#36 - Andre Jackson Jr

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,225

Re: #36 - Andre Jackson Jr 

Post#421 » by theFireBlanket » Tue Oct 3, 2023 4:00 pm

Read on Twitter

There's another pic from that training session. Giannis looking at AJJ like he's impressed.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,386

Post#422 » by MoreTrife » Tue Oct 3, 2023 4:03 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
Read on Twitter

There's another pic from that training session. Giannis looking at AJJ like he's impressed.

Giannis's calves are just insane. Looks like mech suit legs for space soldiers.
craig
Senior
And1: 128

Post#423 » by craig » Tue Oct 3, 2023 5:45 pm

Will be interesting to see how good he actually is defensively. Getting a reputation as a good defender in college is one thing, and probably comes with good reason; but the NBA can be different. Time will tell.

In his first Summer league game, he had a great block from behind on a guy.... but only because he'd gotten so badly roasted in the first place. I'm a little hesitant to trust that he's going to be a shut-down defender until he plays a little and confirms it.

Sure hope so, though.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,803

Post#424 » by Upperclass » Fri Oct 6, 2023 5:08 pm

Jackson will be the 5th starter in time. He has PJ Tucker, Draymond type of glue guy intangibles. Marjon will get his opportunity as well but hes better as an off-the-bench 3&D 8th man
nagawicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 242

Post#425 » by nagawicka » Fri Oct 6, 2023 5:37 pm

KidA24 wrote:It's amazing how the people who are worried about him not being successful never add the additional two words, he can't be a successful lead ball handler without a shot.... "With Giannis"

Can you imagine Giannis setting a screen for him?

What we can't imagine is Giannis passing the ball to him or for that matter, allowing him or anyone to play point. Why put five on the floor
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,005

Post#426 » by soxperry » Fri Oct 6, 2023 5:51 pm

Upperclass wrote:Jackson will be the 5th starter in time. He has PJ Tucker, Draymond type of glue guy intangibles. Marjon will get his opportunity as well but hes better as an off-the-bench 3&D 8th man

Its not impossible. One thing i forget is that AJJ didnt just slide to our pick because of his shot but because of his medicals. If not for that, he doesn't fall to us.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,884

Post#427 » by engelmartin » Fri Oct 6, 2023 5:52 pm

Upperclass wrote:Jackson will be the 5th starter in time. He has PJ Tucker, Draymond type of glue guy intangibles. Marjon will get his opportunity as well but hes better as an off-the-bench 3&D 8th man

Tend to agree with this but someone should make a poll!
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,214

Post#428 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Oct 6, 2023 6:01 pm

I'm optimistic, but I'm also not gonna say that it'd be a "non-issue" to have such a spacing/scoring liability in the starting lineup. Again, I'd just tell him to watch Bruce Brown tape non-stop. At the very least he needs to develop a corner-3 and some sort of floater game.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,033

Post#429 » by Prez » Fri Oct 6, 2023 6:36 pm

I have successfully deluded myself into believing Dame/MarJon/Dre/Khris/Giannis will be our best/closing 5 by playoff time. This post may be heavily edited if both young guys blow in preseason lol.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,778

Post#430 » by jimmybones » Fri Oct 6, 2023 7:00 pm

Can I claim the number two spot on the AJJ train after emunney?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,038

Post#431 » by emunney » Fri Oct 6, 2023 7:17 pm

stillgotgame wrote:Plays tough D, passes the ball, team guy, but can't shoot. Matches perfectly with Dame. I think this is a sign.

Read on Twitter

Look at this guy.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,038

Post#432 » by emunney » Fri Oct 6, 2023 7:24 pm

Big question is what happens when the guy who every analyst agrees 'makes his teammates better' has Giannis and Dame as teammates? Not sure but it's got a nice ring to it.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
nagawicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 242

Post#433 » by nagawicka » Fri Oct 6, 2023 9:40 pm

soxperry wrote:
KendallMarshall wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Really? He better learn pretty quickly then, because I'm not seeing any sort of realistic path to being an additive offensive player by just running dribble hand-offs and baseline cuts to the basket. You just can't have a dude out there who's that much of a zero offensively in today's league and expect to not be playing 4-on-5.

I mean we did win a championship playing 4 on 5 offensively with pj tucker.

yes, but PJ can reliably hit a corner 3. he's known for it, and that helps with the spacing. if Jackson can't do at least that, it's a big problem.

Yeah, but he didn't, not really. It was an empty threat. PJ's difference-making was the relentless dawg defense and hustle, which freed Jrue up to be the difference-maker, scoring as needed and stealing the ball whenever he wanted. Now tell Jrue to be the PJ shutdown guy AND rack up substantial buckets, all w/o a functional point guard. Like that's ever gonna work. The lip service about 'commitment' wasn't an astute move, not when G's commitment to the Olympics trumped a second championship run, not when the commitment to playing one position well comes after the asinine notion that playing two positions could ever benefit his game or the team. Not when NO ONE thought: Sure, he hurt his right hand, but he can always pass with his left hand, right? He can always pass with his left hand. Bucks won't be fun to watch if they refuse to include the young guns in 5-man play
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#434 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Oct 6, 2023 9:50 pm

nagawicka wrote:
soxperry wrote:
KendallMarshall wrote:I mean we did win a championship playing 4 on 5 offensively with pj tucker.

yes, but PJ can reliably hit a corner 3. he's known for it, and that helps with the spacing. if Jackson can't do at least that, it's a big problem.

Yeah, but he didn't, not really. It was an empty threat.

My guy, PJ literally made more corner-3's than any other player in the league from 2017-2021.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,407

Post#435 » by RiotPunch » Fri Oct 6, 2023 9:55 pm

He did shoot the worst of his playoff career from the corner for us in the 2021, though. Pretty sure that is what Kendall and Naga were referring to. PJ was a threat based on his reputation during that run.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,820

Post#436 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Oct 6, 2023 10:32 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
nagawicka wrote:
soxperry wrote:

Yeah, but he didn't, not really. It was an empty threat.

My guy, PJ literally made more corner-3's than any other player in the league from 2017-2021.

While being unguarded. He had no gravity.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#437 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Oct 6, 2023 10:42 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
nagawicka wrote:Yeah, but he didn't, not really. It was an empty threat.

You guys do understand the value in a guy "making shots" as opposed to just "having gravity", right?
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#438 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Oct 6, 2023 10:46 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:

You guys do understand the value in a guy "making shots" as opposed to just "having gravity", right?

You think the opponent couldn't do math? His percentages were mediocre.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#439 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Oct 6, 2023 11:11 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

What are we doing here? PJ has been a 40% 3PT shooter the last couple years primarily off of corner-3's. He's been one of the most premier corner-3 guys for nearly a decade now. They're almost entirely unguarded because those defenses would still have rather gambled on taking away a Giannis dunk or a Harden layup as opposed to a 38-40% corner-3 guy.

Andre as of now can't shoot 3's like, at all, until he proves otherwise. Combine that with his complete inability to put the ball through the basket outside of putbacks, lobs, and hustle plays, he'll need to develop some additional offensive skill to be effective outside of being the middle-man that passes to the cutter on an inverted pick & roll before I start to entertain the idea that he can seamlessly fit into the role that one of the best glue-guys of 21st century basketball filled. That's precisely why I wanted to see him play more on-ball in Summer League.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#440 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Oct 6, 2023 11:26 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:

What are we doing here? PJ has been a 40% 3PT shooter the last couple years primarily off of corner-3's.

In 2 of the seasons included in the span you originally described, PJ shot 35%

Return to Milwaukee Bucks