ImageImage

Is Redd the most overpaid and overrated player in the NBA?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#21 » by Newz » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:39 pm

Guys on our team who are more overpaid than Redd for what they bring:

Gadzuric (Should make around 2 mil), Simmons (Should make the minimum the way he is playing), Mason (Should make 2-3 million), Bell (Shouldn't even be in the NBA the way he is playing), Voshkuhl(Is a minimum salary 3rd stringer.)

Guys on our team who are more overrated than Redd:

Mo (For those fans who think he is our best player, which is ridiculous), Bogut (For those who still think he has some sort of star quality or that we should exclusively run our offense through him.)

There are a ridiculous amount of guys in the NBA who are far more overpaid for what they do than Redd is. Dampier, Diaw, Darius Miles, Ricky Davis, Jason Williams, Mark Blount, Theo Ratliff... The list goes on and on.
BrewersGM
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by BrewersGM » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:30 pm

LukePliska wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah, Hughes plays both ends when he is healthy... And he plays them both poorly.

I'm pretty sure Cavs fans could tell you how absolutely awful Larry Hughes is. If you think Hughes is anywhere near as good as Redd you have no idea what you are talking about.

I dont think those words came out my mouth or on to this screen. I know Redd is better the Hughes... Hughes is pretty solid on defense...Better than Redd by far!

He was a first team all NBA defensive player three years ago.. Im sure he still plays pretty good d. Better than Redd will ever play..

http://www.nba.com/history/awards_defensiveteams.html
GO BUCK5
Banned User

Post#23 » by GO BUCK5 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:01 am

That sucks that your topic about Redd got locked and deleted... I know you had real inside info....
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#24 » by WEFFPIM » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:15 am

THE DINJ wrote:How anyone can come on here after yesterday's game and post this with a straight face is beyond me.

It's why I always post like this

ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#25 » by skones » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:41 am

RASHARD LEWIS
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#26 » by paul » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:43 am

No. No.
th87
RealGM
And1: 9,770

Post#27 » by th87 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:46 am

There was inside info? Can it be discussed elsewhere?
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#28 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:23 am

Absolutely.

He is an overpaid jump shooter who can't lead his team to wins nor make anyone better, nor draw fans in the seats.

All of which a guy you pay $92 million dollars should do! It is a very bad businessman who keeps that type of guy around for more then 3-4 years if he cannot do one or two of those things consistently.

The Sixers wanted to move Iverson years ago but could not justify doing that because the man drew fans and got them on TV regardless to if they won big or not until Larry Brown left.

Redd cannot do that! That alone should knock off $20 million off of what he should have got.

He is a 60 million dollar player value wise and should not top out too much more then $9 millon a year.

But you overpay in this market for mediocore talent which is why we dont win and other teams find a way to.

Hell yes he is overratted and goes through too many head coaches to get the most out of him. Granted all of them have had little to no experience but still...

Yes he is overratted. There are a lot of guys who have horrendous deals like Raef LeFrentz and what not, but Redd tops the list.
Mo25
Banned User

Post#29 » by Mo25 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:06 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Absolutely.

He is an overpaid jump shooter who can't lead his team to wins nor make anyone better, nor draw fans in the seats.

All of which a guy you pay $92 million dollars should do! It is a very bad businessman who keeps that type of guy around for more then 3-4 years if he cannot do one or two of those things consistently.

The Sixers wanted to move Iverson years ago but could not justify doing that because the man drew fans and got them on TV regardless to if they won big or not until Larry Brown left.

Redd cannot do that! That alone should knock off $20 million off of what he should have got.

He is a 60 million dollar player value wise and should not top out too much more then $9 millon a year.

But you overpay in this market for mediocore talent which is why we dont win and other teams find a way to.

Hell yes he is overratted and goes through too many head coaches to get the most out of him. Granted all of them have had little to no experience but still...

Yes he is overratted. There are a lot of guys who have horrendous deals like Raef LeFrentz and what not, but Redd tops the list.

You saved me alot of typing! That's exactly how I feel. Redd has not lived up to what "Bucks" fans hoped
mbucks22
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#30 » by mbucks22 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:18 pm

No. Overrated and overpaid would be Rashard Lewis.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,199

Post#31 » by midranger » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:32 pm

He'll be overpaid by ~5 million per year for the next 3.5 years. Not good, but considering Bobby Simmons is stealing 9-10 million per year, certainly not the worst.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks