ImageImage

Around The League - Wolves v Mav’s and C’s v Indy

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,965

Re: Around The League - Vogel Out and Bud in with Suns 

Post#581 » by tydett » Sat May 11, 2024 4:19 pm

Chris Livingston could play the next 20 years in the NBA - quick, someone give us a Paul George for him.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,607

Post#582 » by Frank Nova » Sat May 11, 2024 5:38 pm

Jayson Tatum is so corny. The line he gave about not being treated like a super team is the lamest **** I’ve heard in awhile. Maybe it’s the whole “he plays for Boston” thing but idk, I don’t think I’d feel any different wherever he played. What a douche.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,406

Re: Around The League - Vogel Out 

Post#583 » by rilamann » Sat May 11, 2024 5:44 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
rilamann wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
The Suns just made the best single move they could towards righting that ship. He'll toss out the chaff role players and get those dudes in a system. He still might not get them past Minny, Denver, OKC, but he'll give those teams a run for their money.

For all my criticisms of Bud, Bud is a tailor made fit for this current Suns team.

To kind of echo what you said here, Bud is the perfect guy who can come in and get a veteran team on the right track and get the most out of them for 2-3 seasons.

I've always said this about about Bud, but he's the textbook example IMO of one those coaches who is really good for 2-3 years, then kind of goes stale after that. And that's about how much time the Sun's core has to at least make some noise and maybe win a couple playoff series. About the time Bud starts going stale, will be the same time that the Suns will begin a rebuild. I agree, I don't think the Sun's ceiling is reaching an NBA Finals, but they shouldn't be getting swept in the 1st round.

The Suns will be better in the regular season, and any offensive system will be better than what Vogel was doing. However, this won't help them win any playoff games.

A better regular season record means you get to play a lesser quality, more beatable opponent in the 1st round, maybe even have HCA in round 1.

The Suns have enough talent to win a playoff series if they get a more favorable match up, a better regular season record with Bud probably gets the Suns a more favorable match up in round 1.

That said, I don't think the Suns are going to make any real noise as far as contending to win the west. But they could possibly win a playoff series if Bud gets them on the right track.

I would be curious what the Sun's expectations are after hiring Bud. I think the Sun's ceiling is maybe winning a playoff series. If they think that with Bud they are going to contend to win the west, Bud probably won't last more than 2 years.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
AntetokounmBros
Rookie
And1: 1,202

Post#584 » by AntetokounmBros » Sat May 11, 2024 5:51 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:With some of the New Orleans stuff floating around who says no?

Lopez/Mids for Ingraham/Nance

I like Ingram, but if we're concerned about health...
rilamann
RealGM

Post#585 » by rilamann » Sat May 11, 2024 5:53 pm

jschligs wrote:I can't help but imagine what Giannis would be like with Jokic's soft touch.

I always imagine what it would be like if Giannis was a 90% free throw shooter.

Imagine a world where instead of Giannis struggling at the free throw line and taking a pounding all season from hard fouls. Teams are just conceding him dunks and when they do actually foul him, it's an automatic 2 pts.

Imagine if Giannis at the free throw line in game 6 of the Finals, was Giannis every game.

It's crazy to think that with the all the physical gifts Giannis has, the thing separating him from just being a great player of his era, to being in the goat conversation with MJ, is free throw shooting.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,214

Post#586 » by theFireBlanket » Sat May 11, 2024 5:54 pm

Frank Nova wrote:Jayson Tatum is so corny. The line he gave about not being treated like a super team is the lamest **** I’ve heard in awhile. Maybe it’s the whole “he plays for Boston” thing but idk, I don’t think I’d feel any different wherever he played. What a douche.

Yeah, hopefully Giannis never treads that line. He wouldn't. * When I saw the Tatum quote, it was like what the ***k is that load of bs supposed to even really mean?

Bobby's whole frontrunners post-game commentary vs. the Pacers was something pretty stupid from our camp.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,084

Post#587 » by German Athens » Sat May 11, 2024 6:00 pm

Frank Nova wrote:Jayson Tatum is so corny. The line he gave about not being treated like a super team is the lamest **** I’ve heard in awhile. Maybe it’s the whole “he plays for Boston” thing but idk, I don’t think I’d feel any different wherever he played. What a douche.

Yeah, I love how that was an excuse for them losing while also simultaneously complaining about not getting more accolades directly after a loss. Lame on both fronts.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#588 » by rilamann » Sat May 11, 2024 6:13 pm

Tatum and Brown are both corny as hell.

They would both be corny and annoying to me even if they played for the Bucks.

At the end of the day we are lucky as hell to have Giannis, not just because he is a great player. But because he's not an annoying lame cornball. Some might say Giannis has a corny sense of humor, but a corny sense of humor is not an annoying or unlikable trait.

Being a corny lame douche like Tatum (and Brown) is an unlikable trait.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,001

Post#589 » by emunney » Sat May 11, 2024 6:30 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:

Yeah, hopefully Giannis never treads that line. He wouldn't. * When I saw the Tatum quote, it was like what the ***k is that load of bs supposed to even really mean?

Bobby's whole frontrunners post-game commentary vs. the Pacers was something pretty stupid from our camp.

Yeah, have to acknowledge that Bobby describing completely natural behavior as an insult was pretty absurd.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
rilamann
RealGM

Post#590 » by rilamann » Sat May 11, 2024 7:03 pm

emunney wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

Yeah, have to acknowledge that Bobby describing completely natural behavior as an insult was pretty absurd.

That was cringe worthy on Bobby's part and you knew the moment you saw those comments that they were not going to age well. Because like you said, he was describing natural behavior.

But also because the Pacers owned us all season. Maybe if we had owned the Pacers and the Pacers finally won one vs us and the Pacers got cocky about it, Bobby could have maybe gotten away with those comments.

But when a team is continuously beating and humiliating you all season, making comments like that is an incredibly bad look.

If I went to the park and played some pick-up games and the team I was on kept getting beat and humiliated by the same team a bunch of times like the Pacers did to the Bucks this past season.

I would be too embarrassed to open my mouth in front of that team and the 4 or 5 people at the park watching

Bobby opened his mouth and embarrassed himself on a world stage, I couldn't imagine doing that....lol.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,137

Post#591 » by MickeyDavis » Sat May 11, 2024 7:27 pm

I don't know about Bobby embarrassing himself on the world stage. He's a 6th man/spot starter. His quote got little attention outside of this board, where all things Bucks are magnified X1000. Yeah it was dumb. Players say dumb things all the time. It was a one day "story". And everyone moved on. Except here lol. The Tatum quote gets attention and an ESPN headline because he's a 5 time all-star and 2 time first team all NBA. And he plays for a media darling.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,911

Post#592 » by blazza18 » Sat May 11, 2024 9:17 pm

Why do the officials put up with Luka’s ****?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#593 » by theFireBlanket » Sat May 11, 2024 9:27 pm

Hopefully Jaylen* is okay.

theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#594 » by theFireBlanket » Sat May 11, 2024 9:35 pm

Why are they shooting from a vantage with fans covering up the view mid PJ Washington bombs?

*Thunder need Jaylen* Williams, glad he's back/.

Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,140

Post#595 » by Matches Malone » Sat May 11, 2024 10:08 pm

Mavs experience coming through this series. OKC has a tough hurdle.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,018

Post#596 » by sidney lanier » Sat May 11, 2024 10:09 pm

Kidd wants them to do a 360 on that hack-a-Lively strategy.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,749

Post#597 » by yannisk » Sat May 11, 2024 10:45 pm

rilamann wrote:
jschligs wrote:I can't help but imagine what Giannis would be like with Jokic's soft touch.

Imagine a world where instead of Giannis struggling at the free throw line and taking a pounding all season from hard fouls. Teams are just conceding him dunks and when they do actually foul him, it's an automatic 2 pts.

Imagine if Giannis at the free throw line in game 6 of the Finals, was Giannis every game.

It's crazy to think that with the all the physical gifts Giannis has, the thing separating him from just being a great player of his era, to being in the goat conversation with MJ, is free throw shooting.

and the worst thing is he once was a 77% ft shooter on 8 attempts per game
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,029

Post#598 » by Plossum » Sat May 11, 2024 11:29 pm

OG vs Washington: who was the best mid season acquisition?
#LockUpChuck
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,643

Post#599 » by raferfenix » Sat May 11, 2024 11:38 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:With some of the New Orleans stuff floating around who says no?

Lopez/Mids for Ingraham/Nance

Am interested in something around Dyson Daniels.

How highly do we think New Orleans values him?
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,153

Post#600 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat May 11, 2024 11:52 pm

rilamann wrote:

It's not like fouling Giannis is a great idea. 1. He's strong enough that it turns the dunk into an and 1. 2. Even at 65% it's great PPP and really puts the team in a bind in terms of foul trouble both a team and individuals. Like sure, it would be great if a Top 20 player of all time was even better but it's not as crippling as people seem to make it out to be. "guys I always wondered if Lebron was the exact same in every way but 4 inches taller!"

No body is perfect and as is Giannis is extremely skilled for a seven footer. His touch around the rim isn't bad at all considering the contact he absorbs.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks