ImageImage

PG Pacers - Giannis Giannis Giannis!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,649

Re: PG Pacers - Giannis Giannis Giannis! 

Post#381 » by Profound23 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:38 pm

Prez wrote:Tbf to JJ on that one, he did mention not too long after that he felt bad about that comment, and that he'd clearly take Giannis #1. And that he had to include Embiid and KD in the top 3 because they were doing podcasts with both at the time, and when Embiid challenged him to specify the 3rd guy he was caught off guard and just threw out a name (Jokic).

I don't care.

He will always be a villain to me for coming to Milwaukee and just quitting from day 1. UNLESS he came here and coached us to a championship then he is dead to me, dead.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,097

Post#382 » by Siefer » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:02 pm

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised since sports journalism is barely hanging on these days, but I still find it wild how off the narrative around the game ball incident is. Giannis should have never run towards the Pacers locker room regardless, but the total disregard for the Pacers inciting behavior and Carlisle's nonsense being accepted as the fact of the matter is all deeply obnoxious.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#383 » by Neuromancer56 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:37 pm

I don't know why people think the Pacers can't defend the ball. They did a good job of it in their locker room.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,027

Post#384 » by emunney » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:38 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:I don't know why people think the Pacers can't defend the ball. They did a good job of it in their locker room.

Have ya seen this? Have ya heard about this?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,287

Post#385 » by WiscoKing13 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:48 pm

Fotis St wrote:The same Bucks security dude that handed the ball to Indiana , was the same that was holding Giannis back .... He should get fired imo ... Could there be money involved "stealing" that collectible ball? I don't trust this security AT ALL ... get him out of my team... He clearly went after the ball and handed it to Indy seconds later... call INDY to hire him there...

OK , maybe not fire him cause he probably feeds his family ... but for sure remove him from his current court side job... let him check the tickets at the gates or something
He definitely hands it to a Bucks staffer you then walks toward our tunnel.

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,789

Post#386 » by JayMKE » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:07 pm

If the Pacers weren't guilty as hell then Giannis would probably face more consequences for "bruising" the ribs of Pacers GM, no instead the first thing they do is go find whatever rock James Johnson has been under LOL.
FREE GIANNIS
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,951

Post#387 » by Brewhoopfan » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:45 pm

JayMKE wrote:If the Pacers weren't guilty as hell then Giannis would probably face more consequences for "bruising" the ribs of Pacers GM, no instead the first thing they do is go find whatever rock James Johnson has been under LOL.

Hard to prove since this is all Giannis did to bruise those ribs.

Siefer
RealGM

Post#388 » by Siefer » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:21 pm

Siefer wrote:Maybe I shouldn't be surprised since sports journalism is barely hanging on these days, but I still find it wild how off the narrative around the game ball incident is. Giannis should have never run towards the Pacers locker room regardless, but the total disregard for the Pacers inciting behavior and Carlisle's nonsense being accepted as the fact of the matter is all deeply obnoxious.

Props to the Mismatch guys for being pretty on the ball about this whole thing.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,355

Post#389 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:29 pm

Read on Twitter
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#390 » by Neuromancer56 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:42 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:
JayMKE wrote:If the Pacers weren't guilty as hell then Giannis would probably face more consequences for "bruising" the ribs of Pacers GM, no instead the first thing they do is go find whatever rock James Johnson has been under LOL.

Hard to prove since this is all Giannis did to bruise those ribs.

Don't forget about all the bruised egos in the Pacer's locker room.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,160

Post#391 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:08 pm

As much fun as we think the Pacers sign Johnson because of this, my guess is he will be cut or not dressed once Jalen Smith returns.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,409

Post#392 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:21 pm

Siefer wrote:Maybe I shouldn't be surprised since sports journalism is barely hanging on these days, but I still find it wild how off the narrative around the game ball incident is. Giannis should have never run towards the Pacers locker room regardless, but the total disregard for the Pacers inciting behavior and Carlisle's nonsense being accepted as the fact of the matter is all deeply obnoxious.

You need to listen to the KOC and Verno pod. It’s great. Verno lights up the Pacers over claiming they needed the game ball.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,323

Post#393 » by fan230 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:47 am

Am afraid that the Pacers got James Johnson so that he could hurt Giannis. Ag and Ga need to be very smart and careful in the two games against the Pacers.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,418

Post#394 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:08 pm

fan230 wrote:Am afraid that the Pacers got James Johnson so that he could hurt Giannis. Ag and Ga need to be very smart and careful in the two games against the Pacers.

Giannis isn't James Johnson's wife so I'm not too worried.

Also I think it's telling that pretty much every player/former player that has weighed in has sided against the Pacers on ballgate.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Siefer
RealGM

Post#395 » by Siefer » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:13 pm

I think the conversation around ballgate (ugh) is pretty illustrative of how weak traditional media has become with regards to providing the framework for understanding a story. I wonder if I need to start considering podcasts more of an old media type? Wild.

But, yeah, the more traditional commentators (journalists, former players, etc) are pretty uniformly calling out the Pacers for being petty instigators, and saying Carlisle was lying through his teeth. It doesn't matter. Social media and influencer-driven spaces are all about Giannis being a lunatic idiot. If you look at Reddit, they've accepted Carlisle's fantasy story as canon.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,409

Post#396 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:22 pm

Siefer wrote:I think the conversation around ballgate (ugh) is pretty illustrative of how weak traditional media has become with regards to providing the framework for understanding a story. I wonder if I need to start considering podcasts more of an old media type? Wild.

But, yeah, the more traditional commentators (journalists, former players, etc) are pretty uniformly calling out the Pacers for being petty instigators, and saying Carlisle was lying through his teeth. It doesn't matter. Social media and influencer-driven spaces are all about Giannis being a lunatic idiot. If you look at Reddit, they've accepted Carlisle's fantasy story as canon.

Social media. Ben Thompson did a good pod on it last week. Sort of a pack mentality has been created and people go contrarian at times just to be contrarian. Nuanced discussions don’t exist anymore.

That said, NBA media wants new stars. Giannis is awesome, but his story is now five years old. He needs to force the narrative back on his side with another title.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#397 » by bango_the_buck » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:55 pm

Just saw this. It's pretty great. Austin Rivers is actually hilarious.
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#398 » by DingleJerry » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:10 pm

A little glossed over in that the Bucks did take their guys out with 5ish mins left or whatever it was. It wasn't pure petty from the Bucks, got the record then took everyone one. Pacers don't quit though and make it a game and have to bring them back in
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks