ImageImage

PG Indy - AG and BP respond to Haynes report, page 20

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,055

Re: PG Indy - Doris and Reggie Love it, LOVE IT 

Post#361 » by Daver » Sat Dec 9, 2023 8:29 am

Plossum wrote:If we do fire Griff we sure as hell better no hire another unproven/rookie head coach. It has to be someone like Stotts.

Why only stotts other than knowing dame coaching him he imo brings nothing to the table dude is what 65 or so.Kenny A may not have stotts resume but i would take kA everyday n teice on sunday over stotts
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,224

Post#362 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Dec 9, 2023 9:12 am

Did Stotts ask Horst to mediate the situation?

Was he envisioning being Griffin's doormat & salve, if he kowtowed in instances like the one leaked?

Did Griff make his blood boil uncontrollably?

How could a man from Marshfield leave us stranded in Milwaukee, with this guy? Why wasn't he up to fight the good fight?
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,055

Post#363 » by Daver » Sat Dec 9, 2023 9:21 am

theFireBlanket wrote:Did Stotts ask Horst to mediate the situation?

Was he envisioning being Griffin's doormat & salve, if he kowtowed in instances like the one leaked?

How could a man from Marshfield leave us stranded in Milwaukee, with this guy? Why wasn't he up to fight the good fight?

Maybe stotts decided fu.. it rumor has it he wasnt keen on being a asst coach and with what went down hust said i dont need this
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#364 » by greekbuck34 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 10:21 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Defense is absolutely a joke. Pacers scored 128 points while shooting 21% from three.

And I don't want to hear the bull of "that's what we were trying to do!" defensively. They were 4/21 on "wide open" threes and 2/11 on "open" threes. We weren't defending that **** either. Inside, outside, transition, they got anything they wanted.

For me it's the complete oppossite of Bud's scheme. We went from shutting down the paint by leaving the opponent having 3p shooting drills from the same spots to pressuring the 3p line in such way that leaves our paint completely unprotected and open for lay ups and offensive rebounds. It's just a clusterf@ck because our personel can't even run the damn thing while Bud's scheme even though it was exploited by the elite teams it was atleast built for Brook Lopez with Giannis as help combo.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#365 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Dec 9, 2023 12:12 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Defense is absolutely a joke. Pacers scored 128 points while shooting 21% from three.

And I don't want to hear the bull of "that's what we were trying to do!" defensively. They were 4/21 on "wide open" threes and 2/11 on "open" threes. We weren't defending that **** either. Inside, outside, transition, they got anything they wanted.

For me it's the complete oppossite of Bud's scheme. We went from shutting down the paint by leaving the opponent having 3p shooting drills from the same spots to pressuring the 3p line in such way that leaves our paint completely unprotected and open for lay ups and offensive rebounds. It's just a clusterf@ck because our personel can't even run the damn thing while Bud's scheme even though it was exploited by the elite teams it was atleast built for Brook Lopez with Giannis as help combo.

We're showing such fake looks to teams at the perimeter. It's doing absolutely nothing out there. Acting like Bobby Portis guarding a guy at 24 feet or Malik Beasley locking up star wings 1 on 1, hell, even Giannis being out on the perimeter is doing absolutely anything to deter teams from playing their game any way they want is a joke. Hell, right now we're allowing teams to shoot MORE three pointers than last season. This isn't the opposite of Buds scheme, it's literally nothing. They're doing nothing on the defensive side of the ball.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
greekbuck34
RealGM

Post#366 » by greekbuck34 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 12:48 pm

Whatever I will focus on the good things.

Read on Twitter

PNR ball handler

Giannis: Possessions=4, PPP= 1.26, EFG = 70% :lol: More possessions pls
Dame: Poss= 10.5, PPP= 1.08, EFG = 54.3% Pretty good based on his current shooting splits
Payne: Poss= 1.8, PPP= 0.92, EFG= 53.2%

Khris: Poss= 3.0, PPP= 0.69 :o , EFG= 38.1% :o What the actual f..
Celtics Jrue: Poss= 3.3, PPP= 0.62, EFG= 39.3% Those two were Giannis' 2 best ball handlers his whole career till now... :D

PNR roller

Giannis: Poss= 2.2 :evil: , PPP= 1.23, EFG= 69.7% :lol:
Lopez: Poss= 2.3 , PPP= 1.19, EFG= 57.1%
Bobby: Poss= 1.5, PPP= 0.81, EFG= 40.4

More PNR of any kind involving Giannis ffs. Stop letting Khris handle the ball unless he PNR with Giannis, set Khris up for midrange shots(he is having the best shooting percentage in the league).

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,778

Post#367 » by jimmybones » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:10 pm

Epicurus wrote:
BuckFan25226 wrote:
Epicurus wrote:When Dame went to the Bucks, I emailed someone then with the Bucks " I say fire the offensive coordinator if this Bucks team averages less the 160 pts. per game." He agreed.

My point related to this topic is the amount of Pacer points didn't surprise me, but the paucity of Buck's points against the defensive mediocre Pacers did. The offense is not close to maximizing the offensive firepower, even when it reaches 120 pts.

In a hypothetical situation where the Bucks say "screw it" and offer Stotts to come in and coach this team.

Does TS consider it or does he shake his head and politely decline?

Thank you for the continued insights.
Maybe if his downtown condo isn't subleased. LOL! I doubt if the front office is forgiving of his departure. Crazy year in Cheeseland.

I have a spare room in West Allis. There's a taco truck on my block... we are willing to beg
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,086

Post#368 » by German Athens » Sat Dec 9, 2023 3:39 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:Whatever I will focus on the good things.

Read on Twitter

PNR ball handler

Dame: Poss= 10.5, PPP= 1.08, EFG = 54.3% Pretty good based on his current shooting splits

Celtics Jrue: Poss= 3.3, PPP= 0.62, EFG= 39.3% Those two were Giannis' 2 best ball handlers his whole career till now... :D

PNR roller

More PNR of any kind involving Giannis ffs. Stop letting Khris handle the ball unless he PNR with Giannis, set Khris up for midrange shots(he is having the best shooting percentage in the league).

Yeah, there’s some encouraging stuff. For the people who view through the lens of will it work in the playoffs - Giannis as the pick n roll ball handler should work well against teams that don’t primarily switch, and even if they do, he’d likely be hunting a mismatch.

I’d like to see a more concerted effort this year against switching teams to find those mismatches. In the past, Giannis hasn’t always played the easiest route, and would let horford get back on, or try backing down the wrong type of player, settling for a fading jumper against guards, etc. He still has been settling at times, like his jumpers against Indy when hield was guarding him, but I think his awareness has been improving this year.

Beyond that, I’d like to see Giannis’s attempts as the roller in the upper 3’s or low 4’s. Myles Turner and Anthony Davis are 4th and 5th in scoring attempts with 3.9 per game. Get into that grouping.
German Athens
Bench Warmer

Post#369 » by German Athens » Sat Dec 9, 2023 4:41 pm

Similar to greekbuck34,

Giannis is also 16th in per game shot attempts from cuts, at 2.4. He’s shooting 71% efg in those looks.

His frequency is up from prior years, and it’s been trending up over the course of the season. Him cutting off the Dame-Brook pick n roll has been really effective.

I’ve actually been really impressed with brook’s passing this year. He used to be a guy who kinda played with blinders inside 15 feet, and where you’d end up having those Marcus smart blocks from behind on double teams, because he just wasn’t looking to pass out. He’s been noticeably better in this regard.

That pass on the move to Giannis in the Knicks game really stands out.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,991

Post#370 » by Badgerlander » Sat Dec 9, 2023 5:08 pm

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

PNR ball handler

PNR roller

You forgot Pat the PnR ball handler PPP leader in the clubhouse lol
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
German Athens
Bench Warmer

Post#371 » by German Athens » Sat Dec 9, 2023 5:11 pm

One stat that really jumps out to me, that I think supports the playground basketball observations, and is likely a further indictment of the offensive structure set up by the coach:

We are the only team in the league without a single player having at least 10 attempts coming off a screen ( think gsw offense). This really hits home that we have no weak side actions being run. Most teams have 3 or 4 players who’ve already cleared this benchmark.

Historically, under Bud, we didn’t have high usage, but midds, bryn, and Grayson would’ve clearly cleared that mark by this point in the season. Also, Dame and Malik would’ve cleared that mark at their previous stops, comfortably.

The only team.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,287

Post#372 » by WiscoKing13 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 5:55 pm

Was thinking there's an outside chance of us firing AG. But if they were going to do it would have been this weekend since they had 3 days off.

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
greekbuck34
RealGM

Post#373 » by greekbuck34 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 6:02 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

PNR ball handler

PNR roller

You forgot Pat the PnR ball handler PPP leader in the clubhouse lol

1.60 PPP :lol: on
Spoiler:
0.6 possessions

I really like him when he sets the screen for Giannis though. They have good chemistry in that. Giannis should start doing that with Beasley and Dame too. It's easy to set them up for open shots this way.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,408

Post#374 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 6:29 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:Was thinking there's an outside chance of us firing AG. But if they were going to do it would have been this weekend since they had 3 days off.

There are two guys who can fire Griff anytime they want. The decision is really in their hands.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,922

Post#375 » by Dick Tate » Sat Dec 9, 2023 7:06 pm

Daver wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:Did Stotts ask Horst to mediate the situation?

Maybe stotts decided fu.. it rumor has it he wasnt keen on being a asst coach and with what went down hust said i dont need this

I’m waiting for the untold story to come out where Stotts quit because he couldn’t convince the star player to put the ball in the hands of their new ATG point guard.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,026

Post#376 » by emunney » Sat Dec 9, 2023 7:18 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:Was thinking there's an outside chance of us firing AG. But if they were going to do it would have been this weekend since they had 3 days off.

There are two guys who can fire Griff anytime they want. The decision is really in their hands.

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2016/01/why_david_blatt_got_fired_and.html
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,408

Post#377 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 7:26 pm

Yes.

And their combined net worth, including current contracts is in the one billion dollar neighborhood.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#378 » by LittleRooster » Sat Dec 9, 2023 7:35 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Yes.

And their combined net worth, including current contracts is in the one billion dollar neighborhood.

Unfortunately, even in that situation, Blatt lasted 1.5 years. We’re probably stuck with Grief for at least this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,182

Post#379 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Dec 9, 2023 7:38 pm

The Blatt analogy is interesting. Of course he was in his second season so it's not quite apples to apples.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#380 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 7:50 pm

German Athens wrote:One stat that really jumps out to me, that I think supports the playground basketball observations, and is likely a further indictment of the offensive structure set up by the coach:

We are the only team in the league without a single player having at least 10 attempts coming off a screen ( think gsw offense). This really hits home that we have no weak side actions being run. Most teams have 3 or 4 players who’ve already cleared this benchmark.

Historically, under Bud, we didn’t have high usage, but midds, bryn, and Grayson would’ve clearly cleared that mark by this point in the season. Also, Dame and Malik would’ve cleared that mark at their previous stops, comfortably.

The only team.

It would be nice to see Dame get more of those when Giannis brings the ball up or when Giannis is on the bench. He's so good at baiting the foul in that scenario too but they are calling it less this year.

As for how to play the Pacers. What sticks out as obvious to me is pound them inside and get them.in the bonus quick. That drastically slows down the pace they want to play and gets their guys in foul trouble.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks