ImageImage

Bucks beat the Bulls - Postgame thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Re: Bucks beat the Bulls - Postgame thread 

Post#41 » by -Jragon- » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:53 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I was traveling and PP was supposed to do the PG thread. I guess the game was too late for him :lol: :wink:

He said in the GT he might fall asleep. And asked if he did someone make a PG
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,150

Post#42 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:54 am

Profound23 wrote:Great win...now the real tests begin

Tough upcoming stretch. Khris back either Monday or Wednesday. We're playing so well that I almost hope Khris takes more time although his pending bonus no doubt will get him back on the court soon :wink: Crowder has embraced his defensive role.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,150

Post#43 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:56 am

-Jragon- wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I was traveling and PP was supposed to do the PG thread. I guess the game was too late for him :lol: :wink:

I guess after 21 years he gets some slack. :D But I'll make sure he's not doing PG threads on the west coast trip. 8-)
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#44 » by -Jragon- » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:00 am

People ragging on Gallo are too early... we're his 3rd team this year, 3rd coach, 3rd system, ACL all last year, we got him for free ... might even be a new position.. was he ever a center? give him time tho and let him get used to everyone and how we play.. he was on scrub teams too. He needs to find his role and shooting touch.

I also see potential that it turns out like Jae last year but again we gave up nothing -- great gamble that could payoff huge and he can eat minutes vs unicorn if Brook cant in a series vs Boston
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,392

Post#45 » by RiotPunch » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:16 am

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,828

Post#46 » by tedbrogen » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:53 am

AussieBuck wrote:It really does suck that Dame is in a long funk but he's still getting guarded like a superstar and it's amazing how much more energy Giannis seems to have when he's not having to create so much offense for himself outside the three. He's playing more games, more minutes and almost never gassed. Previous seasons he's been always exhausted.

This is why myself and others wanted someone who could initiate the offense. Clearly you don’t want to totally take the ball out of Giannis’ hands as he’s an all time talent on both ends but it was super dumb to have him initiating every possession himself from the top of the key. He was wasting so much energy when the more sensible things was to sometimes use him as a screen and a lot of times set him up for post ISOs on the elbow.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,828

Post#47 » by tedbrogen » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:58 am

Love that Doc has guys knowing their roles. Especially that Bobby and Bev know their role is be physical and annoying. (Bobby tearing boards away from Drummond and Bev shutting down DD when he started to get going in the second half) Bulls started out the game being physical trying to muck up the whole game and the Bucks took it to another level and broke them mentally to the point Vuc basically intentionally got himself ejected.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#48 » by RiotPunch » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:07 am

Thought Jae did great on DeRozan. Also, just emphasizing blitzing the best opponent scorer. Gives me a little hope against Boston. Brown does not respond well to pressure like that. Interested to see how we stack up in a couple weeks.
#FreeChuckDiesel
tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 755

Post#49 » by tonyreyes123 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:39 am

Giannis didn’t exist the Bucks are Portland from last year
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#50 » by RiotPunch » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:49 am

tedbrogen wrote:Love that Doc has guys knowing their roles. Especially that Bobby and Bev know their role is be physical and annoying. (Bobby tearing boards away from Drummond and Bev shutting down DD when he started to get going in the second half) Bulls started out the game being physical trying to muck up the whole game and the Bucks took it to another level and broke them mentally to the point Vuc basically intentionally got himself ejected.

Giannis maybe did not want to admit it, but he and this group needed order and structure. Bud, as much as I wanted him fired by the end, established clear order and structure. Grief charmed Giannis as a former player who can relate, but it became almost immediately evident that there was no order or structure. Inmates running the asylum. Credit to Doc for seemingly threading the needle now of former player who can relate whilst establishing clear order and structure.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,291

Post#51 » by Coach Carter » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:53 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Love this. His progression towards the monster we see today.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 1,017

Post#52 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Mar 2, 2024 9:29 am

tonyreyes123 wrote:Giannis didn’t exist the Bucks are Portland from last year

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,749

Post#53 » by yannisk » Sat Mar 2, 2024 10:44 am

with all the talk about Beasley vs Grayson Allen is worth noting that DDV would have been the best fit. He has 41%3p on 7.7 shots and he is pretty good defender (certainly better than Beas and Allen)
tsamo
Junior
And1: 212

Post#54 » by tsamo » Sat Mar 2, 2024 10:46 am

RiotPunch wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:Love that Doc has guys knowing their roles. Especially that Bobby and Bev know their role is be physical and annoying. (Bobby tearing boards away from Drummond and Bev shutting down DD when he started to get going in the second half) Bulls started out the game being physical trying to muck up the whole game and the Bucks took it to another level and broke them mentally to the point Vuc basically intentionally got himself ejected.

Giannis maybe did not want to admit it, but he and this group needed order and structure. Bud, as much as I wanted him fired by the end, established clear order and structure. Grief charmed Giannis as a former player who can relate, but it became almost immediately evident that there was no order or structure. Inmates running the asylum. Credit to Doc for seemingly threading the needle now of former player who can relate whilst establishing clear order and structure.

Totally agree on this.

But I think Giannis made the mistake of trusting that the front office would put competent candidates in front of him, so he was more focused on vibes and line of thinking than anything else.
To this day, I don't get how Griffin made it through all the proccesses of the front office when searching for a new head coach.

In other news, Dame still worries me greatly, at least on the offensive side. I actually like his performance and effort so far on the defensive side after the Doc hiring.

Also, I wonder if those lineups with Giannis and all bench players will be a staple going forward. If so, maybe Green, Beauchamp and Jackson Jr can get some burn. They certainly wouldn't hurt compared to some other performances we've seen so far.
slos
Starter
And1: 1,196

Post#55 » by slos » Sat Mar 2, 2024 11:01 am

Giannis is hitting 7/9 of his 3s after the ASG and has also 44/60 FTs. Small sample in 5 winning games.
tsamo
Junior
And1: 212

Post#56 » by tsamo » Sat Mar 2, 2024 11:14 am

slos wrote:Giannis is hitting 7/9 of his 3s after the ASG and has also 44/60 FTs. Small sample in 5 winning games.

IF Giannis makes his next 3pt attempt, he will have his single best season hitting 3s, percentage wise, sincce his rookie year.
But knowing him, he will enter a slump in his 3pt shooting right about now, lol.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,749

Post#57 » by yannisk » Sat Mar 2, 2024 11:39 am

tsamo wrote:
slos wrote:Giannis is hitting 7/9 of his 3s after the ASG and has also 44/60 FTs. Small sample in 5 winning games.

IF Giannis makes his next 3pt attempt, he will have his single best season hitting 3s, percentage wise, sincce his rookie year.
But knowing him, he will enter a slump in his 3pt shooting right about now, lol.

we all know its temporary and he will regress again, but just for the fun of it :D in the last 17 games Giannis has 46.4 %3p
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,392

Post#58 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:00 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

I guess after 21 years he gets some slack. :D But I'll make sure he's not doing PG threads on the west coast trip. 8-)

Had a deadline work project that kept me up all Thursday night. Then at 6pm last night I looked at the GT and saw the 9pm start and said ****!
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,743

Post#59 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:26 pm

What's nice is that Freak isn't forcing the threes. He was 2/3 last night? I think taking 2 per game is fine.

The quiet confidence I see is that the FT line. His release and arc look consistent even on misses, for the most part.

His passing out of the short roll and decision-making in general have been spectacular recently. He could've easily had 12 assists in that game last night if a few guys hit their averages on shots (Dame/Beas).
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,809

Post#60 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:30 pm

yannisk wrote:
tsamo wrote:

we all know its temporary and he will regress again, but just for the fun of it :D in the last 17 games Giannis has 46.4 %3p

How do we know that? He's been greatly improved this year from mid range, and he's reportedly been a knock down 3 point shooter in practice for quite awhile.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks