ImageImage

PG Utah: Great Third Quarter!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ANTETOKOUNBROS
Starter
And1: 1,619

Re: PG Utah: Great Third Quarter! 

Post#241 » by ANTETOKOUNBROS » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:11 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:The dark humor in me would laugh quite hard if Doc Rivers were helicoptered in.

Unfortunately, the one of the actual remaining options, has a championship pedigree and respect. His habit of blowing series leads is not encouraging though.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,192

Post#242 » by MissKhriddleton » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:37 pm

ANTETOKOUNBROS wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:The dark humor in me would laugh quite hard if Doc Rivers were helicoptered in.

Unfortunately, the one of the actual remaining options, has a championship pedigree and respect. His habit of blowing series leads is not encouraging though.

Would be nice to have a series lead to blow at this point.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,323

Post#243 » by fan230 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:37 pm

Maybe Horst is talking to Bud. If that fails he will try others. If we don’t have someone fixed up for a job offer, we shouldn’t fire ag I feel. That is a mistake that the Bucks did; firing Bud without a potential new job offer replacement in mind.
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 710

Post#244 » by ColeWorld23 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:39 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:Bobby's most important role right now is going to be calling for Griffin's head. The rest of the team is too passive and will be content to hum along to a first round exit. Giannis will internalize everything and focus on winning MVP. After Griffin is axed, then you can move Bobby if the opportunity presents itself.

Giannis literally called out the team on Saturday night and his post game press conference yesterday said a lot.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach

Post#245 » by MissKhriddleton » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:41 pm

Horst talking to Bud is a joke. Bud considering a return is also a joke. You guys realize we fired him 8 months ago? That bridge is more than burned for so many reasons.

What would happen if Bud were to get swept by the Pacers in the first round? Fire him again?
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 710

Post#246 » by ColeWorld23 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:41 pm

fan230 wrote:Maybe Horst is talking to Bud. If that fails he will try others. If we don’t have someone fixed up for a job offer, we shouldn’t fire ag I feel. That is a mistake that the Bucks did; firing Bud without a potential new job offer replacement in mind.

The Bucks should’ve been on the Ime train once they realized Bud would be gone during the Heat series.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach

Post#247 » by MissKhriddleton » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:44 pm

ColeWorld23 wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:Bobby's most important role right now is going to be calling for Griffin's head. The rest of the team is too passive and will be content to hum along to a first round exit. Giannis will internalize everything and focus on winning MVP. After Griffin is axed, then you can move Bobby if the opportunity presents itself.

Giannis literally called out the team on Saturday night and his post game press conference yesterday said a lot.

He literally called out the team, but also called out the equipment manager and pussy footed around calling out the coach. Bobby might put hands on AG.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,767

Post#248 » by chonestown » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:46 pm

DingleJerry wrote:I know none of us are huge fans but at this point I think the best realistic move would be Rivers HC and Stotts as an assistant. Sure Rivers showed he's not a top 5 coach type but he's also proven he is a good coach, well respected, not an idiot. Bot these guys seem to be in the right age/situation to take on a short term commitment then sort it out after season type of thing. To hopefully avoid giving out another 4 year contract. A quirk I thought of though is if there is anything in Docs Phi contract where he gives up free money if he takes another hc job type thing.

He ain't wrong
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#249 » by pifhluk23 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 9:04 pm

I'd take Doc/Stotts for the rest of the year easy. They can play 1v1 for who gets the Head Coach office.
BucksRule18
Senior
And1: 360

Post#250 » by BucksRule18 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 9:12 pm

fan230 wrote:Maybe Horst is talking to Bud. If that fails he will try others. If we don’t have someone fixed up for a job offer, we shouldn’t fire ag I feel. That is a mistake that the Bucks did; firing Bud without a potential new job offer replacement in mind.

I'm willing to take that chance. Maybe get PJ Tucker on a buyout from the Clippers and hire him as our interim head coach. I'm sure that at the very least our defense will improve.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,418

Post#251 » by MiltownHawkeye » Tue Jan 9, 2024 9:19 pm

I can totally see the argument that firing AG and replacing him with Prunty or some other joker might actually leave us worse off. It'd be hard for a newer coach to be worse in terms of scheme, but if we get someone else similarly incompetent we might just lose this locker room/Giannis/Dame for good.

It just makes it all the more irritating that people who were calling for AG's firing within the first few weeks were called "reactionaries" and told to "wait and see" or whatever the **** as if there's no opportunity cost or risk involved with letting someone who has shown zero competence as a rookie coach continue to coach a contender into January.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#252 » by mediocrityrules » Tue Jan 9, 2024 9:23 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:I'd take Doc/Stotts for the rest of the year easy. They can play 1v1 for who gets the Head Coach office.

At this stage I'll take anyone that has a proven record as a HC to at least coach out the season.
Circling calendars since 2021
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,749

Post#253 » by yannisk » Tue Jan 9, 2024 9:33 pm

Forget Bud, this is not realistic. Not even in Greece that some owners fire/hire 3 coaches per year have i seen a coach return so soon after being fired.

Check if we can poach Atkinson if not sign Stotts till the end of the year. If we cannot sign Stotts give a short contract to whoever is available, we will not get worse. Sign Nash for all I care, he was dealt a bad hand with all the primadonnas in Brooklyn
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,005

Post#254 » by soxperry » Tue Jan 9, 2024 9:37 pm

I was watching Boston versus Indiana last night and, I know the Pacers ended up winning, but there seemed to be a pretty big difference in Indiana's ability to get shots up in the paint versus porzingis compared to against Brook. Like night and day. Porzingis had them looking absolutely ugly while Brook is almost inconsequential.

So based on that 5 minute span, I'm proposing that we trade Brook and just go Giannis at the five
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#255 » by mediocrityrules » Tue Jan 9, 2024 9:55 pm

soxperry wrote:I was watching Boston versus Indiana last night and, I know the Pacers ended up winning, but there seemed to be a pretty big difference in Indiana's ability to get shots up in the paint versus porzingis compared to against Brook. Like night and day. Porzingis had them looking absolutely ugly while Brook is almost inconsequential.

So based on that 5 minute span, I'm proposing that we trade Brook and just go Giannis at the five

I know the post was half in jest, but Brook is just not been utilized correctly this season which is exposing him in positions on the court where he just should not be.

I think Giannis would be in foul trouble by halftime every time he had to defend big centers in the post if he was our starting C. It's one defensive assignment that he's not the best at. We need Brook, we just need Giannis to be more of a help defender than he's obviously not been this season, and for our guards to work harder at funneling players into Brook, instead of getting blown by and allowing a simple PnR around Brook.
Circling calendars since 2021
MuckyFingers
Junior
And1: 180

Post#256 » by MuckyFingers » Tue Jan 9, 2024 10:16 pm

LittleRooster wrote:I get kidd was in his 4th season, but he was fired on Jan. 22nd. I’m holding out hope and that horst would try to bring in Atkinson or somehow convince Stotts to come back. There’s no way bud would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Griffin is fired, Prunty will be the interim head coach for the rest of the year. The only possible scenario where someone not on staff would be coach is Stotts, and that chance is close to zero. Speaking of zero, that is the percentage chance that Bud is ever the coach of the Bucks ever again. It’s bizarre that some people think this is even remotely plausible.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#257 » by DingleJerry » Tue Jan 9, 2024 10:24 pm

MuckyFingers wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:I get kidd was in his 4th season, but he was fired on Jan. 22nd. I’m holding out hope and that horst would try to bring in Atkinson or somehow convince Stotts to come back. There’s no way bud would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Griffin is fired, Prunty will be the interim head coach for the rest of the year. The only possible scenario where someone not on staff would be coach is Stotts, and that chance is close to zero. Speaking of zero, that is the percentage chance that Bud is ever the coach of the Bucks ever again. It’s bizarre that some people think this is even remotely plausible.

I know its rare and what you said is usually the route that goes down. But it is not unheard of. Just last year Atlanta did it (Mcmillian had 29-30 record) and they brought in Snider in February. Guess who the in between coach was? Prunty.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,151

Post#258 » by BMatt07 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 10:24 pm

Maybe Phoenix fires Frank Vogel and we can swoop in. I have zero confidence in Griffin whatsoever at this point.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#259 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 9, 2024 10:28 pm

BigO wrote:rebounding is a huge part of defense.

You keep saying this and it doesn't get any truer. Is it a part, sure, but calling it a "huge part of defense" is absolutely fictional. The leading rebounder in the entire league right now is a terrible overall defender. Andre Drummond has come back and proven he's still maybe the best rebounder in the league after being benched for years for being a terrible defender. Julius Randle, Nikola Vucevic, Christian Wood, go back to guys like Enes Kanter, Kenneth Faried, Montrezl Harrell, David Lee, the list goes on and on. You can be absolutely great at rebounding the ball and not have any positive defensive impact.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#260 » by DingleJerry » Tue Jan 9, 2024 10:30 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
BigO wrote:rebounding is a huge part of defense.

You keep saying this and it doesn't get any truer. Is it a part, sure, but calling it a "huge part of defense" is absolutely fictional. The leading rebounder in the entire league right now is a terrible overall defender. Andre Drummond has come back and proven he's still maybe the best rebounder in the league after being benched for years for being a terrible defender. Julius Randle, Nikola Vucevic, Christian Wood, go back to guys like Enes Kanter, Kenneth Faried, Montrezl Harrell, David Lee, the list goes on and on. You can be absolutely great at rebounding the ball and not have any positive defensive impact.

Individually yes. But I would assume team rebounding rate usually has a correlation to good D though.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks