ImageImage

Is Redd going to be traded in the next couple of days?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,388

Post#41 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:12 pm

Mo Williams as we all know only cost $1.6mm in cap room from our MLE which we get every year.....

People forget when we gave Kenny Norman that big (at the time) 6-year/$18mm deal to come here from the Clippers....amen we had cap room that season. Opportunities like Norman don't come around much.

Coincidence or not that the only two major FA's we've lured here in the last 15-years were midwest guys who wanted to bail on the Clippers?

Our only hope of ever using cap room outside the MLE is to absorb salary from some other team's overpaid guy.....like how Charlotte took on Jason Richardson for a draft pick.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#42 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:01 pm

If you guys use our poor history of capspace as evidence that capspace is useless, then you also have to use our poor history of trades as evidence that trading is useless, and same for drafting.

There are only three ways to acquire players. Signing, drafting, and trading. None of them are useless, and none of them are guarantees.

But if you have $60+ million in salaries, then signings (even the MLE) aren't an option here. So drafting and trading are your only options. If you're content with the players we've got, or think that Simmons/Villanueva/Bell can be traded for the guys that make us contenders, then I guess you don't need cap space.

Also, the FACT remains, that free agents sign wherever they get the biggest offer 99% of the time. So the idea that Milwaukee is at a huge disadvantage compared to the rest of the league is mostly paranoid bull.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#43 » by jerrod » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:11 pm

adamcz wrote:If you guys use our poor history of capspace as evidence that capspace is useless, then you also have to use our poor history of trades as evidence that trading is useless, and same for drafting.

don't forget our poor history of playing basketball games :D
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#44 » by Neapolitan Buck » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:16 pm

To me in the next couple of days Larry Harris has more chances than Redd to be out of the Bucks organization.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,294

Post#45 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:23 pm

rsavaj wrote:Would you guys do http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash= + the ATL pick from the Suns?

I would absolutely do that trade as long as that draft pick is involved. Without that draft pick, I wouldn't.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#46 » by BobbyLight » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:25 pm

adamcz wrote:If you guys use our poor history of capspace as evidence that capspace is useless, then you also have to use our poor history of trades as evidence that trading is useless, and same for drafting.

The problem is that you can easily prove the Bucks have been far more succsesful in drafting and trading then they have been in free agency. It's not even close.

We have drafted:
Bogut
Yi
Redd
TJ Ford
Ersan Ilysova
Dan Gazuric (who looked good for a 2nd round pick until we paid him 36 mil)
Ramon Sessions (yet to play in the NBA, but has shown promise in the NBADL)

We have traded for:
CV
Jamaal Magloire
Desomnd Mason (first time around)
Sam Cassell
Tim Thomas

Granted we have some faliures in there as well. Drafting Tractor, trading for Damir Markota, drafting Noel (not that bad, it was a second round pick). But it is still so much easier to prove the Bucks are better drafters and traders then picking free agents.

You also make the argument that players go where there is more money 99% of the time. That means that 99% of the time they will sign with their own team because their own team will probally have bird rights and probally outbid everyone else, like we did with Redd. That argument seems to go against your support of getting cap space.

Getting cap space has never helped this team (proven by histroy) and I doubt that will change while the same person (Kohl) is in charge. If you can give some vaild reason to get cap space (not so we can sign a vet or two here and there and be paitent) that would be great.

This team has to do something now. They don't have to win a championship now, but they need to get the city of Milwaukee interested again. If that means getting a player with a name or some players who can show that can actually improve the team then thats what we need to do. You may be fine with treading water, but the city of Milwaukee isn't. And if all we do is tread water, the team is GONE. That's what cap space and paitence with get this team. A move to St. Louis. or wherever.
heynow
Pro Prospect

Post#47 » by heynow » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:45 pm

A bit of inside information. There will be a meeting tomorrow with Harris, Kohl and some of the other bandits who are stealing money over on Water and Wells in attendance. Would a meteorite be to much to pray for.
Redbeardwirc0830
Banned User

Post#48 » by Redbeardwirc0830 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:15 pm

adamcz wrote:I don't know, but here's my new favorite Redd trade (checker approved of course).

Redd+Gadzuric
for
Corey Brewer + Ratliff (exp) + Doleac (exp)

maybe if they would throw in their first....then we could get beasly
Redbeardwirc0830
Banned User

Post#49 » by Redbeardwirc0830 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:17 pm

we really need to just clean house right now. everyone is made available.....

except redd, yi, and bogut. the rest should be moved. i don't mind having ivey and voshkul around though.
magpies
Senior

Post#50 » by magpies » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:23 pm

I see Redd going he sat out the last part of the 4th quater against The Heat and we showed we can win without him doing it on his own,
I can't see Mo and Redd being traded at the same time but Bell, Gaz and Redd.

I would put feelers out on Bogut but I have a feeling that trading him could bite us hard if he goes out for another team and he plays well
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM

Post#51 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:23 pm

You also make the argument that players go where there is more money 99% of the time. That means that 99% of the time they will sign with their own team because their own team will probally have bird rights and probally outbid everyone else, like we did with Redd. That argument seems to go against your support of getting cap space.
And whether you know it or not, you are making the argument that keeping Simmons and Gadzuric is better than replacing them with $20 million worth of new players. Maybe you really believe that that money cannot be used more productively than it is, but that's where you're wrong. A couple small $3 million contracts like Voskuhl would give us more depth and leadership than what Gadzuric offers us.

This is not a signing players vs drafting players debate. It is signing and drafting players vs just keeping the guys we have.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#52 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:26 pm

Lebron is sitting out of practice today with a bruised toe or something. The pieces all fit, the Cavs are trading us Lebron for Redd because they feel it will bring in more fans due to the religious draw.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,833

Post#53 » by worthlessBucks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:27 pm

heynow wrote:A bit of inside information. There will be a meeting tomorrow with Harris, Kohl and some of the other bandits who are stealing money over on Water and Wells in attendance. Would a meteorite be to much to pray for.

I think we should see if Redd_Revenge is working at the establishment of this meeting, maybe he can do a little eavesdropping.

I imagine the setup will look very similar to my avatar :lol:
Go Bucks!
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#54 » by Chapter29 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:29 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I actually totally agree with this

:clap:

Me too and I seldom agree, heck seldom understand MBBOT.

Capspace is useless for us at this point. Our current roster is not ideal and a change may indeed be forth coming but moving players for capspace is absurd.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#55 » by Chapter29 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:33 pm

There are only three ways to acquire players. Signing, drafting, and trading. None of them are useless, and none of them are guarantees.

But if you have $60+ million in salaries, then signings (even the MLE) aren't an option here. So drafting and trading are your only options. If you're content with the players we've got, or think that Simmons/Villanueva/Bell can be traded for the guys that make us contenders, then I guess you don't need cap space.

Also, the FACT remains, that free agents sign wherever they get the biggest offer 99% of the time. So the idea that Milwaukee is at a huge disadvantage compared to the rest of the league is mostly paranoid bull.

Yep and the fact remains that most of these players choose their own team for that reason. The rest leave for other reasons as well and seldom do they choose Milwaukee.

If we trade, I want talent, not expiring deals. Capspace will get us nowhere. We can land an average FA or 2 sure, but that gets us nowhere.
Giannis
is
UponUs
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM

Post#56 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:33 pm

Chapter29 wrote:Capspace is useless for us at this point.
So you agree with the others that it wouldn't be possible to sign more productive players than Dan Gadzuric and Bobby Simmons?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#57 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:34 pm

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:Lebron is sitting out of practice today with a bruised toe or something. The pieces all fit, the Cavs are trading us Lebron for Redd because they feel it will bring in more fans due to the religious draw.

:rofl:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#58 » by Buck You » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:35 pm

Lakers fan offered this.
B-Scott wrote:Lakers could offer

Kwame ( expiring)

Sasha (expiring)

And a choice between Farmar and Javaris Crittenton with a 1# pick in 2008 thrown in

Basically you would get Cap Space and a future PG on his rookie contract

I think Crittenton and Mo Williams would have a lot of potential. Plus you get Cap Spae

It works in the trade checker and is a pretty good deal I'd say. Especially Crittenton.
B-Scott
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#59 » by B-Scott » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:36 pm

Would you guys consider a deal like this with the Lakers

2008 1# Pick

Kwame (expiring)

Sasha (expiring)

and a choice between Jordan Farmar or Javaris Crittenton

You would get Cap Space and eiher Farmar or Crittenton on there rookie contract.

Crittenton might fit in with Mo Williams better then Farmar because he's 6-4 and can play shooting guard
ZenBaller
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#60 » by ZenBaller » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:38 pm

Redd is a great guy, a very good 2nd best player but you can't count your franchise success on him.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks