ImageImage

Another Redd trade thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#41 » by sipclip » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:12 am

Simulack wrote:Clippers trade 7 players? Is Dunleavy returning to his player/coach days?

Guys like Dickau, Powell and Williams are worthless. You guys could waive some of your worthless players like Ivey, Ruffin, Storey and Noel to make the deal happen.
RyGuy24
General Manager
And1: 107

Post#42 » by RyGuy24 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:21 am

Simulack wrote:What do you think of the trade Coldfish posted, Ryguy?

Bulls trade:
Duhon $3M expiring
Sefolosha
Tyrus Thomas
Andres Nocioni

for
Redd

I'm a little more interested in using Redd to bring us a big man. Value wise, the trade is fine. I would just be holding out until we can use those players to get a scoring big which is what we obviously need most. But hell, with the way we've played this year, i'd definitely consider it. Redd would give us the insurance to shop Gordon, if we don't want to pay him. In the end, a scoring big is what we need so I would probably hold off until we get that, or like i've been suggesting, use Redd to get Gasol since it seems he would be a good match in Memphis. Memphis' GM (Wallace) was talking about possible trades and said that he needed to get sure things back in trades, not just potential. Hello, Michael Redd. Memphis fans surely seem to love him (even since last year when Gasol demanded a trade).

PS- Just so you guys know, consensus among Bulls fans is that Nocioni is very overrated. He seems to just come in and chuck now, he plays bad defense (though he does draw alot of charges), and takes time away from our young guys who we'd actually like to see have a chance to develop. He obviously is a great guy and is the definition of "warrior" and "hustle", but he's not THAT amazing.
R.I.P Red , Norm, Bullsmaniac, and pdenninggolden.
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#43 » by Simulack » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:26 am

But if Redd could get Gasol, the Bucks would just do the deal instead of involving Chicago. Gasol's a better player than Redd. We would have to move Yi or Bogut to the bench or play Yi at the 3 spot more but when you have a chance to get a 2nd tier big for a 2nd tier SG you do it and work out those details later.

I do think Nocioni is sometimes overrated here. If you compare him to other SF's in the East (or NBA), he would be a below average starters. Still, he is worlds better than Mason or Simmons.
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#44 » by aaprigs311 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:32 am

i could maybe see tyrus thomas being useful for the bucks but why would they want a mike miller or a nocioni? we already have a plethera of pussy 3's and 4's. the bucks need a dominant BIG. A 20/10 guy who'll clean the glass and block some shots. bogut hasn't lived up to expectations, but he isn't a bad player. He's turned out to be more of a brad miller role player and that's fine, but we need a banger. To hell with mike miller, he's a great shooter, but how does he solve any of the bucks problems. i say we go after brand. give the clips whatever they want and start there. he'd be a manimal in the east. any other bigs that could be targeted? Gasol is an option i suppose, but he just isn't as dependable as brand and he i'm sure he'd have an attitude about playin in mil town. nevertheless, it'll take a lot to remake this team. i'd start by handing larry ''the snake" harris the pink slip and work from there.
RyGuy24
General Manager
And1: 107

Post#45 » by RyGuy24 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:18 am

Simulack wrote:But if Redd could get Gasol, the Bucks would just do the deal instead of involving Chicago. Gasol's a better player than Redd. We would have to move Yi or Bogut to the bench or play Yi at the 3 spot more but when you have a chance to get a 2nd tier big for a 2nd tier SG you do it and work out those details later.

I do think Nocioni is sometimes overrated here. If you compare him to other SF's in the East (or NBA), he would be a below average starters. Still, he is worlds better than Mason or Simmons.

I really think come the trading deadline you could get Gasol for Redd (those two being the basic players, of course another player or two may be included). I just thought that with Yi, Bogut, and CV, you guys wouldn't really have room for another big who will get a lot of minutes. I thought it's kind of like us and Redd, we don't really need him. But obiously, you know more about the Bucks future plans than I.
R.I.P Red , Norm, Bullsmaniac, and pdenninggolden.
JHSFIVE
Starter
And1: 214

Post#46 » by JHSFIVE » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:32 am

I've never done a trade before but how bout this????

Philly trades:

Andre Miller (expiring)
Kevin Ollie (Exp)
Thad Young
08 1st round pick

for

Mike Redd
08 2nd rounder

Why for Milw:

Milwaukee finally gets a PG in Miller. For the remander of this season, we'll see if he and Mo can work with mo at SG. If it works, offer dre a deal. If not, Let him expire. If Milw lets him expire, that gives them some flexibility for signing Bogut and others. I vote for letting him expire.

Ollie is just for the salaries to work out.

Young could be a possible solution at being our future SF. When given the oppurtunity, he can be effective(he had 16 and 9 in 22min vs LAL on the 4th of jan)

The pick will prolly be a fringe lotto pick (10-12) but it'll give us 2 lottos for two guys like Maybe Mayo and Griffin :o sounds good to me.

Milw roster:

this year:

Miller/ Ivey
Mo/ Bell/ Dez
Simmons/ Thad/ Dez
Yi/ CV/ Gads/ Ruffin
Bogut/ Voskuhl

08-09 roster:

Mo/ Ivey
Mayo/ Bell
Simmons/ Young
Yi/ Griffin/ Gads
Bogut/ Voskuhl

The two Rooks obviously will vary. Maybe throw Rose into that mix? Gordon?

What to do with CV?? possibly another deal?

Why for Philly:

They get an elite scorer in Redd for Miller(who might be gone anyway), a lotto pick and Thad Young. Redd, Iggy and Dalembert will be there foundation and Philly gives Louis Williams (who has shown promise) a shot at PG.

Whattya think?

PS: dont bash me too much. It's my first time :wink:
OzzyInTheLake
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#47 » by OzzyInTheLake » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:14 am

JHSFIVE wrote:I've never done a trade before but how bout this????

Philly trades:

Andre Miller (expiring)
Kevin Ollie (Exp)
Thad Young
08 1st round pick

for

Mike Redd
08 2nd rounder

Why for Milw:

Milwaukee finally gets a PG in Miller. For the remander of this season, we'll see if he and Mo can work with mo at SG. If it works, offer dre a deal. If not, Let him expire. If Milw lets him expire, that gives them some flexibility for signing Bogut and others. I vote for letting him expire.

Ollie is just for the salaries to work out.

Young could be a possible solution at being our future SF. When given the oppurtunity, he can be effective(he had 16 and 9 in 22min vs LAL on the 4th of jan)

The pick will prolly be a fringe lotto pick (10-12) but it'll give us 2 lottos for two guys like Maybe Mayo and Griffin :o sounds good to me.

Milw roster:

this year:

Miller/ Ivey
Mo/ Bell/ Dez
Simmons/ Thad/ Dez
Yi/ CV/ Gads/ Ruffin
Bogut/ Voskuhl

08-09 roster:

Mo/ Ivey
Mayo/ Bell
Simmons/ Young
Yi/ Griffin/ Gads
Bogut/ Voskuhl

The two Rooks obviously will vary. Maybe throw Rose into that mix? Gordon?

What to do with CV?? possibly another deal?

Why for Philly:

They get an elite scorer in Redd for Miller(who might be gone anyway), a lotto pick and Thad Young. Redd, Iggy and Dalembert will be there foundation and Philly gives Louis Williams (who has shown promise) a shot at PG.

Whattya think?

PS: dont bash me too much. It's my first time :wink:

I'm no expert on mock trades/player value either, but i don't mind this trade at all... I'm still pretty high on Young (who had another decent game today), but think his game would have developed a whole lot more if he had stayed in college... and I don't think Philly will make the playoffs after this trade (without Miller) which means the pick will probs be late lottery.

The only problem that I can see is that Philly is in rebuild mode and I don't see how this would help them in that process. Iggy is far better than anyone Redd has played with here, but I don't think that core is good enough to contend (but I don't know whether they have cap space etc. after the trade... maybe they do and can sign a significant free agent and then contend?).
Whiteman
Rookie
And1: 209

Post#48 » by Whiteman » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:33 pm

RyGuy24 wrote:Another Bulls fan here, how would this be?

Bulls trade: Joe Smith, Andres Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, 1st round pick
Bulls get: Pau Gasol

Milwaukee trades: Michael Redd, Dan Gadzuric
Milwaukee receives: Mike Miller, Andres Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, 1st round pick from Chicago

Memphis trades: Pau Gasol, Mike Miller
Memphis gets: Michael Redd, Joe Smith, Dan Gadzuric

I really like the idea of a 3-way trade between these teams. Bucks get a bit much here though, and Grizzlies too little. Tbh I think the Bulls give up a lot as well, but they have enough depth to be able to afford it.

How about:
Bulls trade: Joe Smith, Andres Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, 1st round pick
Bulls get: Pau Gasol

Milwaukee trades: Michael Redd, Dan Gadzuric
Milwaukee receives: Mike Miller, Andres Nocioni, Joe Smith

Memphis trades: Pau Gasol, Mike Miller
Memphis gets: Michael Redd, Tyrus Thomas, Dan Gadzuric, Bulls 1st round pick

Bucks trade their best player and might not get equal value, but get rid of Gadzuric's contract (damn, hate to say that). I'd love to see Yi share the PF spot with Joe Smith for the next year and a half. Dez would become the backup for Miller.

Memphis get an excellent scorer, a young talent and a 1st rounder.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#49 » by WRau1 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:21 pm

Miller is the 3rd best player on his team who cannot create his own shot. Give me a **** break, better than Redd....
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,761

Post#50 » by msiris » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:32 pm

[quote="Whiteman"][/quote]Great trade for all teams except for the Bucks.
Ride the tank
AfricanSensation
Head Coach
And1: 294

Post#51 » by AfricanSensation » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:35 pm

I don't see how the Bulls trade for Redd without Gordon being involved. 1st because the Bucks will need a future SG and SF more than another PF like Tyrus with Yi and CV on the team.

And Gordon may be a 6th man but he play 36+ mpg, where does he get these minutes with Redd there?

IMO its gotta be Redd for Gordon, Nocioni and filler.

Mo Will-Gordon-Nocioni-Yi-Bogut is much better than what the Bucks have right now and younger too.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks