ImageImage

PG Pacers - Giannis Giannis Giannis!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Re: PG Pacers - Giannis Giannis Giannis! 

Post#301 » by jute2003 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:40 pm

I think everyone ends up looking like immature babies with the ball thing. I understand the frustration on getting your ass kicked and the annoyance of the other team being bitches with the game ball but responses and responses to the responses were stupid.
only a fan, only an opinion
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,157

Post#302 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:42 pm

Jesus... i remembered the Jan 1 game, but forget we play them Jan 3 as well. lol this will be fun
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,784

Post#303 » by Pacers_Freak » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:42 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
Plus it felt like Carlisle trying to pull one over on the Bucks by yanking his starters with 6 minutes left. Thats an eternity. Props to Griffin for not falling for it. I know he had to bring the guys back in anyway but still.

Maybe... I don't think so. I think it was more they were down 22, had zero chance of getting stops to get back in the game. They are in the middle of playing 6 games in 10 days away from home including a back to back this weekend. I think it was a white flag we can't come back and I can get these guys some rest. Possible there was more to it, we'll never know but that was my reaction live.

Yeah I don't know either. Just felt early and bait-y. Either way, Griffin did the right thing.

I agree with that. Hell in hindsight he pulled his guys a little too early, because he had to bring them back in. Zero problem with what Griffin did, in high school ball there is running up the score. When you get above that level there is no such thing. Even if he was "running it up" the Pacers had it coming.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#304 » by -Jragon- » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:48 pm

Was a little surprised, since Dame isn't known for defense, that he was vocally upset at KM, Marjon, and Beas on different defensive possessions - maybe something to keep an eye on. Dame was pretty locked in and ready to get revenge on Indy.

Congrats Giannis on smashing that record, Dame for top 5 and the team for finally beating the Pacers!
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#305 » by DingleJerry » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:51 pm

-Jragon- wrote:Was a little surprised, since Dame isn't known for defense, that he was vocally upset at KM, Marjon, and Beas on different defensive possessions - maybe something to keep an eye on. Dame was pretty locked in and ready to get revenge on Indy.

Congrats Giannis on smashing that record, Dame for top 5 and the team for finally beating the Pacers!

Yea I noticed Dame's attention/effort on D was noticeably up last night. Basically played D like he does late game for the whole game.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,219

Post#306 » by BigO » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:52 pm

On a different note, I can imagine myself and other posters if the Bucks had let an opposing player walk thru the paint over and over and over for layups. I'd be so pissed at Griffin, I'd have to check out. Carlisle may be a good coach, but that was embarrassing defense.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,649

Post#307 » by Profound23 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:55 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
Plus it felt like Carlisle trying to pull one over on the Bucks by yanking his starters with 6 minutes left. Thats an eternity. Props to Griffin for not falling for it. I know he had to bring the guys back in anyway but still.

Maybe... I don't think so. I think it was more they were down 22, had zero chance of getting stops to get back in the game. They are in the middle of playing 6 games in 10 days away from home including a back to back this weekend. I think it was a white flag we can't come back and I can get these guys some rest. Possible there was more to it, we'll never know but that was my reaction live.

Yeah I don't know either. Just felt early and bait-y. Either way, Griffin did the right thing.

I am 99% sure Carlisle was trying to bait a young coach in Griffin to put his bench in with 5 minutes left.

A 22 point lead with 5 minutes left is nothing in today's NBA, especially if we are playing Robin Lopez, Thanasis, Livingston, etc. Kudos to Griffin for not falling for it, but the bench still almost blew it which is sad. Just play defense and run the 24 second clock down, instead they chucked up early shots and allowed fast break points which forced us to bring Giannis and Co. back in.

Either way I am just happy to have someone like Giannis on our team. Just need Dame to get it together now.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#308 » by DingleJerry » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:06 pm

BigO wrote:On a different note, I can imagine myself and other posters if the Bucks had let an opposing player walk thru the paint over and over and over for layups. I'd be so pissed at Griffin, I'd have to check out. Carlisle may be a good coach, but that was embarrassing defense.

Yea the 1H D was laughable. Over and over the plan is to go after an elite ballhandler at halfcourt, have him torch you for an easy floater, layup, or pass for a wide open shot. Just don't get how anyone being paid millions to coach basketball could think that was a good strategy
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#309 » by DingleJerry » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:09 pm

Profound23 wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

I am 99% sure Carlisle was trying to bait a young coach in Griffin to put his bench in with 5 minutes left.

A 22 point lead with 5 minutes left is nothing in today's NBA, especially if we are playing Robin Lopez, Thanasis, Livingston, etc. Kudos to Griffin for not falling for it, but the bench still almost blew it which is sad. Just play defense and run the 24 second clock down, instead they chucked up early shots and allowed fast break points which forced us to bring Giannis and Co. back in.

Either way I am just happy to have someone like Giannis on our team. Just need Dame to get it together now.

Remember the graphics and things they showed 2-3 games ago that had Dame's stats after like the first 7-8 games? I know he just had two clunkers but before that the 10-15 game stretch his stats were his norms and all was good. 2-3 bad games happens, especially for people who rely heavily on shots from 25+ feet, there's gonna be some clunkers. Even last night was a generally fine game by him, not great, no bad yet he was bashed throughout like he was a trainwreck
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#310 » by skbucks1985 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:13 pm

Profound23 wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:

I think the last couple times they've been in this situation they've had Cam out their with the end of the bench guys to control the offense and they didn't do that last night for whatever reason.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,649

Post#311 » by Profound23 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:16 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

Remember the graphics and things they showed 2-3 games ago that had Dame's stats after like the first 7-8 games? I know he just had two clunkers but before that the 10-15 game stretch his stats were his norms and all was good. 2-3 bad games happens, especially for people who rely heavily on shots from 25+ feet, there's gonna be some clunkers. Even last night was a generally fine game by him, not great, no bad yet he was bashed throughout like he was a trainwreck

My problem lately has been some horrible passes leading to turnovers. That's not normal with him so I will believe it is just getting used to players in specific spots. Last night he had three really bad passes that lead to fast break points for Indy.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,157

Post#312 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:17 pm

George McGinnis died today, which is coincidental as I was looking at this all time scoring list this morning and was like who is this George McGinnis that Giannis just passed.
BucksRule18
Senior
And1: 360

Post#313 » by BucksRule18 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:31 pm

I really hope Giannis scores 70 on the Pacers next game, and then walks over to Carlisle and gives him the game ball for his collection.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,032

Post#314 » by sidney lanier » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:33 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:George McGinnis died today, which is coincidental as I was looking at this all time scoring list this morning and was like who is this George McGinnis that Giannis just passed.

A Pacers (ABA) guy, too. More coincidence. RIP. He was pretty good as I recall and could post up practically anybody.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,403

Post#315 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:37 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:George McGinnis died today, which is coincidental as I was looking at this all time scoring list this morning and was like who is this George McGinnis that Giannis just passed.

A Pacers (ABA) guy, too. More coincidence. RIP. He was pretty good as I recall and could post up practically anybody.

He was the Shawn Kemp of the 1970's. Stud scorer. Big body.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,319

Post#316 » by humanrefutation » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:05 pm

This Bucks-Pacers beef brings back memories of those George Karl-led Bucks teams beefing with Reggie Miller, Mark Jackson, and company back in the late 90s-early 2000s. But now we're the title contenders, and they're the up-and-comers.

**** Travis Best.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#317 » by Neuromancer56 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:07 pm

Whenever we worry about Giannis' BBIQ, we need to remember this game.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#318 » by LittleRooster » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:17 pm

humanrefutation wrote:This Bucks-Pacers beef brings back memories of those George Karl-led Bucks teams beefing with Reggie Miller, Mark Jackson, and company back in the late 90s-early 2000s. But now we're the title contenders, and they're the up-and-comers.

**** Travis Best.

I had the same thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,529

Post#319 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:19 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:I'm sure Giannis regrets overreacting. But it seems like the hard foul he took that caused the mid game melee might have played into it. Guessing there is more than just the ball thing going on.
These teams definitely do not like each other and I hope they meet in the playoffs.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,529

Post#320 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:21 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Hali can talk **** all he wants when he plays like he has this year and I have zero problem with it. But this was a classic case of a young upstart team that's already getting a little too full of themselves. Can dish it out but clearly can't take it in return. Dame's previous quote about Hali doing his celebration was pretty poignant:

"As many times as I've done it … when you dish it out, you gotta be willing to take it," Lillard told reporters after Milwaukee's 128-119 loss. "When you're having your moment it's important to be careful. Be humble. You never know when the tables turn."
Whoever compares them to recent Grizzlies teams was spot on.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu

Return to Milwaukee Bucks