RealGM
And1: 9,407

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS, RACE OR RELIGION] 

Post#41 » by M-C-G » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:00 am

buckboy wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=XMg6aFZUKJ4rlgDSS8VVTw&s=19

What's the correct number here? 30 is absurd and would start smelling like mildew. One use would obviously be wasteful. I'm a every 5-7 days type which feels normal but I've never thought about it before.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

10-15 probably. Maybe more.

Never really understood cleaning a towel every week or less. You use it when you're as clean as you can possibly be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,181

Post#42 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:17 am

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,401

Post#43 » by RiotPunch » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:26 am

M-C-G wrote:
buckboy wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=XMg6aFZUKJ4rlgDSS8VVTw&s=19

What's the correct number here? 30 is absurd and would start smelling like mildew. One use would obviously be wasteful. I'm a every 5-7 days type which feels normal but I've never thought about it before.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Never really understood cleaning a towel every week or less. You use it when you're as clean as you can possibly be.

I didn't realize how much I miss this show. Nick is near the top of my favorite comedy show characters.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,340

Post#44 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:12 am

Kenji tackled Chicago tavern style pizza. Or what people in Wisconsin call "pizza".

This is what got me to subscribe to NYT cooking. Lots of recipes in there, including an Italian sausage I may try tomorrow.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,806

Post#45 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:16 pm

Read on Twitter

I don't know jack **** about wrestling. The good part starts around 1:10.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#46 » by M-C-G » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:22 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
buckboy wrote:

I didn't realize how much I miss this show. Nick is near the top of my favorite comedy show characters.

Totally agree except that the writers ran out of steam after a few seasons. But early on, just some absolutely instant classic moments of Nick.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Post#47 » by ReginaldDwight » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:42 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Kenji tackled Chicago tavern style pizza. Or what people in Wisconsin call "pizza".

This is what got me to subscribe to NYT cooking. Lots of recipes in there, including an Italian sausage I may try tomorrow.

I just went to Wells Pizza in Racine the other night, pretty good but not great.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#48 » by buckboy » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:47 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't know jack **** about wrestling. The good part starts around 1:10.

Saw that. What a nut job
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,806

Post#49 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:18 am

Campari is undefeated. That is all.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#50 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:26 pm

Best round of boxing ever. These two were **** warriors

Read on Twitter
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,767

Post#51 » by chonestown » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:51 pm

Tommy Hearns, my favorite fighter of all time. If he was fighting, there was gonna be fireworks. Tommy and John Mugabi softened up Marvin, so Ray Leonard could take the last :15 of each round for his fight. Ray was a great boxer, but he was more skilled at setting up fights to his advantage. Ray was more a franchise than a fighter.

As for Marvelous, he either had bad luck or made his own luck. The toughest in a line of work where everybody is a hard head.

I got the Hagler-Hearns book "The War" that came out a couple years back. Plenty of stuff I didn't know and a great profile of Marvin, somebody who was notoriously tight-lipped and (understandably considering the business) paranoid.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#52 » by buckboy » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:24 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Best round of boxing ever. These two were **** warriors

Read on Twitter

Was scrolling down and all I saw was what you wrote. Didn't see the video. Thought to myself "It better be Hagler/Hearns or he's just plain wrong".

Good call.

Not exactly the "sweet science". That was just a brawl in an alley.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
livestrong4ever
General Manager
And1: 140

Post#53 » by livestrong4ever » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:31 am

So I found out recently that I was one of the winners in the WI Lottery Packers Drawing. Didn't win the grand prize but won a few things for one home game next season. Wanted to know if any of you who are season ticket holders had any preferences to say about the two options they are offering

This is the totality of the prizes

Two (2) Game Tickets to either the Festival Foods MVP Deck or Miller Lite Lounge for a 2023–2024 Packers regular season home game. Includes food.
• Two (2) Pre-Game Field Passes to participate in holding the American Flag during the National Anthem.
• One (1) Green Bay Packers Helmet autographed by a current Packers player for the winner.
• One (1) fifty dollar ($50) Packers Pro Shop or PackersProShop.com gift card for the winner.

I think one of them is much closer to the field but if any of you have been to either one of them would like to hear your opinions on them. I still have no idea what game they will assign me or let me pick from. I do know you all play KC next year at home and that would be a fun game to go to. hopefully a sunday night/monday night type of game.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#54 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:19 am

livestrong4ever wrote:So I found out recently that I was one of the winners in the WI Lottery Packers Drawing. Didn't win the grand prize but won a few things for one home game next season. Wanted to know if any of you who are season ticket holders had any preferences to say about the two options they are offering

Two (2) Game Tickets to either the Festival Foods MVP Deck or Miller Lite Lounge for a 2023–2024 Packers regular season home game. Includes food.
• Two (2) Pre-Game Field Passes to participate in holding the American Flag during the National Anthem.
• One (1) Green Bay Packers Helmet autographed by a current Packers player for the winner.
• One (1) fifty dollar ($50) Packers Pro Shop or PackersProShop.com gift card for the winner.

I think one of them is much closer to the field but if any of you have been to either one of them would like to hear your opinions on them. I still have no idea what game they will assign me or let me pick from. I do know you all play KC next year at home and that would be a fun game to go to. hopefully a sunday night/monday night type of game.

Very cool. Chiefs game would be the best but I'm guessing you'll get Saints or Bucs.

I have season tix and although I've never sat in either of those they are both in the south end zone. Pretty high up. The Miller Lite lounge is lower (closer to the field) than the Festival Foods MVP deck. They are very similar and about the same size. Your seats will be outside but if you get a late season game both of those give you a place to warm up.
livestrong4ever
General Manager
And1: 140

Post#55 » by livestrong4ever » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:43 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
livestrong4ever wrote:So I found out recently that I was one of the winners in the WI Lottery Packers Drawing. Didn't win the grand prize but won a few things for one home game next season. Wanted to know if any of you who are season ticket holders had any preferences to say about the two options they are offering

Very cool. Chiefs game would be the best but I'm guessing you'll get Saints or Bucs.

I have season tix and although I've never sat in either of those they are both in the south end zone. Pretty high up. The Miller Lite lounge is lower (closer to the field) than the Festival Foods MVP deck. They are very similar and about the same size. Your seats will be outside but if you get a late season game both of those give you a place to warm up.

I guess that is true, Tampa wouldn't be all that terrible at least I could see Baker :D Honestly best part is getting to go on the field before the game/doing the national anthem - i am wondering what 'current' packers player they will give me. By the time they get around to sending it to me Rodgers may still be on the team and want to get rid of all his stuff
:P
I guess time will tell if its an authentic helmet or fake helmet though. I Have never been up to greenbay due to being disabled i couldnt sit on the hard benches, so at least this give me a chance to be there and be comfortable during the game
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#56 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:53 pm

livestrong4ever wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

I guess that is true, Tampa wouldn't be all that terrible at least I could see Baker :D Honestly best part is getting to go on the field before the game/doing the national anthem - i am wondering what 'current' packers player they will give me. By the time they get around to sending it to me Rodgers may still be on the team and want to get rid of all his stuff
:P
I guess time will tell if its an authentic helmet or fake helmet though. I Have never been up to greenbay due to being disabled i couldnt sit on the hard benches, so at least this give me a chance to be there and be comfortable during the game

You'll be able to tell the helmet by the padding, or lack of padding inside. An authentic Proline helmet has the full padding inside. A replica helmet has a plastic shell. Sometimes the facemasks are a little different. The authentic one is slightly larger and of course heavier but an autographed helmet sitting in a display case will look great either way. I have both and you really can't tell the difference without picking them up.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,179

Post#57 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:20 am

These atmospheric rivers in NorCal are no joke folks. Rain and wind worst I’ve seen in the 20+ years I’ve lived out here. Three of them this rainy season and twice we’ve lost power from downed trees. I love CA but WI is looking more tempting…Stay safe y’all!
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#58 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:27 am

Good to see you around here dude. Been awhile.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:48 pm

From the 26:00 moment on I swear this is the hardest I've laughed in years. Just crying laughing.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,179

Post#60 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:20 pm

So Fleet Foxes, Japanese Breakfast, and War on Drugs are all playing free stages at Summerfest? What's that you say? The shows take place AFTER I make my summer journey back to the Motherland? F-me I say.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks