Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,828

Re: PG Knicks - Vegas Baby 

Post#201 » by tedbrogen » Wed Dec 6, 2023 4:49 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:BC was louder because it was a sterile, concrete Sam’s Club warehouse.

Fiserv is designed for concerts. Much more acoustic sound absorption.

Getting Milwaukee fans off their ass to cheer constantly has been a challenge at both buildings.

This. It's been talked about since the building opened. Are there "rich people" who sit on their hands at FiServ? Yes. Were there rich people who sat on their hands at the BC. Absolutely.

Personally, I'm focused on the games (great game last night) rather than being fixated on the crowds game after game after game.

I'm only talking about it after this game because I was called out. And you complain about Novak every single game he announces. So...

In all fairness, Novak is one of the worst announcers in the league.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,016

Post#202 » by emunney » Wed Dec 6, 2023 4:53 pm

I really like Brook dropping not quite as deep and guys handing off to him and then rotating behind him. He had a lot of great contests on wings and guards in the 2nd half last night and there were no good angles to the dunker.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,828

Post#203 » by tedbrogen » Wed Dec 6, 2023 4:54 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:We clearly targeted Brunson and Randle btw. They got torched. :lol:

I have noticed the Bucks tending to attack the other team’s best offensive players on the defensive end. I assume the philosophy is to make them work on both ends to tire them out. I’ll give Grief credit for targeting specific defenders. Bud refused to do that for the most part. (Should have done everything possible to get Brown on Giannis in 22 playoffs)
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,418

Post#204 » by MiltownHawkeye » Wed Dec 6, 2023 5:15 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:We clearly targeted Brunson and Randle btw. They got torched. :lol:

I have noticed the Bucks tending to attack the other team’s best offensive players on the defensive end. I assume the philosophy is to make them work on both ends to tire them out. I’ll give Grief credit for targeting specific defenders. Bud refused to do that for the most part. (Should have done everything possible to get Brown on Giannis in 22 playoffs)

I'm still not convinced anything good that Griff does wasn't done by accident
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#205 » by Shaffty » Wed Dec 6, 2023 5:20 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:

what actual reason do you have for this feeling besides intrinsic bias?
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#206 » by greekbuck34 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 5:40 pm

3rd best offense overall.
Slow steps forward on defense.

We are still 21th overall but in the last 15 games we are 16th, the last 10 games 15th and in the last 5 games 10th.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,418

Post#207 » by MiltownHawkeye » Wed Dec 6, 2023 5:41 pm

Shaffty wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:

What do you think "intrinsic bias" means?
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,767

Post#208 » by chonestown » Wed Dec 6, 2023 6:08 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:
Shaffty wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:I'm still not convinced anything good that Griff does wasn't done by accident

“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,060

Post#209 » by BUCKnation » Wed Dec 6, 2023 6:56 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Las Vegas is a great and underrated TV show and James Caan did excellent work for three seasons.

That show was fun as hell
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,710

Post#210 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Dec 6, 2023 7:18 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:
Shaffty wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:I'm still not convinced anything good that Griff does wasn't done by accident

We don't get French benefits?
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,163

Post#211 » by Matches Malone » Wed Dec 6, 2023 7:21 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:The whole dead crowd thing is just super weird and interesting to me. Especially considering the team (and Giannis) we have had for a handful of years now after all those dark years of sucking/mediocrity. Sorry if it annoys some of you when I bring it up.

But if you don't think the players and coaches (and everyone in the Bucks org) doesn't notice or care, well, they do. And anyone who has played competitive sports knows how the crowd can "pick you up" during a game.

And then there's the fun factor while attending games. I love going to sporting events when the crowd is engaged instead of just sitting silent on their ass. It makes the whole experience more fun for the fans IMO.

I think it's just a state thing at this point. That's just how Wisconsin fans operate and I don't think there is any way of changing that. There's a reason you have the head coach of the Packers always jumping on the sideline to get the crowd going. Brewers games have dead times too. But, that's not to say there haven't been electric crowds, either.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,778

Post#212 » by jimmybones » Wed Dec 6, 2023 7:25 pm

Daver wrote:
Neuromancer56 wrote:A while back Beasley said Griff had to buy dinner after a win. Now he's doing a little shimmy after his threes and winking at the camera. You can tell the guy is having a good time, and it's good to see his hard work paying off. https://youtu.be/lAGshdMkJGg?si=CrQYPWPwZ11LZ4n1&t=277

Think 1st time in a ling time he ferls wntted.Players seem to like him and he has mentioned how much he likes the city n the team.
First rime in a long time im sure he loves all the open 3s hes getting.This is the perfect place for him playing next to 2 top 75 playerx he would be a idiot to leave this.BTW he still isnt good on D but damn it i give him credit for really trying

read most of this before realizing it wasn't chones
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect
And1: 489

Post#213 » by Ruben Quevedo » Wed Dec 6, 2023 7:29 pm

Bucks currently have a higher adjusted net rating than they did at the end of last season.

I did not expect that.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,778

Post#214 » by jimmybones » Wed Dec 6, 2023 7:33 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Ugh, I'm sick of those entitled fans paying money and driving to a game on a Tuesday.

And yeah it's kind of weird to compare our first playoff run in two decades to a Tuesday night in December after years of contending.

Right. It's just Tuesday crowds that suck. I swear some of you just don't pay attention. And definitely don't pay attention to other NBA arenas and how the crowds are.

I just think it's weird you are directing your anger at the customer. It's like being upset at guy not enjoying his burger. The Bucks are a billion dollar entertainment franchise. They should be held responsible for creating the type of atmosphere they want. Everything is about creating a high-end experience to maximize value:
$18 Mixed Drinks versus $5 24 ounce beers
$15 custom burgers instead of $2 hot dogs that get you back to your seat quicker
Differential food where you walk across the arena to get what you want verus having every stand the same
$75 Bucks quarter zip instead of pushing better fitting free shirts for color games
$100 Rail Seats in areas that were designed to put SRO rowdy fans in
$Sponsorship money Tshirt toss instead of letting fans cheer on the defense
Less seats to charge a premium vs the bigger BC
Club experiences that encourage you to be there instead of in your seats
Prioritizing Corporate Sales over individual sales
Went cheap on the stadium and have long ass bathroom lines
Forcing loud timeout sponsored entertainment during timeouts instead of allowing down time for people to talk when the game isn't on

ETA: And I'm cool with it. We have an insane payroll for a team in Milwaukee despite a lot of people here complaining constantly how cheap our owners are.

This is a 10/10 post.

I don't make it to many games these days but I went to the first playoff game last year and it's a spot on critique at how much energy is put in to getting fans to get excited over a damn shirt after a 3. Do that during timeouts, doing it after your team scores and drawing attention away from the next defensive possession is a conscious choice they are making and it's incredibly stupid. There's so much more the Bucks can do to encourage fan engagement into the actual game and not into carnival tricks.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,807

Post#215 » by bucksfansince88 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 7:38 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:"I thought our crowd was terrific" - Adrian Grffin, taking a very personal shot at VooDoo.

Nobody here has ever said Grief was smart. This just strengthens point. If you're watching this PHO-LAL game, you can clearly see/hear how pathetic our crowd is in comparison. There were times in the 4th quarter where our guys would make a shot, and the crowd literally stayed at the same volume. :lol:

I was at the game last night and I was so pissed when fans left so early, I get that it was a Tuesday night but come on! stay and show some support and love for the team advancing to Vegas, they treated it like a regular tuesday night game in December....maybe the bucks and league can do a better job with marketing the tournament and NBA cup. i've been to games in other arenas and it feels like they pump artificial crowd noise in the arena, not sure about it but definitely felt like that was happening in the United center a few weeks ago when we played the bulls there.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,016

Post#216 » by emunney » Wed Dec 6, 2023 7:52 pm

I heard some "We want the cup" chants.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#217 » by skones » Wed Dec 6, 2023 8:52 pm

Shaffty wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:

That our best players happen to play the exact same positions as in PG Lillard - PG Brunson and PF Giannis - PF Randle. I don't know why I had to point this out. Giannis had 35, 37 were scored on Randle. Lillard and Payne combined for 40. Brunson gave up 36. Coincidence? I think not.

Seems more like, hey, our two All NBA caliber players should just take a bunch of shots more than it is, "YEAH, LETS GO AT THEIR OFFENSIVE BOIS."
JonHeist
Junior
And1: 615

Post#218 » by JonHeist » Wed Dec 6, 2023 9:07 pm

fan230 wrote:I miss the $10 upper level prices at Bradley; used to take the whole family to so many games. Fiserv is modern and the seats are more comfortable.

ReasonablySober wrote:Sounds like the team should lower the prices. Get the real fans back in there. Boost the team's morale when they're feelin' low.

There were literally $10 upper bowl tickets available for yesterday's game if you looked a few hours before the tip.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,340

Post#219 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Dec 6, 2023 9:13 pm

JonHeist wrote:
fan230 wrote:I miss the $10 upper level prices at Bradley; used to take the whole family to so many games. Fiserv is modern and the seats are more comfortable.

ReasonablySober wrote:Sounds like the team should lower the prices. Get the real fans back in there. Boost the team's morale when they're feelin' low.

There were literally $10 upper bowl tickets available for yesterday's game if you looked a few hours before the tip.

Yea I was being sarcastic.
JonHeist
Junior
And1: 615

Post#220 » by JonHeist » Wed Dec 6, 2023 9:15 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Yea I was being sarcastic.

:beer:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks