 year, 20 million deal to be a big minute role player here.

If you set your sights on Deng, Smith, and Iguodala, you're likely to be dissapointed. Those guys will almost certainly sign with their own teams (but I guess you never know).

But even if you strike out with all those guys, you have the option of signing smart veterans to 1 and 2 year deals, and stay patient. That's still better than having $6 and $9 million dollar scrubs preventing you from doing anything at all.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM

Post#38 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:54 pm

2ss2ls wrote:Name the last really good free agent siging, I can't.
Mo Williams.
BobbyLight
RealGM

Post#39 » by BobbyLight » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:57 pm

adamcz wrote:
But even if you strike out with all those guys, you have the option of signing smart veterans to 1 and 2 year deals, and stay patient. That's still better than having $6 and $9 million dollar scrubs preventing you from doing anything at all.

This team does not have time to be paitent. If they make a trade and they continue to suck for 3 or 4 years they will be leaving Milwaukee, book it. If they trade Redd it has to be for players we can see on the court, right away.

On top of that the Kohl lead Bucks have proven to bocth free agent signings and draft picks. Picking Yi was the first right thing this team did in a long time. Waiting for the future and leaving the future in Kohl's hands means this team will be bad and it will be moved.
BobbyLight
RealGM

Post#40 » by BobbyLight » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:03 pm

adamcz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Mo Williams.

That actually came to mind while typing my last post.

I think the fact that we can think of one really good free agent signing speaks to exactly why trading Redd for cap space is a terrible idea.

Also, the list of terrible to OK free agents signings is much longer:
Bobby Simmons
Desmond Mason
Anthony Mason
Jake Volskul (decent)
Damon Jones (decent for the year we had him)
Marcus Fizer
Zendon Hamilton
Aywee Storee
Daniel Santiago
Jermaine Jackson
Jared Reiner
Lynn Greer

What about that list gives you faith in the Bucks with spending money?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks