ImageImage

Post Game Bucks/Heat

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

NOODLESTYLE
Lead Assistant
And1: 828

Post#41 » by NOODLESTYLE » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:19 am

Good Game. I wasn't expecting the Bucks to lose against the Heat.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#42 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:20 am

Hardaway 10 wrote:Did Yi get hurt? Why didn't he play the last few minutes?

Villanueva was playing well so Krystkowiak stuck with him. I was more surprised Simmons didn't get any run in the fourth quarter. He was sensational in the third and I don't know why Ivey played the whole fourth quarter. Bell was playing well so I had no problem with him remaining in the game with Mo, but Simmons could have easily been brought back into the game. I think he earned more minutes tonight.
Nothing will not break me.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,412

Post#43 » by rilamann » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:21 am

bayrdbandit wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

if that's true then i've just lost a lot of respect for redd. be a man and admit you've got a problem. it's a lot easier to overcome that way.

having said that, redd looked like he was smiling and laughing on the bench at the end there.

How dare Bogut want the team to play team basketball and with better overall effort,what a jerkoff.

Great job by Redd for ripping Bogut,this team doesnt need **** like Andrew Bogut who put team basketball & winning games over personal stats and numbers.

BTW I seriously need to learn how to use the green font.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,388

Post#44 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:22 am

Simulack wrote:-= Mo's at least a decent piece of the puzzle for a young, rebuilding team. He just turned 25 and has a reasonable contract.

I'm all for trading Redd.....but before we put Mo's bust on the bow of the Titanic, remember that Mo did this against "Chris Quinn"

Mo's got to beat down not just guys like Quinn but the Beno Udrih's of the world as well. But I'll take it tonight.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#45 » by Simulack » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:22 am

rilamann wrote:BTW I seriously need to learn how to use the green font.

All you need to do is adjust the font color field/drop down menu right above the text box.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#46 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:23 am

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm all for trading Redd.....but before we put Mo's bust on the bow of the Titanic, remember that Mo did this against "Chris Quinn"

Mo's got to beat down not just guys like Quinn but the Beno Udrih's of the world as well. But I'll take it tonight.

Mo has averaged 22/9/4 over his last four or last five. In that stretch he's faced Kidd, Billups, Iverson, Hinrich.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#47 » by trwi7 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:24 am

rilamann wrote:BTW I seriously need to learn how to use the green font.

Just highlight what you want to be in green and then above the typing box it says "font colour" just click on the drop down menu and select green.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Bballer2306
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#48 » by Bballer2306 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:24 am

Simulack wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Like I said in the game thread, didn't Yi actually get that one on Quinn? Both of them were near there and I thought it was Yi who actually blocked it. Might be wrong.

Mo at 22/9/4 over the last 4 games.

No, it was Bogut. Both commentators said it was Bogut.

I remember Bogut waiting for Quinn to put up the shot, then Bogut just swatted him from behind with ease. I remember and I am sure it was Bogut who got the block.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#49 » by WEFFPIM » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:25 am

LUKE23 wrote:He should have played the entire fourth, he was very effective at the beginning of it and then he was out.

CV was more effective.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,198

Post#50 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:25 am

LUKE23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Mo has averaged 22/9/4 over his last four or last five. In that stretch he's faced Kidd, Billups, Iverson, Hinrich.

And boom goes the dynamite.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#51 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:26 am

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

CV was more effective.

Offensively I'd probably agree, I just thought Yi was being pretty damn active on the glass and on defense and didn't need to be taken out. He started the quarter with a dunk as well.
Simulack
RealGM

Post#52 » by Simulack » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:27 am

paulpressey25 wrote:I'm all for trading Redd.....but before we put Mo's bust on the bow of the Titanic, remember that Mo did this against "Chris Quinn"

True.

Most of my preference for Mo has to do with his contract/age. Although I've always been a big Mo supporter, I still admit at this point he's only a slightly above average PG. But he's improving.. he's averaging Chris Paul type numbers the last 5 games.

Add in the fact that Mo appears to be a very coachable player and I'd definitely send Redd packing between the two.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,388

Post#53 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:27 am

LUKE23 wrote:-= Mo has averaged 22/9/4 over his last four or last five. In that stretch he's faced Kidd, Billups, Iverson, Hinrich.

He didn't play against Billups...Iverson lit him up and we lost to the Nets and Bulls....you have to look at the defense in addition to the stats....

But I agree that Mo is playing nice ball now. He's just got to bring it consistently on both ends....
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#54 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:28 am

Offensively I'd probably agree, I just thought Yi was being pretty damn active on the glass and on defense and didn't need to be taken out. He started the quarter with a dunk as well.

I think they both played well but Villanueva deserved to get minutes in the fourth because of how good he was in the second. And when he came back in and was still playing well, Krystkowiak stuck with him. I don't think that was a mistake.
Nothing will not break me.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#55 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:28 am

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He didn't play against Billups...Iverson lit him up and we lost to the Nets and Bulls....you have to look at the defense in addition to the stats....

But I agree that Mo is playing nice ball now. He's just got to bring it consistently on both ends....

Good points. I just think he plays more team ball than Redd, is more coachable than Redd, and is obviously younger with a better contract. When looking at our backcourt the two need to be compared because one of them has to be moved. For me it's Redd 20 times out of 20.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#56 » by showtimesam » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:29 am

I like mo and those numbers are solid, but pretty meaningless when you considered the bucks only won one game (against an nbdl quality opponent.)

So I can't get too excited about him at this point.
Simulack
RealGM

Post#57 » by Simulack » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:29 am

paulpressey25 wrote:But I agree that Mo is playing nice ball now. He's just got to bring it consistently on both ends....

Agreed but he seems to be at least trying.. he ran down the court at the end of the game tonight and broke up a fast break opportunity for the Heat when they had a chance to pull within 6 (I believe).

When was the last time you could say something like that regarding Redd?

Its obviously not the best indication of defense but Mo is also averaging over 2 steals in the last games again in addition to his 22/9/4 Chris Paul like stat line.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#58 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:30 am

Simulack wrote:Add in the fact that Mo appears to be a very coachable player and I'd definitely send Redd packing between the two.
Yeah the advantage of Mo isn't that he's better than Redd (he probably isn't). It's that he's more willing to play within a team concept, that he makes half as much money, and that he's three years closer to Yi's age.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#59 » by Nowak008 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:31 am

Yi had a very quiet but solid stat line.

21 mins:

10 points on 57% /7 rbs/2 ast/3 stl/ and a block. He does a little bit of everything.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,198

Post#60 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:32 am

Just checking, when are Mo's stats meaningful?

Only when he plays poorly?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks