Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,261

Re: PG Indy - Doris and Reggie Love it, LOVE IT 

Post#301 » by Sigra » Fri Dec 8, 2023 5:54 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:What happens in Vegas is hardly a reason to fire the coach. Lillard in his presser alluded to the atmosphere in the arena being like USAB or Summer League, and he was right. It was strange and unsettling to have a half-filled arena and a bunch of neutral fans. They should have played through it, but they couldn't force the Pacers into the half-court game in which the Bucks had an overwhelming advantage often enough.

The Pacers are a hot team with a fast break game that is befuddling everybody. For now. The league will catch up, and the cream will rise to the top. Not a time for billboards and blubbering.

Think you’re missing the point. For most of this season, the team doesn’t look like it knows what it’s doing out there. On defense and on offense.

We win because we have TWO of the top SIX scorers in the entire league last year on our team. And one of them is a former 2x MVP and DPOY. A coach like Chauncey Gardner can roll the ball out on the court, and this team will get wins by osmosis with that talent.

We could have John Wooden, Dr. Jack Ramsay, and James Naismith on the sideline and still not go undefeated. Nor could a basketball mastermind prevent Middleton from bouncing the ball off Brook's head when attempting a pass to him, or many of the other awkward things that occurred on the bright blue court.

My point is not that we don't occasionally look lost, unpurposeful and badly spaced. It's that the adjustment period is called an adjustment period because it is characterized by those things.

This team is not perfect, but as you point out it is immensely talented. When the snow that is yet to come starts melting into gray slush on 4th Street, I predict your anxiety level will be much lower.

Nope. This is not going to work. This coach with this players. We will need to change coach or to change half of players including Lopez and Middleton. You will see and when you do you will admit that you were wrong. We are not adjusting anything.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,086

Post#302 » by German Athens » Fri Dec 8, 2023 6:00 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:I got a bridge to sell you guys who think Bud is a possibility.

Yeah, the Bud thing is never happening. If they want to get some of that Bud structure back, they probably should have hired Charles Lee. He might have had a better chance of keeping this team doing what it does best, while also taking into consideration different adjustments that Bud stubbornly ignored.

What I don't get, is Griffin and Horst had all summer to adjust the roster a bit better for the way Griffin wants to run things, but instead he's just neutering all our good defensive players for what they do best and they look all discombobulated. The roster needs changes for this to work, or the coach needs to go if he can't understand how to use his guys.

Emunney had a great observation awhile back about the difference between when Bud got hired and when Griff got hired.

Bud immediately got his players in, and was set to succeed in his vision. Whereas Griff clearly hasn’t been set up in the same way.

The conclusion kinda being, if that was the plan, then why hire this guy?
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,086

Post#303 » by German Athens » Fri Dec 8, 2023 6:21 pm

Starting a “We want Kenny” chant when the warriors come to town would be the most disrespectful thing the bucks crowd has done since when?
tsamo
Junior
And1: 212

Post#304 » by tsamo » Fri Dec 8, 2023 6:28 pm

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure a coach change is what this team needs, at least at this point in time.
Oh there is a problem there, don't get me wrong, but the hustle is just not there for a lot of players.

You can't have Giannis and Lopez being the hustle players and then you see Beasley or Dame give up on plays that turn into points for the opponent in seconds, possession after possession.

I remember yesterday Doris commenting on why Giannis did not try and contest/block a 4 second basket like it was his fault, while Giannis had to shoulder the load on offense and defense and trying to block that, almost gifted basket as not even one player tried to impede him, would probably give him an extra foul and they would make their free throws anyway.

Also, if we ever went with a coach change, I feel a Euro coach could do wonders with this team. Some egos need to be taken down a peg anyway.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,192

Post#305 » by MissKhriddleton » Fri Dec 8, 2023 6:34 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
Read on Twitter

Really starting to gain traction. This is good, very good.

If this was a random December game and not the IST no one is talking about this nearly as much.
Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 271

Post#306 » by Karsenmitsche » Fri Dec 8, 2023 6:37 pm

German Athens wrote:Starting a “We want Kenny” chant when the warriors come to town would be the most disrespectful thing the bucks crowd has done since when?

would be quite genius actually
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,789

Post#307 » by JayMKE » Fri Dec 8, 2023 6:47 pm

Losing Stephen A def makes me raise an eyebrow, he was on of the guys I would have expected to be critical if he saw us firing Griffin too hastily so maybe things are gaining traction.
FREE GIANNIS
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,627

Post#308 » by PG Graveyard » Fri Dec 8, 2023 6:50 pm

JayMKE wrote:Losing Stephen A def makes me raise an eyebrow, he was on of the guys I would have expected to be critical if he saw us firing Griffin to hastily so maybe things are gaining traction.

It looks to me like the national media is using this as a chance to draw controversy and try to get back to talking about when Giannis is going to leave. That’s the only time they want to talk about the Bucks. However if Giannis doesn’t believe in Griff he can make that call any time he wants to.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,775

Post#309 » by DanoMac » Fri Dec 8, 2023 7:01 pm

Hire Redick (half kidding)
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,761

Post#310 » by msiris » Fri Dec 8, 2023 7:03 pm

Need a coach who won't try to ram round pegs into square holes.
Ride the tank
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,162

Post#311 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Dec 8, 2023 7:06 pm

DanoMac wrote:Hire Redick (half kidding)

Reusing the joke I made that got buried in the game thread:
"I would trade Marjon for current version JJ Redick"
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,947

Post#312 » by fansinceforever » Fri Dec 8, 2023 7:21 pm

With the national media now openly discussing the team's disorganization and calling out AG, I think the topic deserves it's own thread.

Also, I think this is the middle of the end for AG.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,807

Post#313 » by bucksfansince88 » Fri Dec 8, 2023 7:36 pm

DanoMac wrote:Hire Redick (half kidding)

didnt he interview with us and toronto?
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#314 » by buckboy » Fri Dec 8, 2023 7:38 pm

Fire Griffin, hire Stotts.

Today. Right now.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,033

Post#315 » by Prez » Fri Dec 8, 2023 7:59 pm

I’ll believe they’ll fire Griffin (which they definitely should do) this season when I see it. National media is really starting to talk about it now which is meaningful but the optics of it are still probably too tough for Horst/ownership to pull the trigger now, unless the behind the scenes stuff is even worse than it seems.

Problem is Giannis/Dame are still gonna muscle their way to wins for the foreseeable future and our record is going to look pretty enough for the same “we’re X-Y and we haven’t even figured it all out yet!” bull **** to keep being pushed, while the same problems persist but it becomes too late to make the change midseason.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,113

Post#316 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Dec 8, 2023 8:14 pm

Prez wrote:I’ll believe they’ll fire Griffin (which they definitely should do) this season when I see it. National media is really starting to talk about it now which is meaningful but the optics of it are still probably too tough for Horst/ownership to pull the trigger now, unless the behind the scenes stuff is even worse than it seems.

Problem is Giannis/Dame are still gonna muscle their way to wins for the foreseeable future and our record is going to look pretty enough for the same “we’re X-Y and we haven’t even figured it all out yet!” bull **** to keep being pushed, while the same problems persist but it becomes too late to make the change midseason.

agree. all the fire griffin talk is a waste of time this year imo. like who would we even hire and does an interim role make us better anyway?

that said maybe the only way that would be wrong is if there is something going on behind the scenes that we cant see. certainly i feel like there was more to the stotts story than we ever read so maybe if thats in play and the guys are all openly attacking him, eventually each other, etc in the media then maybe that could trigger something
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,226

Post#317 » by FrieAaron » Fri Dec 8, 2023 8:24 pm

Prez wrote:I’ll believe they’ll fire Griffin (which they definitely should do) this season when I see it. National media is really starting to talk about it now which is meaningful but the optics of it are still probably too tough for Horst/ownership to pull the trigger now, unless the behind the scenes stuff is even worse than it seems.

Agree and like I mentioned earlier in the season, the nightmare scenario is things are bad enough behind the scenes that Dame is disgruntled and wants out before his contract is even up.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,205

Post#318 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Dec 8, 2023 8:42 pm

Next game can't come soon enough and it's still more than 3-days away. I'm gonna do a hard stop at the "This team can't win a championship with Griff" or even "it's a long-shot that we win a title" vibes though. That's a bridge too far.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#319 » by mediocrityrules » Fri Dec 8, 2023 8:57 pm

- How can we be executing plays down the stretch where the guys on the court don't know what's going on?
- How many times do we see opponents with wide-open shots because our defense is confused as to where they need to be?
- How many times will we have our bigs guarding the perimeter and our guards caught in the paint guarding their bigs?
- How often will we lose the rebounding count, specifically because we are giving up way too many offensive boards to opponents, and therefore second-chance points (we'd win yesterday if we could just secure the boards in the last 3 minutes)?
- How often does our bench get completely outplayed by the opposition bench (forcing Griffin into longer minutes for our starters)?

We see scenarios like this play out every single game, and yet there is no evidence showing that we're working on getting it out of our game. It's almost like Griffin is doubling down.
Circling calendars since 2021
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 868

Post#320 » by Epicurus » Fri Dec 8, 2023 9:02 pm

When Dame went to the Bucks, I emailed someone then with the Bucks " I say fire the offensive coordinator if this Bucks team averages less the 160 pts. per game." He agreed.

My point related to this topic is the amount of Pacer points didn't surprise me, but the paucity of Buck's points against the defensive mediocre Pacers did. The offense is not close to maximizing the offensive firepower, even when it reaches 120 pts.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks