ImageImage

OT: Wii

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#21 » by BobbyLight » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:23 pm

showtimesam wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That baseball game sounds interesting, does it use the wii remote for swinging and pitching like wii sports?

No, it's more traditional button presses. I have heard it's awesome and keep wanting to try it out.
charlesbarkley
Junior
And1: 1

Post#22 » by charlesbarkley » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:56 pm

I won one in a contest. played it for about a week, then got completely sick of it. Just sold it and some games on ebay for a very nice price.
75totheMACCfund
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#23 » by 75totheMACCfund » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:05 pm

anybody own tiger woods? Is it fun? Please tell me it's at least a little better than Wii Sports golf. Moreover, is there something similar to the Fight Night title for Wii? The Wii boxing leaves a lot to be desired
DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#24 » by DMBucks22 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:56 pm

I love playing my buddies WII especially Madden. But im still a PS3 kind of guy, I like being lazy when Im playing video games.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#25 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:10 am

I thought about picking a wii up for something to do with my wife, but after looking through the library of games, I passed. The games that are critically acclaimed (Mario Galaxy and Resident Evil) are single player games, and the multi player games don't look that great to me.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,412

Post#26 » by rilamann » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:24 am

My cousin has one and its different and its fun.The cool thing about it is you are playing a video game and actually getting a little exercize.I don't think i'd buy one myself though.

I do want to try that Tiger Woods golf,I played that golf on Wii sports and it was a lot of fun and i'd imagine the Tiger Woods game would be even 100x better.

And that tennis does give you a workout,im not in bad shape and my forearms where sore as hell the next day after playing that. :lol:
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#27 » by jerrod » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:36 am

adamcz wrote:I thought about picking a wii up for something to do with my wife, but after looking through the library of games, I passed. The games that are critically acclaimed (Mario Galaxy and Resident Evil) are single player games, and the multi player games don't look that great to me.

what's the status on your xbox?
schweig
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#28 » by schweig » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:46 am

adamcz wrote:I thought about picking a wii up for something to do with my wife, but after looking through the library of games, I passed. The games that are critically acclaimed (Mario Galaxy and Resident Evil) are single player games, and the multi player games don't look that great to me.

That's a great point for most people thinking of buying a Wii, and it's the funny thing for my wife and I too, given how it's been positioned and advertised. Strangely enough one-player games have pretty much been the best, most polished and most fun for the longest time so far.

Most often I'd play a one-player game, or she'd play old one-player Mario games we downloaded. The mp game we played most together by far was a download of Bomberman '93.

That definitely doesn't take away from the fun for a big group that's new to it, and playing with people who otherwise wouldn't play video games. But that shouldn't overshadow just loving to keep coming back with 2-4 players, and they still need a few more of those great multiplayer games somewhere in between all the crap that's being shoveled out.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#29 » by BobbyLight » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:03 am

Unfortunately the multi-player games on the Wii are all mini game centric. That is getting old very fast.

I'm excited about the Wii Fit and balance board. That's going to be interesting.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM

Post#30 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:20 am

jerrod wrote:what's the status on your xbox?
Hopefully not lost in the mail. They said it would be a month or so until I get it back.
benultimate
Bench Warmer
And1: 859

Post#31 » by benultimate » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:46 am

jeremyd236 wrote:I got a Wii for Christmas and absolutely love it.

The best game right now by far is Super Mario Galaxy. It is great for all ages, and got an unbelievable 9.7 out of 10 rating on www.ign.com. I have never seen a rating this high. Get that game.

Next month, Super Smash Brothers Brawl comes out. It is the 3rd game in the Super Smash Brothers series. It is great for kids or for anyone who loves the classic Nintendo/Sega characters. I'd recommend that game as well.

yes super mario galaxy is a great game, i thought it be just a kids game, but there's heaps to do and isn't always easy

however DO NOT BUY NBA LIVE 2008, possibly the worst ever game on any system ive seen, i paid $90 for it and have literally only played 1 five minute quarter of a game. terrible gameplay, no dynasty mode TERRIBLE
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM

Post#32 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:58 am

$90? If you shopped around a little, you probably could have found a better deal. For instance, you could have checked ANYWHERE.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#33 » by jerrod » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:37 am

adamcz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hopefully not lost in the mail. They said it would be a month or so until I get it back.

hopefully, without you the number of people i can beat in 2k8 is dangerously small :D
benultimate
Bench Warmer
And1: 859

Post#34 » by benultimate » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:35 am

adamcz wrote:$90? If you shopped around a little, you probably could have found a better deal. For instance, you could have checked ANYWHERE.

me = in australia

newly released games here cost $80-$100, maybe cheaper on ebay who knows
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,022

Post#35 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:12 pm

has anyone played Carnival games? That one looks pretty fun
Fandom
Junior

Post#36 » by Fandom » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:19 pm

newly released games here cost $80-$100

Geez, what's the reasoning behind the games being so expensive in the land down under?
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#37 » by bigkurty » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:20 pm

Does anyone know where I can buy a damn Wii? I can't believe they are still so hard to find. I am totally convinced this a marketing ploy by Nintendo rather than a keeping up with demand issue. Seriously I have gone hunting for one a few times, tried online, visited 20+ stores and still cant find one and I refuse to pay extra for one on ebay. To any of you Best Buy guys out there, I will give you $20 cash if you hold one aside for me. I'll come in same day and pick it up. Come on, help a realgmer out will ya please.
BucksRuleAll22
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#38 » by BucksRuleAll22 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:23 pm

Wii is the most overrated system I ever seen. The controler is awesome for games like Wii sports but that gets sickning after a week. The control system is fun for tennis, bowling baseball, but playing regular games with the Wii sensor remote is a pain. Theres really no games at all or comming out soon for Wii either.

Wii is kinda for a casual person who might spend a few hrs at most a week playing. Xbox 360 is 1000xs better then Wii, even a PS3 would be 100xs better.

Also Wii costs as much as a xbox 360 or PS3. It retails cheaper but it comes with less, and once you buy the extras its the same price as a xbox 360.
Fandom
Junior

Post#39 » by Fandom » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:14 pm

bigkurty, if you want a Wii, wake up really early on a Sunday morning and get to Target/Wal-Mart before it opens and stand in line.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#40 » by bigkurty » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:28 pm

Fandom wrote:bigkurty, if you want a Wii, wake up really early on a Sunday morning and get to Target/Wal-Mart before it opens and stand in line.

ahh ok. I heard that was one way to do it but wasn't sure. The lady at one Walmart even told me to come Tuesday Morning since more will be coming in "she thinks" but I don't know if I trust that. I might call tomorrow morning just to see anyway.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks