PG Nets - Bucks Roll (Eventually)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

El Pooch Grande
Bench Warmer
And1: 848

Re: PG Nets - Bucks Roll (Eventually) 

Post#41 » by El Pooch Grande » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:13 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
El Pooch Grande wrote:Bucks score 44 in the 4th qt and win by 22 and yet we’re complaining? :crazy:

Almost like there's context to a game where a team sat half their team on a back to back and then sat the other half of the rotation players after a handful of minutes and the things that the Bucks have struggled with all season happened against literal G-Leaguers.

I will admit, I didn’t watch the game :) …I will also admit I’m still very concerned about Griff and his D. That said, Bucks are making scoring 140+ seem routine this year. That should be applauded.

"We are the Champions, my friends"
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,761

Post#42 » by msiris » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:20 am

El Pooch Grande wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
El Pooch Grande wrote:Bucks score 44 in the 4th qt and win by 22 and yet we’re complaining? :crazy:

Almost like there's context to a game where a team sat half their team on a back to back and then sat the other half of the rotation players after a handful of minutes and the things that the Bucks have struggled with all season happened against literal G-Leaguers.

I will admit, I didn’t watch the game :) …I will also admit I’m still very concerned about Griff and his D. That said, Bucks are making scoring 140+ seem routine this year. That should be applauded.
Dont get me wrong it wa fun to watch he Bucks not miss but th nets pretty much just blew by people most of the game. Maybe itsa new game plan that they tired out from running full speed most f the game. Lol.
Ride the tank
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,434

Post#43 » by randy84 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:38 am

Scored 144 with Lillard having an old fashion, Bogut style, "pube" game. I'll take it.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,971

Post#44 » by tydett » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:45 am

Bucks are gonna give up 125 ppg in the playoffs and dudes here still gonna be like "Just wait 'til next season when the games really matter and this team starts trying."
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,767

Post#45 » by chonestown » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:56 am

msiris wrote:
JonHeist wrote:a 22 point road win and the majority of the 22 comments before this one have been largely negative
Did you even watch the game?? You can't win championships playing D the way they played the last two games. it was like watching a grade school game. So many uncontested layups aand jumpers in the paint.

I wasn't watching the game but I was watching a grade school game so in effect I was watching the game this has been the Bucks Mobius Trip with Chones.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,013

Post#46 » by emunney » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:15 am

I like where my expectations are at. Don't think I've ever followed a team that could win by 22 without even bothering with half the game, that could win by 22 and I'd be ambivalent.

I really hope they start playing defense at some point, because if they do, they may just stop losing altogether.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,434

Post#47 » by randy84 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:24 am

I could care less about defense as long as the Bucks continue to score more points than their opponent
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,013

Post#48 » by emunney » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:30 am

By the way, the dunkiest game I've seen in a minute.

Quality, quantity, variety, deep cast of characters. An achievement in dunking shots.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,852

Post#49 » by TroyD92 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:34 am

Hopefully Herb got to see one more game.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,323

Post#50 » by fan230 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:51 am

Some of the comments seem to be not worried by our defense only because we can score a bunch on offense. I find that surprising.

Some other comments seem to indicate that the defense is doing exactly as per the plans of ag; so everything is good. I find that even more surprising.

Whatever happened to thinking about how to improve our defense. We are getting literally trounced by floaters. Brook cannot protect the rim because the opponent is scoring from a little distance away from the rim. Teams have figured this out.

I still wait for ag to improve our defense. Else we will have increasing problems inthe regular season itself.

Khris was awesome today. Giannis was v good too. Dame was subdued today.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,005

Post#51 » by soxperry » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:28 am

that was the lowest energy nba game i've seen in a long time. felt like the bubble.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,261

Post#52 » by Sigra » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:53 am

Healthy Khris and healthy Giannis dominate at offense. Dame in the role of spot-up shooter. Defense terrible.

Damn, imagine if we have defenders like Jrue and Grayson with healthy Khris and Giannis :(
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#53 » by mediocrityrules » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:32 am

In terms of offensive efficiency, we are 1st in the league. Just ahead of Philly, then Boston. The O is running hot and keeps getting better. Midds is a big part of that. He's back at 30/31 minutes and is looking more and more like the old Midds. Giannis and Dame continue to create huge amounts of space, and guys like Beasley are benefiting from that and having a field day with wide open 3's.

But as we know, defense is our issue, not the offense. In our last 3 games we have averaged 63.3 opponent points in the paint. This is the worst in the entire NBA over the last three games for any team, including Detroit, Spurs etc. We have the worst interior defense in the league right now.

For the season, we are currently 24th in the league (averaging 53.4), having moved out from 21st worst in the league 3 games ago.

For contrast, the best over the past 3 games for opponent points in the paint is shared between 5 teams, all allowing just 46.7 points. These teams are Boston, Miami, Phoenix, Oklahoma and Brooklyn.

This is a problem that lately, is getting worse, not better.
Circling calendars since 2021
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#54 » by greekbuck34 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:08 am

Offence = S tier
Rebounding = B-
Half court defense = B-
Rim protection = C-
Transition defense = lol
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,823

Post#55 » by AussieBuck » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:19 am

Bit of a nothing game other than whatever the hell was going on with Lillard.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,055

Post#56 » by Daver » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:08 am

Sigra wrote:Healthy Khris and healthy Giannis dominate at offense. Dame in the role of spot-up shooter. Defense terrible.

Damn, imagine if we have defenders like Jrue and Grayson with healthy Khris and Giannis :(

So allen is a defender know really since when he sure as hell difnt defend when they played tbe C in 22 or at all last year
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,813

Post#57 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:28 am

Daver wrote:
Sigra wrote:Healthy Khris and healthy Giannis dominate at offense. Dame in the role of spot-up shooter. Defense terrible.

So allen is a defender know really since when he sure as hell difnt defend when they played tbe C in 22 or at all last year

Yup, playoffs are tough. That's why your guy has been benched come playoff time every year, and works for the minimum. Beas is even worse defensively than Allen. At least Allen ran back in transition.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,695

Post#58 » by BroncoBuck » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:03 pm

Shaffty wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
Shaffty wrote:its so funny to care about the defense in a game where they were clearly not trying lol

Or, this is just who they have been all season.

they were a good defensive team for like most of december

They were a middling defense at best in December while playing an absolute cupcake schedule.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,055

Post#59 » by Daver » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:42 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Daver wrote:

Beas aint my guy i just dont spend all season blaming 1 guy for the sh... D like you do.This is a team sport portis sucks on D yet win or lose its beas who you rag on.Suppose you blame him for all the 70 points the nets scored in the paint last night.You have to cause hes the only dude game after game you call out

Yup, playoffs are tough. That's why your guy has been benched come playoff time every year, and works for the minimum. Beas is even worse defensively than Allen. At least Allen ran back in transition.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#60 » by MVP2110 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:05 pm

Shaffty wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
Shaffty wrote:its so funny to care about the defense in a game where they were clearly not trying lol

Or, this is just who they have been all season.

they were a good defensive team for like most of december

In the month of December the Bucks DRTG is currently 14th in the league. That's not good, that's average
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"

Return to Milwaukee Bucks