Bucks vs Pistons 10/08/08 @6:30

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Re: Bucks vs Pistons 10/08/08 @6:30 

Post#221 » by Buck You » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:35 am

The Amir Johnson post was sarcasm. You know how PP hates Amir Johnson and all.. yeah. Anyway PP, who would you rather have on the Bucks, Amir Johnson or Malik Allen? Be honest.
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 967

Post#222 » by ClassicJack » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:58 am

I'm thrilled with what I see from Mbah a Moute(really gonna have to settle on an official nickname for this guy ASAP, btw) on the defensive end. He's as good as advertised as a defender but he is pure garbage on the offensive end. He can't do a damn thing offensively. He's almost Gadz like out there which may be scarier because of his position he would have to touch the ball more than Gadz. Add to that Sessions clearly being incapable of shooting jumpers with his eyes open and the whole not being that good at basketball thing with Alexander - we have some really flawed young players.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,275

Post#223 » by LUKE23 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 3:04 am

Moute is a good passer, not great, but good. He's rushing big time on offense though, both with his shot and trying to create. I think for a 2nd rounder he will prove to be valuable though.

I want to see this team with a full complement of guys. Sessions scored one point, RJ/Alexander/Ridnour/Bell were all out, but the Bucks still were pretty competent on offense in the first half overall. It will be interesting to see what happens when Redd or RJ is seeing the #2 wing defender every night.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#224 » by Newz » Thu Oct 9, 2008 3:13 am

In my opinion we are going to need CV to come off of the bench.

We have pretty much four players who have the ability to score: Redd, Jefferson, Bogut and CV. I don't think we can put all four of those guys in our starting lineup, because a line-up without two of those guys on the floor is going to be totally inept offensively.

I like the Prince's ability to defend, I think he could be of value in the future. Hopefully it is the first of many good John Hammond draft picks. I wouldn't depend on him to give you anything of value in the regular season, but he may be useful against guys like LeBron, Kobe, etc. to at least try and slow them down during parts of the game when Jefferson isn't in.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#225 » by LUKE23 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 3:17 am

I would start CV because he's a better rebounder than Allen is, and we are going to need that unless RJ can get back to his rebounding ways of a couple years ago. Ridnour isn't going to shoot much, there isn't an issue with having four scoring options in the starting five.

I know Allen played well tonight, but he's really a very poor player. If we start him, we are going to be behind at PF every night.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#226 » by Newz » Thu Oct 9, 2008 3:23 am

LUKE23 wrote:I would start CV because he's a better rebounder than Allen is, and we are going to need that unless RJ can get back to his rebounding ways of a couple years ago. Ridnour isn't going to shoot much, there isn't an issue with having four scoring options in the starting five.

I know Allen played well tonight, but he's really a very poor player. If we start him, we are going to be behind at PF every night.

Starting CV wouldn't be THAT bad in my opinion, but we absolutely have to have two of these four players on the floor at all times: Redd, Jefferson, Bogut, CV... Or else we just won't be able to score the ball.

I would just want to start CV on the bench, I think it would be easier on our rotation and putting the proper guys on the floor when the time was right. My line-up to finish the game would always be Bogut, CV, Jefferson, Redd and Ridnour/Sessions depending on who proves to be our best point guard.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,414

Post#227 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 3:29 am

ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:Anyway PP, who would you rather have on the Bucks, Amir Johnson or Malik Allen? Be honest.

I just finished watching the game on Tivo. I'd take Amir over Malik anyday. Amir was very tough inside tonight blocking shots. The most troubling thing for me this game was that we saw typical Bogut. Makes a couple baskets to look good starting the game. Then starts to fade a bit on offense. Amir got in his head (and CV's) down in the post like Dalembert does.

I don't hate Amir, I think he's a good role player and has more upside to go. But when you watch him offensively, he is Gadzuric like. And some nights he's one of the best shotblockers in the league. Other nights they call it closer and he'll foul out. I just fail to see how the Pistons fans project him as the next Jermaine O'Neal as a 20/10/3 type player.

Good game for the Bucks. I liked the new system. I might take Titan up on his $10 bet on Luc Richard v. Joe Alexander. Luc Richard can't hit a shot to save his life, but damn he's active out there. Poor man's Rodman.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#228 » by Buck You » Thu Oct 9, 2008 3:32 am

Yeah.. I got you. Malik Allen is awful though, so there really isn't anyone(except maybe Gadz) that I wouldn't take over him. Johnson just seems so raw, too raw to start. I think if after week one he is not performing he'll be back on the bench.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,414

Post#229 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 3:37 am

I was really encouraged by what I saw tonight.

Redd playing within the system. Not forcing anything.

Malik Allen basically taking what the Pistons gave him.

CV played a good CV game. A few mental lapses but ok. He just needs to consistently play like this 4 out of every 6 games or 5 of 7. Whether he can do that is another issue.

We moved the ball around a lot.

Luc Richard just makes good things happen.

The Pistons just wanted this more. They played all their key guys, who by the way have now been together 87 years. Their guys played hard. We played hard but didn't have the horses.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#230 » by Buck You » Thu Oct 9, 2008 3:42 am

Lol. I just saw the highlights. Mbah Moute threw the ball to Malik Allen who was on the sideline getting ready to come into the game. :lol: Gadzuric then threw a bounce pass to no one. Hahaha.
SidTheMan4
Junior
And1: 78

Post#231 » by SidTheMan4 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 4:06 am

Watched the game tonight and here are my thoughts

- Every pre season game in any sport should be at no charge to the people in attendance

- Dan Gadzuric does not belong on my rec league team. Please nobody throw him the ball.

- Allen will be a decent player with Ridnour, Redd, RJ and Bogut on the floor.

- 2 of Bogut, Jefferson, Redd, Villanueva better be on the floor at all times or we won't score in a whorehouse with a fistful of 100's.

- Sessions will get no playing time. Can't stop anyone and cant shoot. Lue is much better.

- Did not need this game to figure all of this out!
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#232 » by trwi7 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 4:07 am

SidTheMan4 wrote:- 2 of Bogut, Jefferson, Redd, Villanueva better be on the floor at all times or we won't score in a whorehouse with a fistful of 100's.

:rofl:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,635

Post#233 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Oct 9, 2008 4:22 am

The thing that jumps off of the box score at me is the minutes that a top 6 rotation played for both teams. We only had 3 starters play, and they had all 5 of theirs play extended minutes (I don't buy Amir Johnson being a starter). Skiles put in our real team for about a half of play. It showed. I would like to see them play 100%.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,966

Post#234 » by stellation » Thu Oct 9, 2008 5:52 am

SidTheMan4 wrote:- 2 of Bogut, Jefferson, Redd, Villanueva better be on the floor at all times or we won't score in a whorehouse with a fistful of 100's.

Yeah, but at least with Simmons gone they'll let us in the door.
#FreeChuckDiesel
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#235 » by steger_3434 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 11:04 am

I hope through the rest of the preseason Skiles plays our main guys the majority of the minutes. Skiles' Bulls teams were notorious for coming out of the gate horrible. If this team starts out like that good bye season. Get the guys playing the preseason like the regular season and maybe when the actual season starts we'll be in a good flow.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,671

Post#236 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu Oct 9, 2008 11:30 am

paulpressey25 wrote:I was really encouraged by what I saw tonight.

Redd playing within the system. Not forcing anything.

Malik Allen basically taking what the Pistons gave him.

CV played a good CV game. A few mental lapses but ok. He just needs to consistently play like this 4 out of every 6 games or 5 of 7. Whether he can do that is another issue.

We moved the ball around a lot.

Luc Richard just makes good things happen.

The Pistons just wanted this more. They played all their key guys, who by the way have now been together 87 years. Their guys played hard. We played hard but didn't have the horses.

Yep. I felt the same encouragement. A few things I'd add to your list...

I hope that anybody who complained about preseason intensity watched this game. Both teams played hard, pardon the cliche`. Pretty fun game to watch.

Tyrone Lue can give us a Mo Williams style game off of the bench, with better defense. I think he is a great pickup and said so in his acquisition thread.

I've never seen Bogut that loudly vocal in his direction of the team defense. He looks less confused, overall. And, I actually expected his inside shots to go down, and they did. One complaint, is that he was still hesitating on mid-range jumpers.

Speaking of team defense, I think they did an excellent job in the first half, but the intensity and focus waned a little in the second. One interesting thing to note, is that Malik Allen was directing the team with Bogut out of the game.

I thought the offensive pace and style was very nice. Push the ball, pass the ball, move off the ball. Jefferson should fit in really well in this style. One thing I hope Skiles does, is design plays so that Redd/Jefferson/Villanueva get open off the ball, in the corner, for quick catch and shoot 3's. I'm also hoping that the Prince can add that shot.

I don't understand why people are dumping on Gadzuric's performance. He played 100 times better than Fransisco Elson. Gadz was very solid, and under control.

Luc Richard just makes good things happen. I'll second that. He is quickly becoming my favorite player on this team. Both he and Sessions looked a little nervous and out of control out there, but give them some time and they'll both be just fine.

Overall, the team looks like they know what they are doing. A vast improvement over last season. I can't wait to see the full team together at last.

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,200

Post#237 » by midranger » Thu Oct 9, 2008 12:48 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:Overall, the team looks like they know what they are doing. A vast improvement over last season.

Just wait until Kohl makes them change their offense midseason for one he finds more aesthetically pleasing.

That's about when it fell apart last year.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,200

Post#238 » by midranger » Thu Oct 9, 2008 12:49 pm

Sounds like this game went somewhat better?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,352

Post#239 » by crkone » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:06 pm

I would not change the way minutes are distributed for a few more games or at least give the young ones the same amount of playing time against the vets of the other teams. They need as much playing experience as possible if Alexander and Sessions are going to contribute. Barring how Ridnour looks, I believe Sessions will be the third PG until he gets half a season under his belt to calm him down and let the game come to him. LRMAM looks good defensively and will be pretty good in this league once he can get good time with a developmental coach. He doesn't even have to have good ball handling skills, just make open jump shots and be able to make a shot in traffic. Lue looked pretty good and can be that scorer off the bench we need to complement one or two of the starters when the bench comes in. Malik was on fire. He is money from that mid-range spot. Gadz started off playing well and then tailed off as the game went on. He didn't look as lost as usual. CV played great and kept their PFs out of the game. Overall we played a great game and had the lead even with a 3rd string PG and 3rd or 4th string SF in the starting lineup.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#240 » by LUKE23 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:34 pm

Gadzuric played well? Haha. I have to ask what game you were watching. In the 14 minutes he played, he airballed two of his three shot attempts (both were within 5 feet) and also threw a no look pass to nobody that went out of bounds. Gadzuric looks just as confused as he always does, and still cannot convert anything other than a dunk (although he did have one nice baseline hook). If Gadzuric plays at all this season, we are in trouble (same goes for Elson, he really stinks).

Return to Milwaukee Bucks