ImageImage

PG Indy - AG and BP respond to Haynes report, page 20

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,192

Re: PG Indy - Doris and Reggie Love it, LOVE IT 

Post#341 » by MissKhriddleton » Fri Dec 8, 2023 11:44 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Everyone knows that the team defense has to improve, but I'm also not ignoring that a lot of it (especially in transition) is on players just being **** lazy and seemingly not taking the regular season seriously. Griffin probably needs to reem some of these guys out in practice more, but you really shouldn't have to tell a group of this many veteran NBA guys to simply get their asses back on defense. Everyone talks about the "low-hanging fruit" on offense, but if they just clean up the stupid transition stuff, then that easily puts you in the 12-18 range rather than the bottom third of defenses.

Nah, that’s just the 3rd step to ousting a coach from within.

1. Follow coach’s schemes, put forth effort. Realize schemes don’t work.
2. Express concerns to coach that schemes don’t work and things need to change.
3. Coach sticks to guns. Proceed to put forth little effort in protest. Quiet quitting if you will. (Team is so talented that quiet quitting could still win 50 games.)
4. Leak stories to the press about the team being dysfunctional. We’re not blaming the coaching but yeah, it’s the coaching.
5. Call out the coach directly/demand trade/ultimatum.

Proud of the team for already making it to step 4.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,203

Post#342 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Dec 8, 2023 11:52 pm

Ah yes, the "quiet quitting" narrative again. Some of you guys really do have a pretty low opinion of Giannis.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,920

Post#343 » by blazza18 » Fri Dec 8, 2023 11:54 pm

Pacers were 10/13 from two point range in the third quarter (so when we went to zone defence). It was a good initial change up but we needed to adjust again once they started getting good looks from in and around the free throw line.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#344 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Dec 8, 2023 11:56 pm

Defense is absolutely a joke. Pacers scored 128 points while shooting 21% from three.

And I don't want to hear the bull of "that's what we were trying to do!" defensively. They were 4/21 on "wide open" threes and 2/11 on "open" threes. We weren't defending that **** either. Inside, outside, transition, they got anything they wanted.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#345 » by M-C-G » Sat Dec 9, 2023 12:16 am

I’ll give AG more time, but they need to get a head assistant ASAP and it can’t be AGs choice given what we have seen. However it is should be compatible with the schemes in case we need to fire hm.

Stotts would be good but too embarrassing for the franchise. D’Antoni might want a half season gig.

But give me Charles Barkley.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,323

Post#346 » by fan230 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 12:27 am

Defense bad, why?

The coach’s scheme is v different from what the team used to implement.

The coach’s scheme is completely at odds with the capabilities of our veteran players including our superstars and All Stars.

Yet the coach is stubborn and not changing his scheme.

Dame Jrue comparison:

Dame is much better in scoring but Jrue was also quite good last year when he had to handle the absence of Khris’ s absence.

Jrue was supremely good in defense (except he was tired with the extra offensive responsibility coz of Khris’s absence by the time the regular season ended). Dame’s defense is much worse than Jrue.

Overall losing Jrue is hurting us quite a bit more than the gain by getting Dame. At least so far.

What can we do? Ag better try a different defensive scheme immediately that matches the abilities of our stars. Else we should get a new coach who organizes the defense much more like Bud did, very soon.

We had a happy team with a happy locker room. Other teams and some writers were envious of our situation. The whole thing has dramatically changed since ag became coach; the initial bad sign was evident when he put ts down in front of all the players. That was a sign of things to come. And clearly unhappiness among the players and the fans are on the rise.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#347 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 12:37 am

M-C-G wrote:I’ll give AG more time, but they need to get a head assistant ASAP and it can’t be AGs choice given what we have seen. However it is should be compatible with the schemes in case we need to fire hm.

Stotts would be good but too embarrassing for the franchise. D’Antoni might want a half season gig.

But give me Charles Barkley.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I love Charles, but hell no as coach right now. We need someone with a track record of Head Coaching competence. Can't gamble with another unknown.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,408

Post#348 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 12:46 am

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=9rpMwNqOSwMJrvAAN06wgA
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,695

Post#349 » by BroncoBuck » Sat Dec 9, 2023 12:50 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Defense is absolutely a joke. Pacers scored 128 points while shooting 21% from three.

And I don't want to hear the bull of "that's what we were trying to do!" defensively. They were 4/21 on "wide open" threes and 2/11 on "open" threes. We weren't defending that **** either. Inside, outside, transition, they got anything they wanted.

The third quarter zone against one of the best passing teams in the league was certainly something. Lol. Ah yes, zone will surely stop one of the best passers of this generation.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Post#350 » by ReginaldDwight » Sat Dec 9, 2023 12:58 am

pifhluk23 wrote:If I got wasted the night before a 2pm game I too would want to play zone. How many guys were salivating at extra 100k and an entire weekend in Vegas if they lose?

Honestly, drop an IV in and youd be fine. No excuses for pros dude.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,192

Post#351 » by MissKhriddleton » Sat Dec 9, 2023 12:59 am

Ron Swanson wrote:Ah yes, the "quiet quitting" narrative again. Some of you guys really do have a pretty low opinion of Giannis.

Have you ever had a new boss come in, stubbornly try to implement exactly what they were doing previously, not take into account the current structure of your team or what had made you successful, and in general prove themselves to be totally incompetent and unqualified?

It makes it hard to come to work. You end up half assing whatever initiatives they’ve put in place and try to keep doing things your own way when they’re not looking. Continuing to bust your ass isn’t going to get you anywhere.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#352 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Dec 9, 2023 1:26 am

BroncoBuck wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Defense is absolutely a joke. Pacers scored 128 points while shooting 21% from three.

The third quarter zone against one of the best passing teams in the league was certainly something. Lol. Ah yes, zone will surely stop one of the best passers of this generation.

Yeah or maybe possibly after the second or third time in a row that Bruce Brwon got to the free thrown line and essentially shot a practice free throw you change it up. Who knows. Griffin sure doesn't.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,220

Post#353 » by BigO » Sat Dec 9, 2023 1:59 am

Ron Swanson wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Everyone knows that the team defense has to improve, but I'm also not ignoring that a lot of it (especially in transition) is on players just being **** lazy and seemingly not taking the regular season seriously. Griffin probably needs to reem some of these guys out in practice more, but you really shouldn't have to tell a group of this many veteran NBA guys to simply get their asses back on defense. Everyone talks about the "low-hanging fruit" on offense, but if they just clean up the stupid transition stuff, then that easily puts you in the 12-18 range rather than the bottom third of defenses.

Not giving up a layup after getting a layup has got to be the lowest hanging fruit out there. Giannis comments on not being organized, this all points to Grief.

you really shouldn't have to tell a group of this many veteran NBA guys to simply get their asses back on defense.

There is a definitely a problem with having two starting point guards that aren't use to playing defense.

But the Bucks have always been near the top in the NBA in limiting fast break points, rebounding and stopping paint points.

The fact that this has changed overnight has to be mainly due to coaching.
ANTETOKOUNBROS
Starter
And1: 1,619

Post#354 » by ANTETOKOUNBROS » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:19 am

AG was hired nothing more than to keep in Giannis’ good graces at the moment. That is the only way this hire makes any sense for a small market team trying to keep alive championship aspirations. His words and presence carry no weight or respect by the team and why would they? He is a basically the pedigree of a random guy who is trying to lead former champions or NBA GOATs. We now have confirmation yesterday with all the leaks.

So he doesn’t motivate and the team is disorganized. What does this man actually do?
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,775

Post#355 » by DanoMac » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:47 am

bucksfansince88 wrote:
DanoMac wrote:Hire Redick (half kidding)

didnt he interview with us and toronto?

Toronto for sure, was it reported he did with us?

Think he’ll be a good coach
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,049

Post#356 » by Plossum » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:04 am

If we do fire Griff we sure as hell better no hire another unproven/rookie head coach. It has to be someone like Stotts.
#LockUpChuck
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,032

Post#357 » by sidney lanier » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:31 am

Sigra wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:
We could have John Wooden, Dr. Jack Ramsay, and James Naismith on the sideline and still not go undefeated. Nor could a basketball mastermind prevent Middleton from bouncing the ball off Brook's head when attempting a pass to him, or many of the other awkward things that occurred on the bright blue court.

My point is not that we don't occasionally look lost, unpurposeful and badly spaced. It's that the adjustment period is called an adjustment period because it is characterized by those things.

This team is not perfect, but as you point out it is immensely talented. When the snow that is yet to come starts melting into gray slush on 4th Street, I predict your anxiety level will be much lower.

Nope. This is not going to work. This coach with this players. We will need to change coach or to change half of players including Lopez and Middleton. You will see and when you do you will admit that you were wrong. We are not adjusting anything.

I will be happy to admit I was wrong this spring, old friend, if the Bucks continue as currently constituted and fall out of contention.

Let's revisit this in a few months. To make this discussion easy to search for then, here's a unique search term unlikely to appear in other threads: the winner of the Kentucky Derby the year the Bucks won their first title.

Canonero II.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,947

Post#358 » by Fotis St » Sat Dec 9, 2023 5:37 am

ANTETOKOUNBROS wrote:AG was hired nothing more than to keep in Giannis’ good graces at the moment. That is the only way this hire makes any sense for a small market team trying to keep alive championship aspirations. His words and presence carry no weight or respect by the team and why would they? He is a basically the pedigree of a random guy who is trying to lead former champions or NBA GOATs. We now have confirmation yesterday with all the leaks.

So he doesn’t motivate and the team is disorganized. What does this man actually do?

He sure was responsible for pushing Stott's emergency exit button.
Draft: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,323

Post#359 » by fan230 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 6:23 am

I just read this article which is almost a month old. It seems to comprehensively cover what problems the Bucks are having and why and so on. Maybe worth reading.

https://www.brewhoop.com/2023/11/14/23958816/milwaukee-bucks-adrian-griffin-coaching-change
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,005

Post#360 » by soxperry » Sat Dec 9, 2023 7:48 am

this whole thing is kind of a mess right now.. defense needs a lot of work and we may need a coach that knows what he's doing. can you reconfigure personnel before you deal with the coach? what if you bring in a different player that doesn't fit what the next coach wants to do? so the order of operations here is important. the more i think about the Stotts situation, the more annoyed i am. i dont know whose fault that was but there's no way we look like this big of a mess with that guy around.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks