Game 57: Bucks at Wolves - 2/23/24 - 9:00 - ESPN/BSWI/OTA Wisconsin

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,031

Re: Game 57: Bucks at Wolves - 2/23/24 - 9:00 - ESPN/BSWI/OTA Wisconsin 

Post#41 » by sidney lanier » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:35 pm

BigO wrote:
chonestown wrote:Going to see what Pat can bring after the break, but Doc should probably sit Pat. This is how literally everybody posts on real gm dot com slash Bucks. At least I can glean who daver is referring to in any given post, what's your excuse?

I always use the same excuse. I'm old.

I'm so old I still think the Big O was the best player I've ever seen (pre-Bucks version).

And you're still correct after all these years. If Dame turns into half as good a second banana as over-the-hill Oscar was to Kareem, it will mean another parade.

Yes he was kinda old. And Dame kinda sucks at defense. There is no perfect complementary player, but there are damn good ones.

Time to start showing it tonight. 120-104.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,617

Post#42 » by Frank Nova » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:55 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Excited to see how the Bev/Green/Pat/Crowder/Gallo bench lineups look. Terrified at the thought of all the Gallo/Bobby frontcourt lineups, which Doc seems to be indicating are gonna be a thing....

Which teams in the entire league have a front court that Bobby and Gallo could possibly stop on defense from just absolutely dominating the paint in those minutes? I’m not sure I can even think of 1…? The lack of athleticism between those 2 is so frightening I would think 2 athletic G Leaguers could have career games vs those 2 together. Doc can’t really be that dumb can he?
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,195

Post#43 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:06 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Excited to see how the Bev/Green/Pat/Crowder/Gallo bench lineups look. Terrified at the thought of all the Gallo/Bobby frontcourt lineups, which Doc seems to be indicating are gonna be a thing....

Which teams in the entire league have a front court that Bobby and Gallo could possibly stop on defense from just absolutely dominating the paint in those minutes? I’m not sure I can even think of 1…? The lack of athleticism between those 2 is so frightening I would think 2 athletic G Leaguers could have career games vs those 2 together. Doc can’t really be that dumb can he?

To be fair, you probably have to at least try it out for stretches anyways. As pointed out by the lineup data posted a couple weeks ago, Bobby basically kills any lineup defensively, even ones with Giannis next to him. So I guess the other argument is that you punt on paint defense in order to space the floor 1 through 5 and get back on transition D. There's really no easy fix other than you just try and hide Bobby on defense as best you can.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,218

Post#44 » by BigO » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:10 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
BigO wrote:
chonestown wrote:Going to see what Pat can bring after the break, but Doc should probably sit Pat. This is how literally everybody posts on real gm dot com slash Bucks. At least I can glean who daver is referring to in any given post, what's your excuse?

I always use the same excuse. I'm old.

I'm so old I still think the Big O was the best player I've ever seen (pre-Bucks version).

And you're still correct after all these years. If Dame turns into half as good a second banana as over-the-hill Oscar was to Kareem, it will mean another parade.

Yes he was kinda old. And Dame kinda sucks at defense. There is no perfect complementary player, but there are damn good ones.

Time to start showing it tonight. 120-104.

My dream lineup when I was a kid was Big O and Jerry West at guard, Elgin Baylor and Bob Pettit at forward and Russell at center.

I was going to put Portis in there just to get the Bobby haters upset, but then I realized he was born 35 years or so later.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,434

Post#45 » by randy84 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:01 pm

Frank Nova wrote:

What other options you suggesting?
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,032

Post#46 » by Prez » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:06 pm

Positive Middleton news, sounds like he’s pretty close and they just don’t wanna push it, but he should be back in the next week or so.

Excited to see post-ASG MVP, 3PT champ, and hopefully fully healed up ankle Dame.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,515

Post#47 » by HKPackFan » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:22 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Khris is out. Hard to believe.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/bucks-khris-middleton-expected-to-miss-next-two-games/

"Next two games". Also worded "hasn't made much progress".

Are you saying he's NOT progressing??
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,515

Post#48 » by HKPackFan » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:29 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
Danilo Gallinari practices for first time with Bucks

The team welcomed in their newest addition, too, in 35-year-old forward Danilo Gallinari. He was officially signed late Wednesday night and practiced with the team on Thursday.

“The way that I play, I’m a very versatile type of player so I can play in any system, with any player, so looking at the bigs that we got I think that I fit. That was one of the reasons why I chose this team is because I think that I can fit in very well. Very excited.”

Gallinari, who was waived by Detroit on Feb. 8, entertained offers from other contenders but settled on the Bucks due to his relationship with Rivers. Gallinari played 89 games for Rivers with the Los Angeles Clippers from 2017-19, averaging 18.7 points per game while shooting 40.8% from behind the three-point line.

“I’ve worked with a lot of people that are working in this franchise and I believe in the stuff that we can do with this team,” Gallinari said. “Of course, after talking with Doc – I worked with Doc for two years in L.A. so I know him very well – so I really believe in this group.”

But after a solid season in Oklahoma City in 2019-20 (18.7 points per game, 40.5% three-point shooting), Gallinari has played 149 of a possible 286 games over the last four years. He missed the entire 2022-23 season after tearing his left anterior cruciate ligament, which was the second time he ruptured that ACL (2013-14).

In 32 games in Washington and Detroit this season, Gallinari played 15 minutes per game. He is hoping for a more expansive role with the Bucks over the final 26 games of the regular season. Rivers said he has not spoken to Gallinari yet about his minutes, and for his part the veteran forward said he’s not concerned with what those could be.

“I mean, I definitely could’ve played more than those minutes but here I’m just here to help, whatever needs to be done on the court,” Gallinari said. “I don’t care about playing every night, not playing one night, play the other night, I’m here to help. So whatever needs to be done I’m here to do and help. I’m not looking for guaranteed minutes or this kind of stuff. I’m just here to help.”

In 48 career playoff games he’s shot 34.1% from behind the three-point line. He was a member of the 2021 Atlanta Hawks, which lost to the Bucks in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Gallinari has battled a variety of injuries throughout the 14 seasons he has played, but he is a career 38.2% three-point shooter and has averaged 15.2 points per game. The Bucks are his eighth team. He is not considered a strong defender at this stage in his career, but the Bucks hope his shooting and passing can help open more offensive options in the halfcourt.

“He was great, it was an easy of a fit as you could have,” Rivers said. “With the second group with Bobby (Portis) and him it’s a five and a four, that’s pretty good. Pretty big, great shooting, knows how to play, so he’s going to be a really good fit for us.”

Sounds like combination of contender and doc effect brought him over. That's nice.

It still feels special when a ring chaser chooses milwaukee.
#FreeChuckDiesel
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,323

Post#49 » by fan230 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:32 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
fan230 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Same company owns 41 and 58. The other 9 games will be on 41 but not 58.

Ch 58 cbs is on Channel 5 in Spectrum. Would anyone know ch 41 is on which Spectrum channel?

Thanks!

Thanks!!
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,944

Post#50 » by fansinceforever » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:37 pm

Win this one and we have a great chance to go on a run and get back most of the losses on that awful West Coast trip + Memphis.

I'm going to choose to believe.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,949

Post#51 » by Brewhoopfan » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:17 pm

Frank Nova wrote:

It already happened. In Memphis. Against our starters. The issue is perimeter defense and the personnel has not been fixed so Doc needs them to buy into and execute a team approach.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,977

Post#52 » by jschligs » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:18 pm

I'm cautiously optimistic. MN's youth always frightens me, but I hope Dame woke up the beast that's inside him over the ASB.

#LockPatUp #FreeAJ #FreeAJJ

Seriously, enough Pat. Deadline has passed, he's clearly washed. We need youth to step up and I hate that Doc said it but barely does it.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,884

Post#53 » by engelmartin » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:46 pm

Does it seem like Middleton just doesn’t like to play that much any more? Or is he always afraid of reinjuring himself. It sucks because it seemed like he was finally getting back into shape.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#54 » by steger_3434 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:05 pm

I’m honestly surprised Giannis likes Middleton as much as he does. Giannis is the ultra competitor who plays through any sort of injury and hates missing any time. Middleton gets hurt constantly, takes forever to recover, and even when healthy has to load manage. Even if it’s not Middleton’s fault and he wishes he was playing every day eventually after a couple years of Middleton being a walking injury has to annoy the crap out of Giannis. Giannis is out there making his knee worse every game while looking at mids all dressed up sitting on the bench while we lose games.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#55 » by Shaffty » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:50 pm

every day I am impressed by this boards commitment to the Bucks fandom enough to post on a 25 year old message board yet inability to get actual info on said team.

Khris is fine
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,767

Post#56 » by chonestown » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:25 pm

Shaffty wrote:every day I am impressed by this boards commitment to the Bucks fandom enough to post on a 25 year old message board yet inability to get actual info on said team.

Khris is fine

not a timeline

save us gary woffle (sp?) your our only hope
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,054

Post#57 » by Magic Giannison » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:30 pm

Come on BABY LETS WIN
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#58 » by Shaffty » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:33 pm

chonestown wrote:
Shaffty wrote:every day I am impressed by this boards commitment to the Bucks fandom enough to post on a 25 year old message board yet inability to get actual info on said team.

Khris is fine

not a timeline

save us gary woffle (sp?) your our only hope

Its nothing to worry about

Read on Twitter
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,641

Post#59 » by RogerMurdock » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:48 pm

[Middleton passes away]

RealGM: Pansy, show some heart, some desire.
AntetokounmBros
Rookie
And1: 1,202

Post#60 » by AntetokounmBros » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:50 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:[Middleton passes away]

RealGM: Pansy, show some heart, some desire.

Khris Brittleton amirite

Return to Milwaukee Bucks