ImageImage

PG Knicks - Bucks Fall

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Re: PG Knicks - Bucks Fall 

Post#41 » by greekbuck34 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:46 pm

-Jragon- wrote:Giannis: turn off the talking heads, stop getting mad about MVP bs... instead, turn on some Golden State highlights or Suns Amare/Nash highlights. Dame will get you a ring if you give him the keys.

With 2 Superstars the 1 superstar team guys have a better chance at the MVP but we have a better chance at a ring.. Giannis has to punt the MVP and PPG bs NOW and be a team with these guys. Stop listening to Stephen A and Barkley. We should stop talking about it too and only talk about our team chemistry and cohesion.

You must be braindead to blame this on offense and Giannis not letting Dame be Dame. On our completely cold day we still scored 122 on the road with the big 3 scoring 88 on 33/65. Giannis has his most efficient season in his career, the bucks a top 3 offense and are by far the best 4th quarter team in the league. Whatever we do we must keep doing and build more chemistry.

The problem is our Defense. Period.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,055

Post#42 » by Daver » Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:46 pm

tonymanero wrote:AJ Green was on a heater while Pat was injured. So frustrating to watch him go back to DNPs while Pat gives nothing offensively.

AJ has ability to give you 5/5 or 6/8 from three in 20 min. Pat will never be able to do that.

Been along time since pat has giving us anything on O he should of been traded before allen IMO
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#43 » by Chad34 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:48 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Giannis: turn off the talking heads, stop getting mad about MVP bs... instead, turn on some Golden State highlights or Suns Amare/Nash highlights. Dame will get you a ring if you give him the keys.

With 2 Superstars the 1 superstar team guys have a better chance at the MVP but we have a better chance at a ring.. Giannis has to punt the MVP and PPG bs NOW and be a team with these guys. Stop listening to Stephen A and Barkley. We should stop talking about it too and only talk about our team chemistry and cohesion.

You must be braindead to blame this on offense and Giannis not letting Dame be Dame. On our completely cold day we still scored 122 on the road with the big 3 scoring 88 on 33/65. Giannis has his most efficient season in his career, the bucks a top 3 offense and are by far the best 4th quarter team in the league. Whatever we do we must keep doing and build more chemistry.

Also to me the reason we started out slow was because Dame was slow walking the ball up, there was no rhythm or spacing, Would have much rather seen Giannis being aggressive. If Dame is going to bring the ball up, he needs to do so with much better pace and more aggressiveness before the defense can get set
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,649

Post#44 » by Profound23 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:52 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:

Giannis set some great picks for Dame today. No clue what he is talking about. We played great ball on the 3rd and it fell apart the moment Giannis sat for a few minutes.

It was a layup line at the end though, if we lose Lopez without a replacement this team is toast.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,918

Post#45 » by blazza18 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:53 pm

Bummer to lose on Christmas. Defensively we’re still so far away from it actually being good and trustworthy. On to Brooklyn.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#46 » by -Jragon- » Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:55 pm

Chad34 wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:

Also to me the reason we started out slow was because Dame was slow walking the ball up, there was no rhythm or spacing, Would have much rather seen Giannis being aggressive

I'm not blaming it.. I'm saying that we're worried about the wrong things and the teams that are focused on teamwork and not PPG are going to be solidly ahead of us and we'll be suddenly trying to catch up in the playoffs which is too late. We need Giannis to punt the MVP RN ... have a players only meeting, tell the team look I don't care about my points or the MVP race, I want a ring..it's time for ALL of us to get our teamwork, roles, Chemistry and defense right. We might sacrifice minutes and points sometimes but let's start doing what's best so we have the best ball movement and health by the end of the year.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#47 » by -Jragon- » Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:59 pm

Profound23 wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:

Giannis set some great picks for Dame today. No clue what he is talking about. We played great ball on the 3rd and it fell apart the moment Giannis sat for a few minutes.

It was a layup line at the end though, if we lose Lopez without a replacement this team is toast.

I agree.. we had some nice plays, picks etc.. I mean in general .. there are plays and players that in segments of the game just inexplicably ignore open teammates and do stupid sh$t instead..even in our wins. It's setting the wrong tone and precedent regarding what's important to us. Giannis going crazy about the game ball is an example-- imagine Lebron doing that or Steph.. our psychology is a little off still. And it's Khris too
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Post#48 » by ReginaldDwight » Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:59 pm

Imagine being like a back to back for the xmas game on the road sounds like a good idea. Asinine.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#49 » by -Jragon- » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:01 pm

If you guys don't see the underlying selfishness.. ok fine. I really hope I'm wrong but when we play Boston or GS watch the the ball pops around
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,695

Post#50 » by BroncoBuck » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:01 pm

Bucksmaniac wrote:This wouldn’t annoy me so much if Boston didn’t look so frickin good again. Screw being worried about other teams, Boston is the one that has the talent advantage over us and they also play better defense. Not sure why people here are so cocky about playing them.

Because of the morale victory last time. Just needed more energy and effort.
SpotShooter3
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#51 » by SpotShooter3 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:09 pm

With this defense the team has no chance in playoffs. D hasn't been improved. We just played with mediocre teams lately. The team it is obvious that is not solid enough. Waiting to see them with some contenders.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#52 » by greekbuck34 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:15 pm

-Jragon- wrote:If you guys don't see the underlying selfishness.. ok fine. I really hope I'm wrong but when we play Boston or GS watch the the ball pops around

Your are not blame it on offense and Giannis but you keep saying dumb **** about it anyways. In a season that we had career games from Beasley, Bobby and Brook, complete take overs from Dame and Khris, great 3p shooting all around and Giannis in his most efficient mode possible we are blind torwards the selfishness because Giannis dropped a career high 64pts on 80% FG against a team that has no answer to him from the get go and wanted to take the ball from a smirking butt hurt assistant coach.

Boston has worse offense than us despite their better starting lineup and chemistry. If they don't hit 3s they are in trouble. If they have a close game in the 4th they are in trouble.
GS is moving the ball and struggling to beat bottom feeders.

The problem is our defense and we just can't fix this thing with just words and locker room meetings. Sometimes your personel is just too bad to play elite defense. We just have to find a way to play consistent above average defense. That's all.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,225

Post#53 » by FrieAaron » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:03 pm

Not a surprising loss here given the circumstances. Hopefully it's mostly just one of those games as opposed to the team coming back down to Earth.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,197

Post#54 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:26 pm

Bucksmaniac wrote:This wouldn’t annoy me so much if Boston didn’t look so frickin good again. Screw being worried about other teams, Boston is the one that has the talent advantage over us and they also play better defense. Not sure why people here are so cocky about playing them.

Love how not pissing our pants in fear of a good but very flawed conference rival has morphed into being “too cocky”.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,823

Post#55 » by AussieBuck » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:33 pm

Just get one good perimeter defender.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#56 » by -Jragon- » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:41 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:If you guys don't see the underlying selfishness.. ok fine. I really hope I'm wrong but when we play Boston or GS watch the the ball pops around

Your are not blame it on offense and Giannis but you keep saying dumb **** about it anyways. In a season that we had career games from Beasley, Bobby and Brook, complete take overs from Dame and Khris, great 3p shooting all around and Giannis in his most efficient mode possible we are blind torwards the selfishness because Giannis dropped a career high 64pts on 80% FG against a team that has no answer to him from the get go and wanted to take the ball from a smirking butt hurt assistant coach.

Boston has worse offense than us despite their better starting lineup and chemistry. If they don't hit 3s they are in trouble. If they have a close game in the 4th they are in trouble.
GS is moving the ball and struggling to beat bottom feeders.

The problem is our defense and we just can't fix this thing with just words and locker room meetings. Sometimes your personel is just too bad to play elite defense. We just have to find a way to play consistent above average defense. That's all.

You make good points. Just want to add that there are several times Dame is wide open and every fan is like ummm.. why not hit him right there? Also there are times where Khris comes down and let's a play develop and there are times where he completely ignores we have a coach or plays at all.

So 2nd level: why does that happen? It's usually in the 2nd half, why? Well let's check the ppg... oh man my point aren't up to ave yet man F these plays it's my time for Me to get Mine... Perkins said Embiid is a true MVP; F him I'm proving them wrong. That's not championship mentality; it's Aaron Rodgers MVP and F everyone else mentality. Can we win like that? It's possible if everything goes perfect and health stays right but our best probably is to take the Me and Self out of it and develop that crisp ball movement and plays. That's my opinion.. then once that is all the way developed..then pick your matchup to be Superman
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#57 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:42 pm

Merry Christmas.

Gotta figure out this defense thing.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Bucksmaniac
Analyst
And1: 1,001

Post#58 » by Bucksmaniac » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:50 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:

Love how not pissing our pants in fear of a good but very flawed conference rival has morphed into being “too cocky”.

Very flawed? Where are their flaws? Even with some questionable end of game offense, they have a better record and much better net rating on a much harder schedule than us. Oh, and we seem to have a mental block when we play against them, especially on the road. Good luck!
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 1,022

Post#59 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:52 pm

Hard to beat a good team 4 times in a row, definitely cannot win them all especially with our suspect defense. Enjoy your Christmas and go Bucks!
slos
Starter
And1: 1,196

Post#60 » by slos » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:04 pm

Lillard can defend when it matters. Brunson still hit his shots, but Dame made him work more than anyone late in the game.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks