ImageImage

PG Clippers - No Giannis, No Middleton, No Problem - Bucks win 6th straight

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,216

Re: PG Clippers - No Giannis, No Middleton, No Problem - Bucks win 6th straight 

Post#241 » by BigO » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:33 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:This was a hella fun win and felt like a classic, old Bud era "system victory". Bobby and Pat looking like playable rotation guys is entirely due to coaching putting them in a structure that isn't absolute chaos like it was under Griffin, in addition to bringing in an elite communicator/energy guy in Pat Bev. But the Bobby and Pat lineup numbers pre-Doc weren't some cherry picked nonsense stats. Those guys were legit awful and Bobby was literally tanking every lineup he was in.

We're all breathing a sigh of relief cuz that's the power of even competent coaching over absolute trainwreck coaching. Both guys' usefulness and future on this team is all ultimately gonna come down to how they look in the playoffs though. At least now we have plenty of options to throw out there (Crowder, Pat Bev, Gallo, Green) in case Beas, Pat, or Bobby ain't cutting it.

You can keep looking at your stats to build your narrative and I'll watch the games.

I detailed and you confirmed in your post that Bobby was misused. Then you double down on how bad he was, as if he has suddenly changed now. He is the same player he was before.

If you really thought that the coach was the problem, which it was, you wouldn't have pushed trading Bobby for a nobody.

Bobby was told to play way out on the perimeter. Not only isn't he built to do that, but it hindered one of his biggest assets, which is rebounding. On offense, they posted him up (which is fine), but everyone stood around and watched, instead of creating space and moving.

Bobby has flaws, which coaches need to take into account. When they do, he's a valuable asset. Will he be as effective in the playoffs? Probably not, as teams concentrate on players weaknesses. But he's still a good player.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#242 » by buckboy » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:35 pm

jute2003 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:This was a hella fun win and felt like a classic, old Bud era "system victory". Bobby and Pat looking like playable rotation guys is entirely due to coaching putting them in a structure that isn't absolute chaos like it was under Griffin, in addition to bringing in an elite communicator/energy guy in Pat Bev. But the Bobby and Pat lineup numbers pre-Doc weren't some cherry picked nonsense stats. Those guys were legit awful and Bobby was literally tanking every lineup he was in.

We're all breathing a sigh of relief cuz that's the power of even competent coaching over absolute trainwreck coaching. Both guys' usefulness and future on this team is all ultimately gonna come down to how they look in the playoffs though. At least now we have plenty of options to throw out there (Crowder, Pat Bev, Gallo, Green) in case Beas, Pat, or Bobby ain't cutting it.
Seriously, Bobby and planetpat were poop for most of the season. It's not nitpicking. It's not a vendetta. They were straight up awful. Them not being poop recently is a big reason why the team has been better overall. This shouldn't be controversial.

Agree. And it's very possible (probable) that Griffin was most of the reason.

Both things can be (are) true.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,195

Post#243 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:38 pm

BigO wrote:

You can keep looking at your stats to build your narrative and I'll watch the games.

I detailed and you confirmed in your post that Bobby was misused. Then you double down on how bad he was, as if he has suddenly changed now. He is the same player he was before.

If you really thought that the coach was the problem, which it was, you wouldn't have pushed trading Bobby for a nobody.

Bobby was told to play way out on the perimeter. Not only isn't he built to do that, but it hindered one of his biggest assets, which is rebounding. On offense, they posted him up (which is fine), but everyone stood around and watched, instead of creating space and moving.

Bobby has flaws, which coaches need to take into account. When they do, he's a valuable asset. Will he be as effective in the playoffs? Probably not, as teams concentrate on players weaknesses. But he's still a good player.

Look, we'll all let you have this one so long as you stop doubling down on the Bud stuff and finally just take the L. Deal?
kanyon
Junior
And1: 232

Post#244 » by kanyon » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:47 pm

Great win. Bad shooting night for Beas but he had some good hustle plays on D. PatBev and Bobby had excellent games.

Great late game deep 3 from Dairy Hughes.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,743

Post#245 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:48 pm

Ruben Quevedo wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
We’re ready. Lay it on us.

I've done my 'Doctors don't want you to know this one trick' intro, haven't I :lol:

Reality is that it's possible to hang around for some time. An acute Achilles is very debilitating in the initial stages, such as Giannis is in now. I could see him missing back to backs. He will probably play through discomfort for the next few weeks - this will improve as he warms up, but he will be visibly affected and will be rubbish post game. They will probably 'fix' it over the offseason. It's probably a consequence of his heavy recent workload, potentially even slightly related to his chronic knee tendinopathy.

Some sub groups of achilles issues may still be injected into the paratenon (not the tendon itself) but it's unlikely to be this variety this early (nothing's impossible though).

He will be on isometric exercises (thanks Skinner) and every possible conservative treatment known to sport. crkone mentioned heel raises, they will absolutely be doing this Then onto some heavy/slow loading. Plyometric loads (jumping/running - i.e. entire sport of basketball) are known aggravators so generally left until pain is under control.

He will be fine, but maybe look pretty terrible for even a few weeks. I have loads of faith in the medical team and magical Giannis healing though.

So is this is an injury that will linger throughout the rest of the season, or can he both play through it and be 100% for the playoffs?

I dealt with Achilles tendonitis on my left foot for about a year recently and it wasn't until I got a couple of new pairs of sports soles that things started to improve. I definitely need both cold and hot compresses after doing any sort of running/hooping as well as consistent stretching to keep the tendon loose and regulate swelling. When I played pickup ball I would wear medium strength ankle braces as an extra layer of protection and generally my heel would be okay while playing but would be sore as a bastard for about 1-2 days. I would say once I got the new soles and started also wearing athletic flip-flops at home, ensuring I was never barefoot, I started to see great improvement over 2-3 months and now it's pretty much gone.

I would guess they're going to keep Gianni out for a few games and have him limit his exercise routine to a minimum. Obviously, he's a peak level athlete getting world-class treatment so I don't think this will be something to linger in the long-term. Wait and see I guess.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,046

Post#246 » by Ryan5UW » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:56 pm

Read on Twitter
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,194

Post#247 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:01 pm

jute2003 wrote:

Seriously, Bobby and planetpat were poop for most of the season. It's not nitpicking. It's not a vendetta. They were straight up awful. Them not being poop recently is a big reason why the team has been better overall. This shouldn't be controversial.

Fair enough. But out of the hundreds or thousands of negative "washed" "trade for a bag of balls" posts about two integral pieces to our CHAMPIONSHIP core, reminder we don't win a title without Pat or Bobby, rarely did the qualifier "but Griff" exist after the extreme criticism. So sure, both can be true, I guess, but role players need to be put in their proper roles to succeed. This wasn't situation where a high usage guy had obviously lost a step, two, or three, and his skills were no longer applicable a la Brandon Jennings or Mike Redd. This was a case of role players playing out of position on both ends of the floor.

And don't even get me started on the Dame vitriol. "just wants to party" "strippers" "get what you can for him at the deadline" when we all knew exactly what was going on with his personal life. Add a little Adrian Griffin ineptitude to that already fragile situation and you're most likely not going to get the best of Dame.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,194

Post#248 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:02 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol:
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,529

Post#249 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:05 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
BigO wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
I mean Bobby played like absolute **** for a solid 3 months

Was wondering whether I should let this go, but I just can't.

Yeah, you probably should.
Big O. We all acknowledge the coaching change has immediately improved how Pat and Bobby are playing. That doesn't change how bad they were. Both can be true.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,529

Post#250 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:08 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:
Read on Twitter
Dude is funny af.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,418

Post#251 » by MiltownHawkeye » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:12 pm

chonestown wrote:bucks win and board can barely mustard a dozen pages for the post game threat smh

cuts down on the amount of ketchup I need to do
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,216

Post#252 » by BigO » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:14 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
BigO wrote:

Look, we'll all let you have this one so long as you stop doubling down on the Bud stuff and finally just take the L. Deal?

The deal is I won't mention Bud, but I won't concede what I said in the past about his flaws.
Now I may relapse if there is ongoing discussion about bringing back Bud, so lets stay on top of that.

Now that's done, maybe they can send the two of us to the Middle East.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,951

Post#253 » by Perishable517 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:17 pm

midranger wrote:
Swan Vox wrote:Potty Beltass. There, you’re welcome.

Bevis and Beltass
Oh this may be it.

Sent from my CPH2417 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#254 » by Profound23 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:21 pm

kanyon wrote:Great win. Bad shooting night for Beas but he had some good hustle plays on D. PatBev and Bobby had excellent games.

Great late game deep 3 from Dairy Hughes.

My favorite play of the game was watching Dame get fouled on the offensive end, not complain, get back and jump in the passing lane, then defend the corner three, forcing a bad pass from Kawhi...Beasley with the steal and a bucket.

That 3 from Green was huge.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,951

Post#255 » by Perishable517 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:22 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter
Wow.

I guess I would have thought doing this was common practice?

Sent from my CPH2417 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,627

Post#256 » by PG Graveyard » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:40 pm

I want to hang out with Bev. He’s hilarious
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,514

Post#257 » by HKPackFan » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:56 pm

Not only was pbev individual D amazing, but to see him out there communicating and moving people around the floor getting them into their spots or switches is so encouraging.

The D is fun to watch now!

And I repeat.... Let dame cook!
#FreeChuckDiesel
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#258 » by -Jragon- » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:59 pm

https://youtu.be/XHLcnR1yB8o?si=rV_HH78dlnnNlraa

This is why Dame needs to bring up the ball late in games. He's like a computer studying and toying with the defense all game so he knows exactly what they will do in the 4th quarter he will beat them. This is a huge contrast to our last few years of Jrue, GA and KM just hoping to get it to our side without charging or getting ripped on the traps.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,007

Post#259 » by emunney » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:13 pm

buckboy wrote:
jute2003 wrote:

Agree. And it's very possible (probable) that Griffin was most of the reason.

Both things can be (are) true.

It's great that they're playing better now. I think we have to consider that both versions are real, with the Doc version representing an amplification of their strengths and the Griff version, their weaknesses. Going to be an ongoing challenge that will really ramp up once teams are able to prepare. I don't think their weaknesses could have made been more prominent, though, even if that was the goal. If they're making shots, should be fine.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,778

Post#260 » by jimmybones » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:47 pm

Can we give Doc some props for playing Green over Pat down the stretch? Better shooter, better defender, better ball handler. I really hope that kid gets a shot at making a shortened playoff rotation. Let's start building his confidence, kid can play.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks