ImageImage

Michael Hunt on fire-calls for team to be blown up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#41 » by THE DINJ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:47 pm

Another interesting thing about this article is the timing. It didn't come out after the 40+ point loss to the Pistons. It came out a couple days after a road win vs Miami. Another reason to think that this is partly based on inside information.

But I'm probably reading way too much into it...
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,383

Post#42 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:07 pm

THE DINJ wrote:But I'm probably reading way too much into it...

You're not....we all know the MJS. They write NOTHING about the Bucks other than boring game summaries unless they were fed information.

We all know the list....heck remember that Gardner(?) article that talked about how TJ might be traded that just showed up about 48 hours before the deal?

I still go back to that Yahoo blurb above talking about Harris/Kohl and Rick Sund. No one can make up as detailed and specific a story like that unless someone in the Bucks inner circle leaked something out. And it was leaked for a purpose.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter
And1: 0

Post#43 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:16 pm

I couldn't agree more Press, A few weeks ago I asked you about Babcock, now I will ask you for a refresher on Sund and your take on him? Who else would be a good candidate?
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,383

Post#44 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:38 pm

We talk a lot about Sund in this thread:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=746397

I really can't comment on his time with Seattle the last few years. You guys can judge for yourself what you think there.

But I can tell you that at one time back in 1980-85 period he was considered a top tier and maybe the up and coming young player personnel guy in the league with the Mavericks. He has ties here and could work for Kohl. But as we know the game has changed from 25-years ago.

As we all know, we aren't getting a powerful GM in this job, but I'd be fine with Sund being a different voice whispering ideas in Kohl's ear. One advantage we can rationalize is that Sund is older than Larry (late 50's) so he might carry more weight with Kohl and the braintrust and Sund has worked for a number of different teams and situations so he brings an outside perspective of how other teams do things that Larry Harris doesn't have.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter

Post#45 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:49 pm

I would say he did a good job in Seattle. Obviously when McMillan left the defense went to hell in a handbasket. The jury is still out on his drafting. Swift, Sene, and Petro-all young project big men.
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.
BrewersGM
Banned User

Post#46 » by BrewersGM » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:52 pm

This organization will continue to struggle intil Kohl sells. I didnt know Hunt had a pair to say things like that. Like other people have been saying, he gives no ideas on what needs to be done. He is just angry....
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 868

Post#47 » by Epicurus » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:52 pm

To elaborate on a point made in this thread by EastSideBucksFan,

1. Assistant coaches inheriting a winning team produce good records and even storied careers;
2. Assitant coaches inheriting a mediocre or bad team produce mediocre or bad records and get fired within three years, unless and only if during that time a franchise savior joins the team.

Most head coaches begin as assistant coaches. The usual projection of their careers is largely dependent upon how and what they inherit. The all-time best that I recall offhand was Pat Reilly whose head coach got ill and he got to take over a good club. Under your fascile prescription he also should be elimnated from head coaching at the time.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#48 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:56 pm

Epicurus wrote:To elaborate on a point made in this thread by EastSideBucksFan,

1. Assistant coaches inheriting a winning team produce good records and even storied careers;
2. Assitant coaches inheriting a mediocre or bad team produce mediocre or bad records and get fired within three years, unless and only if during that time a franchise savior joins the team.

Most head coaches begin as assistant coaches. The usual projection of their careers is largely dependent upon how and what they inherit. The all-time best that I recall offhand was Pat Reilly whose head coach got ill and he got to take over a good club. Under your fascile prescription he also should be elimnated from head coaching at the time.

Name me other franchises that were willing to offer those assitant coaches head coaching jobs. Stotts technically had experience as a head coach, but he was the default coach and only remained b/c the ATL ownership was too muddled with red tape to care about firing someone else.

Terry Porter - Milwaukee/WI/Stevens Point connections

Terry Stotts - Former Bucks assistant coach during successful period

Larry Krysktowiak - Former Bucks players.

There are/were no other franchises looking at these guys as head coaching candidates
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,555

Post#49 » by jokeboy86 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:06 pm

The Bucks have officially become irrelevant in Wisconsin. I think Kohl selling the team is imminent anytime now and here's why:

The Bucks being mediocre is nothing new to Kohl, but the difference today is for the first time there are serious arena issues that Kohl has been fortunate enough to not have to deal with in the past. Losing franchises will not get new arenas period. The problems with the team on the court and off might convince Kohl that the popularity for keeping the team in Milwaukee isn't worth the money and upcoming problems that are coming for this franchise.

Also like someone previously stated, Kohl is rarely criticised in the press for anything and the last thing he needs is the local media to start writing articles and talking about his tenure as Bucks owner.

Kohl wants to be remembered as the guy who kept the Bucks in Milwaukee, but the Bucks have been so mediocre and bad that for the first time, people including the casual Wisconsin sports fan just don't care anymore if they leave or not.
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#50 » by Bucks_Revenge » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:35 pm

I make an opinion and you guys call me dumb...you know what **** this board all of you are just some nerdy hypocrites anyway.

I get paid to watch bucks games while the rest of you pay $1000 of dollars for season tickets...who's the idiot now.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#51 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:38 pm

Bucks_Revenge wrote:I make an opinion and you guys call me dumb...you know what **** this board all of you are just some nerdy hypocrites anyway.

I get paid to watch bucks games while the rest of you pay $1000 of dollars for season tickets...who's the idiot now.

:rofl:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,196

Post#52 » by midranger » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:46 pm

Bucks_Revenge wrote:I make an opinion and you guys call me dumb...you know what **** this board all of you are just some nerdy hypocrites anyway.

You?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#53 » by BuckFan25226 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:46 pm

Put a coherent sentence together once in a while and people might start taking you seriously.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#54 » by REDDzone » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:51 pm

Bucks_Revenge wrote:I get paid to watch bucks games while the rest of you pay $1000 of dollars for season tickets...who's the idiot now.

Ahh, memories of Deepthroat...
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Fandom
Junior
And1: 1

Post#55 » by Fandom » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:52 pm

Sounds like someone thinks the internetz is serious business! :rofl:

Back on topic, I concur with most of what's been said in this thread. I enjoyed Mike's article and was happy to see someone finally call out the Senator.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#56 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:53 pm

Deepthroat was an usher at the BC too?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#57 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:59 pm

adamcz wrote:Deepthroat was an usher at the BC too?

:lol:

No way he was just teh awesome and the presence of him at the Bradley Center caused the doors to magically open and the ticket vendors and guards to freeze allowing him to walk in. While the guards were frozen he just took their wallets.

Hey that sounds like Legends of the Hidden Temple except when you retrieve whatever you're supposed to get the Temple Guards just vanish.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
heynow
Pro Prospect

Post#58 » by heynow » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:03 pm

I guess this was aimed at my comment.
Yes I think the comment you made was too dumb to take seriously.
Grunfeld and Karl provided the one period (be it a short one) of success this franchise has experienced over 20 years.
To equate what they did to "wrecking a franchise" is simple minded. WHen you compare their histories in the league with that of Herb and his inner circle of half-wits, basketball illiterate yes-men, totties and dolts there is no comparison. Kohl has spent the last 25 years running a franchise that when he took it over was one of the most successful in the league into a ditch. One with a first-rate basketball men in key positions. He ran Nellie off. Why? Was Nellie trying to wreck the franchise to?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,005

Post#59 » by emunney » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:09 pm

We barely survived Nelson's string of 7 50 win seasons.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
heynow
Pro Prospect

Post#60 » by heynow » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:22 pm

Rick Sund would be a good start.
Now the million dollar question is; "will Herb allow him to make the evaluation of talent necessary and then the moves he sees fit?" or will Herb continue to force GMs to do his bidding?

If the later is true Sund will quit after 6 months.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks