Around The League - Wolves v Mav’s and C’s v Indy

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,023

Re: Around The League - Vogel Out and Bud in with Suns 

Post#501 » by Prez » Fri May 10, 2024 5:12 pm

Throw a bag at Vogel to come be an assistant here.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,041

Post#502 » by BUCKnation » Fri May 10, 2024 5:15 pm

Cavs were pretty inept on the road against the unimpressive Magic in the round 1, they'll probably lose in 5 or 6, but getting one on the road for them is an interesting development for the future of the series.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,775

Re: Around The League - Vogel Out 

Post#503 » by DanoMac » Fri May 10, 2024 5:19 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:Bud giving me major the one that got away vibes. Sure the Miami series was our huge, ugly blowup on a night out with our friends moment but neither of us were at our best then.

I agree with you about being the one that got away, but, I've seen multiple reports about the team (not just Giannis) wanting him gone long before the Miami series. And apparently ownership was not fond of him either.

Hopefully some day we get some behind the scenes dirt about that.

BP, BucksStatsGuy, or VooDoo - you guys know anything on that?
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,750

Post#504 » by JayMKE » Fri May 10, 2024 6:28 pm

Bud is a native Arizonan and Phoenix is a championship contender, good opportunity for him.

guess ill have to give up on him repelling from the rafters to save the team one day
FREE GIANNIS
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,261

Post#505 » by Sigra » Fri May 10, 2024 6:33 pm

If Bud is going to have say in roster decisions then he will trade Beal and he will try ti get better rim protection.

Now, we dont want Beal offcourse but some 3 team trade where we give Lopez to Suns and Suns trade Beal to that 3rd team is posible.
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#506 » by yb90 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:54 pm

Sigra wrote:If Bud is going to have say in roster decisions then he will trade Beal and he will try ti get better rim protection.

Now, we dont want Beal offcourse but some 3 team trade where we give Lopez to Suns and Suns trade Beal to that 3rd team is posible.

I just have a feeling this is probably the best time to get Beal. He had a great year numbers wise and if Phx had a real POA defender and rim protector they'll be better.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#507 » by DingleJerry » Fri May 10, 2024 6:55 pm

Sigra wrote:If Bud is going to have say in roster decisions then he will trade Beal and he will try ti get better rim protection.

Does Beal's no-trade clause go away once he waved it to go there? I would think not but don't know for sure.

So if not its tough to trade him because of that but also his ties to the front office which got him there to begin. Its a weird spot to be in as he's clearly the guy who should be traded for whatever role player spare parts you can split him into but for those two reasons its tough to trade him. Booker is young and good, the one guy that should be untouchable. KD is KD, still too good to trade unless he forces your hand. Beal is completely redundant to their skillsets. Spitball of a team that Beal could line up with (forgetting how to match the ridiculous contract) would be Orlando

Side note for them, I think Eric Gordon is a FA. Is he washed enough for MKE to pick up and rot on the bench or will that be 2-3 years from now when he's fully fully cooked? Best guess is trade some 2nds for him at deadline and then sit on bench.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 402

Post#508 » by James1980 » Fri May 10, 2024 11:33 pm

Does Bud's Sun's contract offset what we owed him?
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,630

Post#509 » by Bernman » Fri May 10, 2024 11:35 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I still see the Celtics taking the East. Neither the Cavs series nor the ECF will go 6 or 7. The Finals will be interesting though. Minnesota is the team to beat (for now).

C's win the East if they can get past Cleveland. Last night's Cav win gave me hope.

People love citing the Bucks top lineup net rating stat, but if the minute minimum is reduced a little, the Cavs were actually #1. That was ironically w/out Garland & Mobley though. But it shows they're a real threat if they can push the right buttons.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,139

Post#510 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 10, 2024 11:37 pm

Big Ragu heating up. Man, I wish we still had him. How come everyone sucks when they're on the Bucks? lol
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,137

Post#511 » by MickeyDavis » Fri May 10, 2024 11:37 pm

James1980 wrote:Does Bud's Sun's contract offset what we owed him?

It would. But I believe his contract with us expired after the season.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,214

Post#512 » by theFireBlanket » Fri May 10, 2024 11:41 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Big Ragu heating up. Man, I wish we still had him. How come everyone sucks when they're on the Bucks? lol

He didn't suck though.

Post injury, his confidence went through trials: They didn't commit to his extension demands, tried acquiring Bogdanovich, brought in Grayson. Should've let the med staff work their magic & bought in.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,237

Post#513 » by PintSizedBox10 » Fri May 10, 2024 11:45 pm

Brunson is a joke
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,139

Post#514 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 10, 2024 11:47 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:Big Ragu heating up. Man, I wish we still had him. How come everyone sucks when they're on the Bucks? lol

He didn't suck though.

Post injury, his confidence went through trials: They didn't commit to his extension demands, tried acquiring Bogdanovich, brought in Grayson. Should've let the med staff work their magic & bought in.

He was oft injured and couldn't shoot 3's like he can now. His trade value at the time would suggest he wasn't the best when he was with us. Maybe "sucks" is too strong a word, but he wasn't nearly developed as he is now, and it's likely he doesn't develop the same if he stays here, I'm just sad it didn't work out here. I'm ready for this organization to start hitting on some young players again.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,276

Post#515 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat May 11, 2024 12:03 am

Alec Burks is going to be one of those like 37 year olds playing in the G-League and I'll still believe in him.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Re: Around The League - Vogel Out 

Post#516 » by Daver » Sat May 11, 2024 12:20 am

DanoMac wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:Bud giving me major the one that got away vibes. Sure the Miami series was our huge, ugly blowup on a night out with our friends moment but neither of us were at our best then.

I agree with you about being the one that got away, but, I've seen multiple reports about the team (not just Giannis) wanting him gone long before the Miami series. And apparently ownership was not fond of him either.

Hopefully some day we get some behind the scenes dirt about that.

BP, BucksStatsGuy, or VooDoo - you guys know anything on that?

There were rumors way back in 21 that if bucks didnt win the chip he would of been fired back then
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,755

Post#517 » by Serge28 » Sat May 11, 2024 12:38 am

Can't slide under players like that, last second. Donte falling that way reminded of Love doing same **** to hurt Giannis in the playoffs last year.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,041

Post#518 » by BUCKnation » Sat May 11, 2024 12:38 am

Man that charge call wasnt even close. Totally late and dangerous slide in by nesmith
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,276

Post#519 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat May 11, 2024 12:44 am

#Hollingerwasright
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,537

Post#520 » by Milbucks96 » Sat May 11, 2024 12:53 am

Man the knicks are fun, idk how they’re doing it but they just dig deeper and somebody just plays like an all star alongside Brunson.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks