MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,176

Re: PG Indy - Bucks Fade Away 

Post#41 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:47 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Fast forward to April

Fast forwarding this team to the playoffs might not be exactly the play :lol:.

We'll flip the switch :wink:
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,971

Post#42 » by tydett » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:49 am

Just need to get to the end of the season. Griffin has been teaching this boys in secret and they can't wait to unleash it against much better competition. Regular season doesn't matter.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,761

Post#43 » by msiris » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:50 am

We aint winning a chip if we continue to play D and rebound the way we do. When down to
close games its hard to win when you can't get stops.
Ride the tank
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#44 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:50 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Plenty of reasons for this loss. Bench terrible, so were starters down the stretch. Dame ice cold. Rebounding and defense blew. Yada yada yada. Our last PG thread (a win) was 6 pages. I’m guessing this one will be longer lol.

Also, yeah its definitely a "winning hides a lot" thing here too. Certainly wasn't like we lost 3 quarters of that game, gave up 64 points in the paint, had 17 turnovers and won a game against a team without 2 of their starters. But if we brought it up in that game thread we'd be called miserable. Team has problems. They're more glaring and quantifiable in the losses but they've been there all season even in most wins.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,949

Post#45 » by Brewhoopfan » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:50 am

RiotPunch wrote:Pressuring McConnell on the perimeter is a bold strategy, Cotton. Dude was driving at will with no resistance. Floaters du jour for Hali with Dame/Beas guarding him down the stretch and Lopez not able to contest.

Our bench is putrid, but our defense is worse.

In defense of Griff, the Bucks have moved up to 26th in creating turnovers. (sarcasm)
Bucksmaniac
Analyst
And1: 1,001

Post#46 » by Bucksmaniac » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:51 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
ReginaldDwight wrote:Idk Pat and Bobby were so **** bad tonight, but its to be expected from those two guys for me now. Watching Pat play basketball now is painful

I don't really fully understand what happened with Pat. Even when the shooting came and went in the past I always thought he could hang out there for the most part. Now he plays like he's a guy who's 5 years older than he actually is.

His athleticism is gone, injuries probably played a big part. Now he has to shoot 50% from 3 to be an asset, maybe not even one then.
Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 688

Post#47 » by Chessboxer » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:52 am

Chad34 wrote:I really haven't seen much fight in Dame, that's concerning to me. Total opposite of Giannis. Sure Giannis has bad games, but I never see a lack of heart in those games. Does Dame have the heart of a Champion? I don't think he does, It's more than just this game, something is off with his will, I've been seeing this for awhile, so I'm calling him out.

I've been in denial about it, because I even noticed it when he's on the Blazers, but yes I do agree. I was hoping to see it change once he got to the Bucks playing with Giannis/Khris/Bobby/Brook, but my concerns have not been alleviated. I always compare him to Curry mainly because they are the flashy long distance shooting archetype. However watch Steph, he takes an incredible amount of pride in his defense, dives after loose balls, hustles on damn near every play even if his shot isn't falling. Its those type of plays that are the hallmark of championship basketball. I just don't see that in Dame, but I really hope he proves me wrong.
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,627

Post#48 » by PG Graveyard » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:55 am

Chessboxer wrote:
Chad34 wrote:I really haven't seen much fight in Dame, that's concerning to me. Total opposite of Giannis. Sure Giannis has bad games, but I never see a lack of heart in those games. Does Dame have the heart of a Champion? I don't think he does, It's more than just this game, something is off with his will, I've been seeing this for awhile, so I'm calling him out.

I've been in denial about it, because I even noticed it when he's on the Blazers, but yes I do agree. I was hoping to see it change once he got to the Bucks playing with Giannis/Khris/Bobby/Brook, but my concerns have not been alleviated. I always compare him to Curry mainly because they are the flashy long distance shooting archetype. However watch Steph, he takes an incredible amount of pride in his defense, dives after loose balls, hustles on damn near every play even if his shot isn't falling. Its those type of plays that are the hallmark of championship basketball. I just don't see that in Dame, but I really hope he proves me wrong.

He’s also nowhere near as good of a shooter
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,949

Post#49 » by Brewhoopfan » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:06 am

Bucksmaniac wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:
ReginaldDwight wrote:Idk Pat and Bobby were so **** bad tonight, but its to be expected from those two guys for me now. Watching Pat play basketball now is painful

I don't really fully understand what happened with Pat. Even when the shooting came and went in the past I always thought he could hang out there for the most part. Now he plays like he's a guy who's 5 years older than he actually is.

His athleticism is gone, injuries probably played a big part. Now he has to shoot 50% from 3 to be an asset, maybe not even one then.

The Pat fly-bys need to be retired. Teams are just using it to play 5 on 4. Please stop, Pat.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,401

Post#50 » by RiotPunch » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:06 am

These types of teams make Brook unplayable down the stretch. Brunson, Trae, Hali, whoever just needs to snake the screen and make a midrange layup. This was a problem under Bud as well. It puts us in bucket trading mode. Maybe this improves when Jae is back, but we need POA defenders that can switch. Dame/Beas might as well be chairs out there. Bobby brings good things, but those things don't help the defense in close games. Same with Brook. I would explore trading one of them, we need to be more versatile defensively.

But then again, it might not matter with Grief's defensive "philosophies."
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,162

Post#51 » by Matches Malone » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:12 am

I don't know what's more of a bummer, that they whiffed on the coaching hire or that it feels like we'll never get a consistently good Lillard for this team. I'm sure if he went to the Heat, Spo would have him playing like a God.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#52 » by RiotPunch » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:14 am

Matches Malone wrote:I don't know what's more of a bummer, that they whiffed on the coaching hire or that it feels like we'll never get a consistently good Lillard for this team. I'm sure if he went to the Heat, Spo would have him playing like a God.

Sounds like you know the bigger bummer is the coaching hire.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,162

Post#53 » by Matches Malone » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:19 am

RiotPunch wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:I don't know what's more of a bummer, that they whiffed on the coaching hire or that it feels like we'll never get a consistently good Lillard for this team. I'm sure if he went to the Heat, Spo would have him playing like a God.

Sounds like you know the bigger bummer is the coaching hire.

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,176

Post#54 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:25 am

Griff will make adjustments and we'll win easily Wednesday night.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,323

Post#55 » by fan230 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:27 am

I am beginning to think that the loss of Jrue and the gain of Dame is not so heavily weighted on the gain side as I thought it was.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#56 » by mediocrityrules » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:28 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Griff will make adjustments and we'll win easily Wednesday night.

You mean he'll make Dame and Beas not suck on defense? Bold of him if he can pull that off.
Circling calendars since 2021
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#57 » by RiotPunch » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:29 am

Dame was terrible but he's not even on my radar of concerns. Would be nice if someone would challenge him to expend some energy on defense, though.
#FreeChuckDiesel
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,761

Post#58 » by msiris » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:29 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Griff will make adjustments and we'll win easily Wednesday night.
If we lose can we fire Griff?? I don't think he knows where the switch is. :D
Ride the tank
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,191

Post#59 » by wallus » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:32 am

Milwaukee nightlife strikes again
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#60 » by MVP2110 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:35 am

We are now 1-3 this year against Indiana, why hasn't he adjusted yet?
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"

Return to Milwaukee Bucks